• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What am I forgetting for my big show tomorrow?!

In summary, Stacey forgot to take a breath and had a nervous breakdown on her show. She has decided to use a work-around and bring along a card with her explaining her products. She has plenty of products with her and has printed cards to hand out to her guests.
PCwithStay-C
OK so it is 4am I am still up and soooo nervous about my show tomorrow. I finally have all my paperwork together and just completed my show outline. I know I am missing something!!! OK I have

Catalogues
Guest folders - catalogue, order form, monthly specials, drawing slip, pen
Show Outline
Extra Paperwork (just in case!)
3 host packets
3 recruit packets (plus some extra your life, your way flyers)
Bridal and Fundraiser info
calender

anything Im missing??? Im so freaked out right now!! I sooo have to go to bed!!

Wish me luck. Im just hoping I dont have a brain fart or anything half way through the show!!! :p

Ok nite all!!

Gift Certificate info? Outlet info? And if your recruit packets are for anyone curious, be sure to keep them VERY simple!!! It's crucial NOT to overwhelm folks in the beginning. I have a two sided flier I give anyone curious and I know some of my fellow Consultants feel it is too much.

You'll do GREAT! Just remember to breath! And also, look at my tagline....we're Pampered, not Perfect! Refer to that if you goof up during your show.

You'll be great, Stacey. Breathe. Relax. Have fun.

dont forget your host specials for this month and next

just breathe

relax and let them know its your first show
your guests will be great :)

PamperedChefDebi said:
Gift Certificate info? Outlet info? And if your recruit packets are for anyone curious, be sure to keep them VERY simple!!! It's crucial NOT to overwhelm folks in the beginning. I have a two sided flier I give anyone curious and I know some of my fellow Consultants feel it is too much.

You'll do GREAT! Just remember to breath! And also, look at my tagline....we're Pampered, not Perfect! Refer to that if you goof up during your show.

Thanks Debi. Any idea where (and what :confused: ) outlet info is? :D

Thanks Rae and Heather, I must remember to breathe :) hehehe

Don't forget your products!

The outlet is on your website. Just direct them there. Let them know they can get some great bargains by visiting your outlet on your website, be sure your website address is printed on anything you give them, whether it's your business card or on the back of the catalog.

Calm down Stacey, you will do just fine. Just remember, you are cooking for your friends and all the while telling them about these fabulous products you have! If they are people you've never met, make sure they are your friend before you walk out the door. Breath & smile!

haha Lamar :D that would be one thing I DONT want to forget!!thanks Kelly, I found a flyer in the flyers sectionThank you Linda, Im storing all this advice to remember today :)

ljeffries said:
Don't forget your products!

Been There.....Done That........and made the emergency phone call to DH!:eek: :rolleyes:

When I forget a product, I try to find a work-around, and then I offer it on the "Oops, I'm an idiot so you save 10%" sale for people at the show only. :)

chefann said:
When I forget a product, I try to find a work-around, and then I offer it on the "Oops, I'm an idiot so you save 10%" sale for people at the show only. :)

Yeah - but when you forget the DCB - sitting at home on the counter, with the chicken sitting in it that is part of your demo........it's hard to find a work-around.......

Good thing it roasts in 30 minutes! DH got there 5 minutes before the show started - and I was able to just switch around the order of my show and still get it done! (we did the 7 Layer Southwestern Salad - the chicken was just a little warm still!)

This is what I use. It may be the same since I found it here, I think.

Attachments

• Debi's Outlet Flyer.doc
    312 KB · Views: 471
Thank Debi, thats the same as the one I got :)

Here is a another index card I came up with, people would call or e-mail me and tell me they can't find the outlet on my website so I made this card up

I have plenty with me at my shows and in my catalog tote (the greatest thing next to sliced bread)

I print them on BLANK 4 x 6 index cards

It comes in handy alot

~

Attachments

• On-Line Outlet Instructions 001.doc
    25 KB · Views: 309
PCwithStay-C said:
Thanks Rae and Heather, I must remember to breathe :) hehehe

Yeah, you laugh now. You'd think this would be a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised how many times (when I first started) I got half-way through my demo and realized I hadn't taken a breath. ;)

well how did it go?

did you breathe? lol

Thanks Debi and Theresa, I like both of those ideas.

haha Rae, did you start getting that high pitch voice as you got more and more out of breathe :p hehehe

OK so I remembered my products, all my paperwork, remembered to keep my gas receipt and track my mileage...and I did remember to breathe. But that is probably because I had so much free time since there were NO GUESTS!!!
Not one single guest. Just the host and her mum and neither of them bought anything at the show. Said they would look through the catalogue and order something this week!!
She says she has 2 outside orders, so well see. At this point I dont think it will even qualify as a show. Maybe Ill tack some stuff on for me. I have some things I need anyways!!
But holy crapoly!! It took me almost an hour to get there, stayed for 2 and a half hours, didnt even do the show (the host didnt want to!!) then packed up and spent almost an hour and a half driving home cause of traffic!!
Then just to top it off, had to get back in the car at 11pm last nite to take hubby to the hospital!! I just think yesterday wasnt my day!!
But today is a new day, right? :)

Awww, {{{hugs}}} to you Stacey. That really stinks. Had the host given you a tentative headcount before the show? Did you at least remind her to get orders from the people who said they'd be there and didn't show?

Stacey~

I am so sorry for you! Your next show will be better!

Hope DH is Ok...keep us posted when you can!

Oh no! That really does stink. I hope it at least ends up qualifing as a show. I have alot of trouble getting Hosts to fully grasp that they need to invite 40 people and then follow up!

You poor thing. How's your hubby doing?

Well look at it this way - you can only go uphill from now on! The worst is behind you! (((Hugs))) and I'm sorry. We have all had bad shows....my worst was a cooking show where there were maybe 8 in attendance but they were all 65 and older and all they did the whole time I was doing my demo was talk about someones gallbladder surgery and who had died recently.

It was a $200 show barely and no bookings. The host cooked a ton of food so they hardly touched my taco ring and she seemed thrilled to be getting $25 free - go figure she probably spent more in food than that but hey she was happy!

Well, at least you got the bad one out of the way early! Now there's no place to go but up.

HUGS. The next one will be much better. Do some host coaching and get your host to bust butt on outside orders.

Thanks for everyones support. I hope that this will be my only 'bad show' and now I know how much I have to host coach. I have another show on sunday with a great host who is sooo interested in everything (Ive been slipping the opportunity in front of her at every opportunity :) ) she only has about 4 people coming but already has 4 outside orders. so at least I know this show will go better. :)

Hubby is doing fine. they kept him overnite in cardiology just to be sure but he will be home this afternoon.

Thanks again for everyones support and kind words :)

Hi Stacey,

Did you remember:
hostess packets
extra outside order forms for coming months to put in the hostess packets
the discontinueds flyer--Going, Going Gone!
products that you have washed and are draining in your drainer
the knives--are they in your kitchen drawer?
Cookbooks--I always forget to bring them

Did you print out recipes to bring?

That really sucks Stacey! Hope DH is okay.....

I just think yesterday wasnt my day!!
But today is a new day, right? :)

That's the spirit!!! :D

Related to What am I forgetting for my big show tomorrow?!

1. What is "Oh Man!! I Am Freaking Out!!!"?

"Oh Man!! I Am Freaking Out!!!" is a versatile seasoning blend from Pampered Chef that adds a burst of flavor to any dish.

2. What ingredients are in "Oh Man!! I Am Freaking Out!!!"?

The ingredients in "Oh Man!! I Am Freaking Out!!!" include sea salt, black pepper, garlic, onion, paprika, and spices.

3. How do I use "Oh Man!! I Am Freaking Out!!!"?

"Oh Man!! I Am Freaking Out!!!" can be used as a rub, seasoning, or marinade for meats, vegetables, and even popcorn. Simply sprinkle or rub onto your desired food before cooking.

4. Is "Oh Man!! I Am Freaking Out!!!" gluten-free?

Yes, "Oh Man!! I Am Freaking Out!!!" is gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions.

5. Can I purchase "Oh Man!! I Am Freaking Out!!!" in bulk?

Yes, "Oh Man!! I Am Freaking Out!!!" is available for purchase in a 2-pack or 6-pack for those who want to stock up on this delicious seasoning blend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpnina
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • photochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JCBurk