• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shipment Disasters: Missing Items & Poor Packaging | Product Review

In summary, the customer was not happy with their recent shipments. They were missing items, shorted on items, and had trouble reading the packing slips.
tabnat80
Gold Member
:cry: Ok, I don't know what's up at ho. I got a shipment in on Saturday and I was going through it tonight and it's all messed up. First of all, they gave me an extra scoop, which, I'm not complaining about, but hello, how hard is it to read a list and put items in a box. Secondly, they short shipped me a food chopper! I can see a citrus press falling through the crack but a food chopper, come on. Next, I only got tiny little bags to put big ol' stones in. What am I going to do now. I've got all these stones, batter bowls, quick stir pitchers, etc and no bags that will fit them. Ok, I also placed a supply order and they short shipped me on the recipe cards. So, I've sent a product adjustment and I emailed ho about the bags. I just wanted to go ahead and get the host's stuff to her tomorrow but I don't have any way to divide the stones etc up unless I use sticky notes on them. :yuck: :grumpy:

Last week, my host was missing a DCB!
Jessica

My host last week ordered the Zesty Guacamole mix and one of the packets were sliced open, what a mess!!:yuck:

I was shipped no bags one day, luckily I had extras at home. If you ever have a host that you are close to, ask them to save any extra bags for you. You can also order extra on the supply order.

Well, I was hoping that ho could ship me some bags out today to have by Wednesday. I shouldn't have to pay for bags if they would just do their job and send me the right sizes. I couldn't even squeeze a batter bowl in them and I had 6 of those on this order. Anyways, I am so frustrated. I know sometimes they will mess up an order but just not putting the right bags in there is negligant.
wadesgirl said:
I was shipped no bags one day, luckily I had extras at home. If you ever have a host that you are close to, ask them to save any extra bags for you. You can also order extra on the supply order.

tabnat80 said:
Well, I was hoping that ho could ship me some bags out today to have by Wednesday. I shouldn't have to pay for bags if they would just do their job and send me the right sizes. I couldn't even squeeze a batter bowl in them and I had 6 of those on this order. Anyways, I am so frustrated. I know sometimes they will mess up an order but just not putting the right bags in there is negligant.
I agree with you not having to pay for bags but it might come in use later on down the road to have some on hand.

I also rec'd small bags for big items on my Sat. shipment. When I first opened the box I noticed the free carmel sprinkles container was all bent on the bottom & top so I looked at the outside of the box & no damage. I continued going through the box & 1 of 2 boxes of the square plates made a "sound". I didn't open the box but one or both of the plates were obviously broken. I guess the box being thrown around messed up my sprinkles & broke the plates. I did an online adjustment.

Problem shipmentsMy host did not receive the correct packing slips. I also had a products adjustment for a rectangle stone and they sent a Mix and Mash. The packing slip said it was a rectangle stone. :eek:

I agree with you not having to pay for bags but it might come in use later on down the road to have some on hand.

What a waste of money. I am never going to pay for PC bags. I already have a stack of them. I'll spend money on an ad before I buy those silly bags.

Well, I got two shipments in one day and one only had small bags and was missing an item and the customer slips and packing slips in the other one looked like they had run out of ink-you could barely read anything on them!! Luckily I got the shipments, I have extra bags. The only time I sent a shipment to a host they didn't send her any bags at all and she had to find some herself to use!!! SOOOOO embarassing! I do understand having mix-ups and problems, it's almost impossible not to with the volume going out of the warehouse, but COME ON!!!!! I really think they need to do some more quality control before it goes out the door!!

The last 3 shows I have turned in have had something wrong with them. 1 show was missing 2 itmes. The 2nd show had a broken stone in it, and the 3rd show was missing a stoneware fluted pan and had a med bar pan instead. The hostess got to keep the medium pan so she was happy. I have been doing PC for 10 months and this is the first problem I have had. A previous consultant told me that she had ALL shows shipped to her home and she seperated them and did product adjustments before she took them to her hostess. She also said that MANY times extra items are in the boxes and she jsut kept them for herself.

The last two outside orders I had (beginning of Feb) both had defective spatulas. One customer took care of it herself by emailing HO but the other emailed me and I took care of it....BUT YES it is so frustrating lately!!!!!!!!

Ok... I have to jump in on this...... have any of you ever worked in a warehouse before? The only reason I ask is becuase the job is not as easy as "reading the paper, selecting the item and placing it in a box". I've worked at Hewlett Packard, Amazon.com, Glidden paint, and a large east coast drug store warehouse. All jobs from the time product comes into the warehouse to the time its shipped to the customer. I've seen it all.

Think about when you go to the grocery store. And your list says "Golden Grahams". You find them on the shelf. Reach your hand out. You accidentally lean towards the Cheerios because you looked back at your list to see what was next. Sometimes you catch it before you pick it up. Sometimes you dont.

Now add time to that. You have to do your shopping ASAP. How accurate do you think you can be? Every time?

Now try to do your shopping by reading just the labels on the shelf. Was the right item place on the shelf for that label?

Have you ever skipped an item on your list because you were in a hurry? Gotten home and realized "Dang it, forgot the 5lb bag of dog food" (that didnt slip out of the cart accidentally)

Everybody wants their orders quickly. But accuracy can suffer with speed. At Christmas time it was terrible. I chalked it up to a bunch of new people in the warehouse.

My main job at all those places was to "babysit" people (recievers/pickers). Find out: why shipments were missing? Why items that the inventory said we had 0 left but Im staring at 4 cases? Why inventory said we had 144 of an item when we only had 8? Why customers were recieving item #2295 when they ordered #2995?
Usually the answers were one of 3 things:
the picker mixing up the item/location number
the picker skipping a line (THIS WAS A BIG ONE. Especially if they use paper lists instead of electronically)
the receiver placing the wrong item in the bin

The only way HO will know theres a problem in the warehouse is if its reported. More than just an online adjustment. The sooner they know the sooner they can find the problem so that future shipments go out correctly.

Sorry its long winded. I just remember my time in the warehouse. They were all the same, from chemical analysis equipment to toothbrushes. Now PACKING the boxes... thats a whole other rant. :)

In the last year an half, I don't think I have recieved show that is totally right yet! Someone else in my cluster got an order from a completely different show with her packing slips. I think out of 30 items, only 3 were right!

What is most frustrating though is the 1 to 2 hour wait time to talk to someone from customer service - hosts don't want to deal with this!

I sort all my local shows and deliver them now.

i know the same thing has happened to me and to my customers, has anyone else noticed the stone ware was either chipped or was not in their box?
one of my customers had that happen and i am thinking on just having all the items sent to me then i sort them out myself.
l monninger

I had a product adjustment for a HWC small bowl; packing slip & reference number were correct but in the box there was a Square Griddle Pan:eek:

I have had more shipment issues in the last 2 months than the entire time I have been with the company. I know that the job isn't an easy one, but this certainly not the type of service that we, or our customers, have come to expect from PC.

Fortunately for me the last show delivered here only came with small bags and I needed 3 large bags and had them from previous shows. I keep the extra bags and use them when I need bags (nice advertising!) and for times like this when I needed some large bags. I should drop HO a note to let them know I was missing the large bags. Especially now that they send us packing slips they know roughly how many small and large we need. I even had some products that don't even fit bags to deal with--I taped a small bag to the box and put the receipt inside the bag and put the packing slip on top of the bag.

Nothing else was missing or broken!

PC really stepped it up. They got my bags and missing chopper out and delivered in 3 days. I got my missing recipe cards in 5. That was pretty fast in my opinion.

My last two shows were shorted the Triffle bowl in each order one for host and one for a guests and they didn't get any big bags either i felt bad when the host called me and asked me how can she fit all the things in the little bags, luckly i had few big bags and then she used sticky notes but still i think ho is slipping

Wonder if they ran out of large bags? All 4 of my shows from last week had ONLY small bags...

I just received a shipment of a catalog show that I did. Most of the items were direct ship because they were out of town. There were only six items to pick, not counting the free spreaders. I was still short a small batter bowl. :-( I've had to do so many adjustments lately for missing or broken things I worry they won't believe me.

tinat51796 said:
I just received a shipment of a catalog show that I did. Most of the items were direct ship because they were out of town. There were only six items to pick, not counting the free spreaders. I was still short a small batter bowl. :-( I've had to do so many adjustments lately for missing or broken things I worry they won't believe me.

I just got done doing my third adjustment for the night for missing/messed up things, and I was thinking the exact same thing!

Is anyone getting a reference number on their missing items? I had a first time ever PC hostess who has 5 missing items. I put in a adj. on Tuesday and still have yet to get a reference number or it even show up in the shipping status. I put in another adj. to see if it would go thru and still just a pending number.. I have called two nights in a row and am on hold forever with no option of a call back.

dianevill said:
Wonder if they ran out of large bags? All 4 of my shows from last week had ONLY small bags...

I wrote an e-mail complaining that I had no small bags for my shows and said I had to dip into my stock of large bags. Today Fed Ex shows up with a pretty heavy box. HO sent me 225 large PC bags. I didn't need that many!!

They really do take care of us - LOL!

Mwalker said:
Ok... I have to jump in on this...... have any of you ever worked in a warehouse before? The only reason I ask is becuase the job is not as easy as "reading the paper, selecting the item and placing it in a box". I've worked at Hewlett Packard, Amazon.com, Glidden paint, and a large east coast drug store warehouse. All jobs from the time product comes into the warehouse to the time its shipped to the customer. I've seen it all.

Think about when you go to the grocery store. And your list says "Golden Grahams". You find them on the shelf. Reach your hand out. You accidentally lean towards the Cheerios because you looked back at your list to see what was next. Sometimes you catch it before you pick it up. Sometimes you dont.

Now add time to that. You have to do your shopping ASAP. How accurate do you think you can be? Every time?

Now try to do your shopping by reading just the labels on the shelf. Was the right item place on the shelf for that label?

Have you ever skipped an item on your list because you were in a hurry? Gotten home and realized "Dang it, forgot the 5lb bag of dog food" (that didnt slip out of the cart accidentally)

Everybody wants their orders quickly. But accuracy can suffer with speed. At Christmas time it was terrible. I chalked it up to a bunch of new people in the warehouse.

My main job at all those places was to "babysit" people (recievers/pickers). Find out: why shipments were missing? Why items that the inventory said we had 0 left but Im staring at 4 cases? Why inventory said we had 144 of an item when we only had 8? Why customers were recieving item #2295 when they ordered #2995?
Usually the answers were one of 3 things:
the picker mixing up the item/location number
the picker skipping a line (THIS WAS A BIG ONE. Especially if they use paper lists instead of electronically)
the receiver placing the wrong item in the bin

The only way HO will know theres a problem in the warehouse is if its reported. More than just an online adjustment. The sooner they know the sooner they can find the problem so that future shipments go out correctly.

Sorry its long winded. I just remember my time in the warehouse. They were all the same, from chemical analysis equipment to toothbrushes. Now PACKING the boxes... thats a whole other rant. :)

I also worked in warehouses for quite some time however, every warehouse I ever worked for had a QC department who reviewed the orders after they were picked prior to packing and shipping to verify all pieces matched the packing slip. So unless they do not have a QC group for that then I can not understand how so many orders are missing so many things. Now for the damaged merchandise that could be either the packer or Fedex. I also used to work for UPS and I can't tell you how many times I would see the guys drop kick any box that said fragile on it. I always cringed thinking I hope that is not coming to my house LOL

dianevill said:
I wrote an e-mail complaining that I had no small bags for my shows and said I had to dip into my stock of large bags. Today Fed Ex shows up with a pretty heavy box. HO sent me 225 large PC bags. I didn't need that many!!

They really do take care of us - LOL!

Oh my goodness! That is above and beyond the call of duty! They sent you a whole case! :) (Somehow I think that wasn't supposed to quite happen like that...)

Fluffy215 said:
I also worked in warehouses for quite some time however, every warehouse I ever worked for had a QC department who reviewed the orders after they were picked prior to packing and shipping to verify all pieces matched the packing slip. So unless they do not have a QC group for that then I can not understand how so many orders are missing so many things. Now for the damaged merchandise that could be either the packer or Fedex. I also used to work for UPS and I can't tell you how many times I would see the guys drop kick any box that said fragile on it. I always cringed thinking I hope that is not coming to my house LOL

PC doesn't have QC check by hand on all orders. The checks are the pick-to-light system - pick and confirm by lights (dependent on stocking being correct), and the weight check at the end of each line.

If it is in a run where they call for 100% QC or a picker sends it to QC for a specific reason, then it is checked by a live person 100%. Usually when that happens, you will see a small slip with initials on it along with your pick list. Otherwise, it went through with weight check.

There is quite a stretch of conveyor and a few merges and pushers between the last weight check and where the pick list and bags are placed in and the carton sealed, so there is a chance something is happening there.

Wrong item picks make sense because of a wrongly stocked item...large amounts missing don't make much sense unless an entire box is missing...

Dang, Diane. Now I know why my last 3 shows arrived with no bags!! HO is out HA!!I couldn't believe it. Luckily, many were big stones or cookware so I put a label with the guest name and used bags I had purchased for craft fairs.

I can't get over you getting a case of large bags, Diane! I agree with Janet that something like that was probably not supposed to happen. One would think they would send you some but not a whole case.

Too bad you never got some of the small bags that you really needed. I guess when we need bags we'll have to contact you!

All kidding aside I noticed with the last show that was delivered here last week that I had more bags than normal which was good as the last show I barely had enough and had to raid my stash too.

Related to Shipment Disasters: Missing Items & Poor Packaging | Product Review

1. What should I do if I receive my shipment and there are items missing or damaged?

If you receive your shipment and find that items are missing or damaged, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will work with you to resolve the issue and ensure that you receive all of your items in good condition.

2. How long does it take to resolve a shipment disaster?

The time it takes to resolve a shipment disaster can vary depending on the specific situation. Our customer service team will work to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this process.

3. Are there any steps I can take to prevent shipment disasters?

While we do our best to package and ship items carefully, sometimes things can still go wrong during transit. To minimize the risk of a shipment disaster, we recommend double checking your order before submitting it and ensuring that your shipping address is correct.

4. What happens if I receive the wrong item in my shipment?

If you receive the wrong item in your shipment, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will work to resolve the issue and get you the correct item as soon as possible.

5. Is there a way to track my shipment to avoid any surprises upon delivery?

Yes, we provide tracking information for all shipments so you can monitor the status of your order. You will receive a tracking number via email once your order has shipped. If you have any concerns about your shipment, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bostonbelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefZee
  • pamperedtara
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heatherbug737