• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's In Your Host/ess Packet?

In summary, it is important to keep your host/ess packets simple and concise. You may be overdoing it with the amount of information you are providing. It is best to stick to the essentials, such as the host checklist, your life your way brochure, and the DVD. Adding in a game or cross-selling page is also helpful. Remember, most hosts will not read through all the material, so keeping it simple will help them focus on the important tasks, such as inviting guests and getting attendance. During host coaching, it is important to go over the contents of the packet with your host, and to keep the conversation short and to the point. Keep it simple and your show totals will likely increase."
chefmoseley
Gold Member
What do you have in your host/ess packets? I have been reading recent post and feel like I might be over doing it. I do a folder. One the front of the folder I have a 'does the apron fit' flyer. In the first pocket I put the address and unable to attend labels, the host check list (the thing that has their wish list and invite list), your life, your way brochure, and the dvd as well as a registry pamphlet. and their invites. In the middle (I use report covers so that pages last longer) I put a game (invite ten people from the list get a prize or the host bingo), then comes the 10 questions you may have about PC. Then comes info on Round up and HWC. Then the cross sell page for cookware. My 'menu' (recipes that I offer). The upcoming 3 host specials (one page with all three and lines that say 'i want to host April, May, or June with blanks). and then the guest special for this month. And then on the last page I have info about clubs. In the back pocket I have 3 catalogs and 5 outside order forms. Am I over doing it? I just want my host to be informed and be able to assist guests right away without having 'I'm not sure, give Amy a call' and then the person never calls and never gets an answer. Let me know what you think please.

Yeah, I think that may be a little too much.

What I've found is that my hosts rarely read anything in the host packet, except what I go over with them in host coaching calls - and I try to keep those to 10 minutes or less.
I use 2 pocket folders that I get at office supply stores during Back to School sales for 5 cents (or less) a piece. I buy enough then to take me through the year.
Here is what I put in my Host Packet:

Front: PC label, and my address label, plus a sticker from Nancy's about the recipe for a successful show.

Inside Left Pocket:
Business Card in the slot for it, 50 Guest in 5 Minutes Flyer, Show Planner, Host Letter w/ Invitation List sheet to fill out, 5-10 invites for handing out.

Inside Right Pocket:
5 outside order forms, 2 catalogs, Host/Guest Special Flyer, Your Life Your Way brochure.

I have the same things Becky has in hers :). Hosts definitely don't sit down and read all the material! Keep it simple!

To truely be effective, I think you may be over doing it as well. I also used to include a ton of info in mine until I realized it was just over-whleming hosts, so I cut back. My show totals have been up big time since I started doing this because hosts started focussing more on the guest list and getting attendence rather than all the "extra's" I put in there for them to see.

OhmyDLM said:
To truely be effective, I think you may be over doing it as well. I also used to include a ton of info in mine until I realized it was just over-whleming hosts, so I cut back. My show totals have been up big time since I started doing this because hosts started focussing more on the guest list and getting attendence rather than all the "extra's" I put in there for them to see.
Darcy - that is a great point!I wanted to add too that during host coaching, I go over every piece of paper that is in my host folder. I give out almost all of my host folders at shows - I try to always get the booking w/date at the show, so I don't have to spend the money to mail out the folder - and then I go over the info with them for the first time right then, and tell them I will call in a few days to go over it more thoroughly.

Last edited:
My director taught me to "keep it simple" as well....

I use yellow plastic 2 pocket folders (they last longer)
The front is a large PC label
The left side is the planning guide, Your Life, Your way brochure, a catalog with the host's name & his/her code for my website for the e-vites since we can't mail the invites here & a SBRC (contact info on all of it)
The middle I have 3 plastic protectors that have the Host letter, Apron in 5 sizes, the Host specials for that month & the following month, & the guest specials, then the half price combinations page.
The right pocket is 3 catalogs (with contact info), a small manila envelope to collect $ from outside orders & then 5 outside order forms

I have the following:

Host Letter
Host and Guest Flyer
10 Order Forms
2 Catalogs
Invitations (# depends on how many the want)

If it is a Catalog Show, I add two flyers with Catalog FAQs and Catalog Tips. And of course, no invitations. I wll add more catalogs if the host say they need more.

Mine is similar to Kathi's (uh, wonder why;) ), though some of my documents are in a different order.

I like having a professional looking host packet (which I don't give out until the host coaching appointment). I think the packet helps set the tone for the host coaching. I've actually had a few hosts whose whole body language changed when I gave them the folder (lol).

Hi! I'm brand new and trying to set up my host packets and am really liking the the idea of the plastic 2 pocket folders with page protectors in the middle - I think they will look great!

Where would I get a PC label for the front of the packet?

And, Jennifer - what does your Host letter look like? Do you not use the Show planner?

Last edited:

1. What is included in the host/ess packet?

The host/ess packet typically includes a catalog, order forms, invitations, and information about hosting a Pampered Chef party. It may also include special offers or incentives for hosting.

2. How do I receive a host/ess packet?

If you are interested in hosting a Pampered Chef party, you can contact a Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a party. The consultant will provide you with a host/ess packet at the party.

3. Can I customize the contents of the host/ess packet?

While the basic contents of the host/ess packet are standard, some consultants may offer the option to customize the packet to fit your needs. This can include adding additional information or materials specific to your party.

4. Is there a cost for the host/ess packet?

No, there is no cost for the host/ess packet. It is provided to the host/ess as a tool to help them have a successful party and earn rewards.

5. Are there any digital versions of the host/ess packet available?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a digital version of the host/ess packet that can be accessed through their website. This allows hosts/esses to easily share information and materials with their guests before and after the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefpelkey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • BadGirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • Kristianne