• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for My First Show: Drawing Prize Ideas

In summary, the new drawing slips are "Yes, Maybe, No" instead of "Yes". The old slips are still available and still work great.I just ordered door prize slip on my last supply order and I still did not get the Yes No Maybe slips. I have plenty of the other ones but wanted the Yes, No, Maybe ones so I'm still using homemade ones.
jrb0328
so tomorrow is my very first show and i am beyond excited. my bf is going to sit and help me "practice" and air demonstrate (becuase i have already done the recipe) and let me know how i did ( i might even video tape :confused: )

i was putting together little folders with the catalog, guest order form, guest special, and a drawing slip. I was thinking about the drawing slip, and i realize that it is a great way to find out who is interested and to get info from people. when YOU do a drawing, what do YOU give away as the prize? i was thinking to make up personal GC slips for say 10$-15$ and it can be put towards ingredients if they book a show, shipping, products...any other suggestions? i dont want to offer the same thing everytime incase of repeat guests - everyone likes surprises!

Oh - and if i or the cusomer were to choose a product as the prize, can i (if i do it as a guest order) order that with the show so that she gets it at the same time?

Do not put the drawing slips in the folders. Hand them out personally at the end. I kind of like your prize idea. I would give them a choice of free ingredients for booking a show, a seasons best (you should have gotten extras in your kit) or have a small bowl with twixit's pan scrapers etc. You do not want to be giving away too much profit. Remember it needs to look easy and profitable.

Good luck and have fun!!!

thank you. I didn't get extra Seasons Best but if i order then now i should have them in time to send with their order.

That's odd, there should have been 6 in your paperwork box.I always go through the drawing slip w/ them. Like for hosting I say who wants a free shopping spree and a fun night out, you want to mark yes. If I could twist your are put maybe and if you like paying full price mark no. That was a good tip about making a profit.

The new kit (actually one year old now) does not include the six Seasons Best cookbooks. Instead the hosts in the first 30 days of a new Consultant's business get the Charter Host gift.

yes thats what i have - the charter host gift special. but i am going to order some seasons best books and hope they come in time! i have not placed a supply order yet so i dont know the shipping time

That's what I give - the Season's Best. I don't use the company drawing slips, either - they don't work well for me. I like these better:

Attachments

• Show Drawing Slip.doc
    45 KB · Views: 603
I like these drawing slips WAY better...THANK YOU!

ChefLisa said:
The new kit (actually one year old now) does not include the six Seasons Best cookbooks. Instead the hosts in the first 30 days of a new Consultant's business get the Charter Host gift.
6 copies of the seasons best are in the Business Buiding Package (Booster Kit) that new consultants can purchase for $36 in their first 60 days. Hopefully this link will work. It shows everything that you get.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/supply_booster_en_us.pdf

cathyskitchen said:
That's what I give - the Season's Best. I don't use the company drawing slips, either - they don't work well for me. I like these better:
HO has changed the drawing slips to go back to the yes, maybe, no format. They announced it in, I think, the last newswire email.

BethCooks4U said:
HO has changed the drawing slips to go back to the yes, maybe, no format. They announced it in, I think, the last newswire email.

Yes! I know - I'm SO thrilled about this!

We include the slips in my folders and we go over it at the beginning. We tell them that the back is a good place to write down any products that they see that they want to purchase to make filling out the order form a little easier. It gets used a lot for this purpose. The only down fall is that as soon as you point the slip out they start writing and probably don't listen to use tell other things. We shoudl start doing it after we explain everything else in the folder. As for prizes, we give twixits, season's bests, citris pealers and other little things you can get from the supply order and we always give the host a Season's Best.

I just ordered door prize slip on my last supply order and I still did not get the Yes No Maybe slips. I have plenty of the other ones but wanted the Yes, No, Maybe ones so I'm still using homemade ones. Trying something new today....so we'll see.

New drawing slip ideaThis info was forwarded to me from a friend... thought it might be helpful to everyone. I haven't had much luck with PC's drawing slip.

Every season has its reason for people to say “no” to buying, booking and selling. As the summer heat increases, these reasons/excuses heat up as well. So, how do you keep a full party schedule to have a sizzlin’ summer of sales? Eliminate Excuses before you Encounter them. How do you do this? With a TWIST on your drawing slip. Now, some people still advocate that old, outdated sales tactic to “overcome the objection.” But why fight a potential customer? My philosophy is to discover a person’s need and follow their lead – and all succeed! (how poetic!).

To discover their need, I do a TWIST on the traditional door prize slip.

Drawing slips are used not only to give a prize away, but also to recognize and reward guests at presentations! I use drawing slips to draw guests into the presentation and into my circle of warmth, friendship, and relationship.

So, to discover a guest’s need, I create a drawing slip specific to the season, in this case the summer. So that my slip will have the guest’s name (no other info--that's on the order form; why make her write this multiple times?), I ask her to circle all the summer activities she’ll be participating in:

Swinging a golf club
Shopping at the mall
Babysitting children
Lying on the Beach
Attending a Wedding
Going to a Class Reunion
Relaxing by my own pool
Remodeling my house
Cooking on the grill
Vacationing to __________ (they fill in the destination)

I like to recognize and reward both the person with the most circles and the one with the least. This gives me an indication of their busy-ness as it relates to my business. Those with the most circles are pretty busy, so I’ll adapt my service.

As you’re helping Jane Doe with her order, you see she’s marked “relaxing by my own pool,” suggest she host a pool party with your products! Attendance will likely be high! If she’s going to be “Remodeling my Home”, that’s a natural open for a party invitation to show off her results. What if “Attending a Wedding” is marked? Offer your products as a gift giving service and show her how she can get gifts she gives for free!! Sure helps out on the gift-giving budget that seems to shrink in the seasons of gift- giving occasions.

Are you doing the TWIST here? Remember: I said each season has its reason for people to say “no”. Why not do the TWIST and adapt this to other seasons? Soon, your business will be overflowing with gallons and gallons of Sweet Successes and Juicy Profits all year long!!

Here is my drawing slip... just finished it today.

:) Hope it helps.

Last edited:
What an AWESOME idea. Too bad I don't have any shows for awhile.

For those of us in the military this is a HUGE season to move, so you could add "PCSing..."

Great idea... but why would the buy more if they're PCSing??? I have a friend that's having a show for me on Friday and she's PCSing in July... I guess it's a great way to throw a show as a going away thing too... I'll have to add that to it before I print them. :)

Love this!!! I will be giving them a try! Thanks!

Can't get bookings now to save my life. Thanks for a great idea! I hope it works!!

You're very welcome... keep your chin up... it's a tough time of year. :D

I always mention that we can ship to their new duty station if they have an address, a close friend or neighbor's home, or just ship it to the host and then I'll ship it to them when they are ready. If ya think about it, thats great customer service, a tax write off, etc. Yes it can get expensive but it shows my customers that I care and want their business no matter what. I'd say 85-95% of the time they still order and give me a forwarding address just in case something is back ordered. :)

1. What are some popular prize ideas for my first show?

Some popular prize ideas for your first show might include kitchen gadgets or tools, cookbooks, or gift baskets filled with Pampered Chef products. You could also consider offering a discount on a future purchase or a free product with a certain minimum purchase amount.

2. Should I offer one big prize or multiple smaller prizes?

It ultimately depends on your budget and the size of your show. Offering one big prize can create a lot of excitement and anticipation, but offering multiple smaller prizes can increase the chances of more guests winning something.

3. How much should I budget for prizes?

You should budget a portion of your profits from the show for prizes. Typically, 10-15% of your total sales is a good guideline to follow. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for advice on budgeting for prizes.

4. What are some creative ways to choose prize winners?

There are many creative ways to choose prize winners, such as drawing names out of a hat, playing a game or trivia quiz related to Pampered Chef products, or awarding prizes to guests who make a purchase during the show. You could also offer a prize to the guest who brings the most friends to the show.

5. Can I offer a prize to my host for booking a future show?

Absolutely! In fact, offering a prize to your host for booking a future show is a great way to incentivize them and ensure their continued support. You could offer a free product, a discount on their next purchase, or a gift card to a local restaurant or store.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cjromero
Replies
Views
ChefAmandaWason
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Suzy Englert