• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uggh. My Hostess Has $140 After 2 Weeks

In summary, the catalog host had few orders after Conference and is still waiting for orders from her "actual" hostess. The SD is running an incentive drawing that requires 2 parties/month at least $250 each. is this 2 parties or one??? Can I take a deduction on my taxes if I handle it a certain way? The author is confused. If that's all you have for the month, I'd focus on getting at least 2 shows in for July and getting your stainless saute pan free!
chefjwr
I have a hostess who I set up with a catalog show before Conference. Her show was to run July 1-15. I checked in with her after Conference and she had only a few orders and still only has about 5 small orders $140 +. She works at a huge church in Richardson and asked for this show. I have some orders $60+ I got in Iowa. I took a trip from Texas to Iowa to see family and showed them all the PC stuff, got 2 orders, then went as a group to a family reunion in Missouri and got a few interested but no orders yet. I just got two more small orders at the Orthodontist today adding to about $37. What a mess. I holding out till 9:30 ish praying for more orders from my actual hostess. What do I do? Combine this whole thing. My sd is running an incentive drawing that requires 2 parties/month at least $250 each. Is this 2 parties or one??? Can I take a deduction on my taxes if I handle it a certain way? I'm confused.

If that's all you have for the month, I'd focus on getting at least 2 shows in for July and getting your stainless saute pan free!

I agree with Janet - I'd do what you can to get 2 shows in by the end of the month, and go for the $250 for your director's promotion, too (it'll feel good to earn an incentive!).

I would go back to the catalog host and tell her she has until the 30th to get more orders and you'll do something for her, like purchase the host special for her (salad choppers or spinner), or give her something free from whatever "extra" stuff you have.

I would also get on the phone with people who have the retiring stuff on their "wish list" - I have already gotten some orders for the Lift & Serve from emailing that list today, and that's a $19.50 item! Maybe even offer 10% off their order if they're ordering retiring products and the total comes to XX amount? (or free shipping on orders of $50 or more?). Anything you think will put them over the edge and place the order now instead of waiting until fall.

Don't start talking about Fall until you have your 2 shows this month and your bookings for August. Then, go nuts making your Sept & Oct schedule as full as possible!

HTH - good luck!

Oh, and edited to add, if you ship the 2nd one to the place where you traveled, you can claim the mileage as a deduction on your taxes.

Thanks girls. Shipping to the traveled to address helps me here. Have you had personal experience with this? Do I need to use that address as the hostess address in order for the mileage to count? If I add those Iowa orders to this sad party and ship those 2 orders directly to Iowa does that work out tax wise? How does it work?

Tax-wise, if you are claiming mileage the assumption would be that is where the show is or the host lives...

Then, everything local would be considered "outside orders" and then shipped locally...you would pay more for direct shipping on those if they are combined on the same show.

Tax-wise, if you are claiming mileage the assumption would be that is where the show is or the host lives...

Then, everything local would be considered "outside orders" and then shipped locally...you would pay more for direct shipping on those if they are combined on the same show.

Oops, wait...technically this is a catalog show so you have no "outside orders".

Currently I have a $172 show that went in at the beginning of July. Then I have these 2 almost shows with that Iowa travel complication.
Cathy--about your suggestion--What about the customers waiting for their orders if I continue it through the end of the month?

I'd give it a few more days at least, maybe even another week. Lots of companies shipping times take 2-3 weeks, so usually customers don't even realize that the show went in "late". If it gets down to the end of the month and you still need help, call me.

I e-mailed a good customer who is a friend of my hostess and told her about the discontinueds and her friend's party. She may call with an order. Also, I left a voice mail for my hostess requesting all the e-mail addresses of the customers who have already ordered. I will send them the discontinued flyer too and see if they want to add to their order. Honestly, sometimes I wonder who's party some of these are. I also told my hostess we are going to hold it open for now because we might be able to pull this party up and get her some of the items on her wish list.

I know - I hate when it's more work for you than for the hostess!! UGH! I have a girl who put in a catalog show this month for me - I only have one other one this month (2 others rescheduled), and I told her that I'd get the 8" saute pan for her at 1/2 off since she'd be helping me get it free. I don't think she would have done it otherwise. Sometimes you just do what you gotta do to get back in the swing. I took some time off this summer to "regroup", and now I'm ready to get back into it and get my full schedule back again. In the meantime, it's frustrating, so I know how you feel. Hang in there, and just let the customers know (if they ask) that you're just making sure you get all your customer's orders in on the show to save them on shipping (local orders, that is). That's what I tell them, and they always say "Oh, that's so nice of you!", like I'm the one doing them a favor!

As for the shipping, maybe you can do a co-host type of deal? Not sure. I'm sure something can be figured out!

I got a response this morning from the customer I e-mailed with the discontinued flyer. She put in an order that with her discount comes to about $48.00 in product total. It least the party is over $150. Not great though for me or the hostess. Still I'm encouraged. I think I will send out of bunch of discontinued flyers. Cross your fingers for at least $70 in orders.

Oh, good! I'm glad you got something! Hang in there and my fingers are crossed for you!! :)

Update: This same hostess with the 2 week party has now had a 27 day party. We were supposed to close Wed. morning and finally orders --6 more started coming in. We are at $445 now and wouldn't you know it, the hostess did not do what she said and call between 4 and 5:30--after she got home from work and before I had to leave for evening Vacation Bible School. I got back about 9 p.m. and tried calling her at her cell and her home #-no answer. I left a message and said she could call up till 10:30--nothing. I even told her before I left for VBS (on the messages) that she could send the information I needed by e-mail and I would take care of it. I am only waiting on what she wants FRee, half price and discounted!! These people will never want to order from me again--it takes so long. Furthermore, the last catalog show she had, she waited weeks before getting the products delivered. One of my customers called looking for her products.
It is nice that the party has finally come to life but I think I am getting grey hair. Last night's cooking show was only $311.00 and its my only cooking show of the month. So much work--so little $$$.

First question: Have you been paid for ALL of these orders? If so, call the Host and tell her you need to close it out by (fill in date) at (fill in time) and if you don't hear from her by then you will choose the hostess gifts. That will usually get a call or e-mail back. If you haven't been paid then unfortunately you will still have to wait on her. However, you do really need to try and get all of her guests info so you can be sure to call or e-mail them and apologize for it taking so long but "Sue" was still collecting orders (or something like that). That way the blame is not on you and it's really not blaming her either. It just took a bit longer, etc.
also, maybe you could have the products delivered to you (if you live close to the host) and you could get with each guest to have the products delivered.

chefjwr said:
Update: This same hostess with the 2 week party has now had a 27 day party. We were supposed to close Wed. morning and finally orders --6 more started coming in. We are at $445 now and wouldn't you know it, the hostess did not do what she said and call between 4 and 5:30--after she got home from work and before I had to leave for evening Vacation Bible School. I got back about 9 p.m. and tried calling her at her cell and her home #-no answer. I left a message and said she could call up till 10:30--nothing. I even told her before I left for VBS (on the messages) that she could send the information I needed by e-mail and I would take care of it. I am only waiting on what she wants FRee, half price and discounted!! These people will never want to order from me again--it takes so long. Furthermore, the last catalog show she had, she waited weeks before getting the products delivered. One of my customers called looking for her products.
It is nice that the party has finally come to life but I think I am getting grey hair. Last night's cooking show was only $311.00 and its my only cooking show of the month. So much work--so little $$$.

Hi Sharon and all you other great, helpful and empathetic girls--

This party was supposed to close on the 15th-- then the extra orders this week. The arrangement was to close between 4 and 5:30 p.m. yesterday--after she got home from work. I have not heard from her YET!! I have left messages at 2 phone #'s she uses and sent e-mails saying she could leave all her choices by e-mail and I would type it in and take care of it with her credit card. She always uses her credit card. I am only waiting on her choices--payment has been made on all the other orders. She booked off her own party so she can get two hostess specials if she wants. BUT NO CONTACT ALL DAY TODAY! I delayed some of my late morning to early afternoon plans just to get it out of the way for my day. NOthing, no calls, e-mails. I am beginning to be afraid she won't take care of this before the end of the month. Sharon, I may have to do what you have suggested and tell her that I will pick out her items. I'm a little iffy about how to handle the 1/2 price and hostess specials since she has not authorized my charging those items on her card. This is driving me CRAZY! I can't imagine what the delay is. I remember this same problem when she said she would have her original show and then NO CONTACT to arrange dropping off her hostess pack. Serveral rounds of this until finally a mutual friend dropped off her pack and eventually she answered when I called using her cell #. I don't understand it--she seems to want to have the parties. She also doesn't deliver the products to the guests for weeks. I am planning to contact each to tell them when the order ships.
Does this happen a lot to you? I set up specific times for our over the phone meeting twice and that didn't work. I hate to start getting mean about it.

I've honestly never had specific times to talk to someone on the phone work well -- around here it seems that something ALWAYS comes up with my hosts so they can never talk when I call them -- but I do keep in touch with all of them that have email through email. I actually closed a show at 2 am this morning because the host responded to my email (neither of us could talk due to sleeping households, but she gave me her items and I had a few questions/comments and then she responded so I could close it (well, I'm waiting on a check to arrive in the mail, but I do trust her when she said she would mail it this morning).

I'd ask if your host has an email address -- I know that for me personally when I host shows for other consultants, they always seem to hit me at just the wrong time to chat (yet somehow my customers never do, go figure!). I'm not avoiding them, it's a bad timing thing. I'd MUCH, MUCH, MUCH rather get the information via email than over the phone. Not everyone is like me, but if you are having phone issues, perhaps email might work better for you.

I have offered by phone and e-mail to close and take care of it, if she would just e-mail me her choices. She has not responded all day after missing the closing day yesterday. I have called and e-mail her today as well-again offering to handle it by e-mail if she was busy. I was thinking like you-- that it would be more convenient for both of us.

I hope you do hear from her -- but stay positive, it could be that she had a very busy weekend planned and will have to do it on Monday. Or she could have had an emergency come up last night and you, unfortunately weren't on the top of her response list.

I was in the middle of doing a PC catalog show (as a host) two and a half years ago when my mom had her stroke. (She's fine with just some residual weakness. It took months of physical therapy since she was initially paralyzed on the left side, but she DID dance at my wedding, which was her goal) I have to say, the PC party was the absolute LAST thing on my mind. We ended up closing it three weeks later than I'd planned to. I was lucky, my consultant was also my roommate and she personally knew everyone who had placed an order (most of whom did know about my mom pretty quickly through the prayer requests email) so no one was upset about the delay in the order.

After experiencing that and knowing how close I came to ending my relationship with my husband before it even started (his Dad died Christmas Eve and we'd only been dating a few weeks and long distance. I was super hurt that he didn't even call to tell me Merry Christmas and almost left a snotty message on his machine about not hearing from him -- luckily I didn't, because we would never have had another date if I had) because I didn't know what was going on with him -- all I knew was that he was supposed to call and didn't. I really try and give people a lot of benefit of the doubt -- there may be a really good reason she hasn't called you or returned your emails yet.

I know it's frustrating for you (especially not knowing what's going on), but I'd give her a couple of days and then try and reach her again. You don't want to be a call she's trying to avoid :)

Finally got the hostess on the phone this afternoon. She is ordering nothing beyond her free and half price --still its $448.05; better than $140. I had just left her a message kindly telling her we needed to close and saying I would be glad to pick some produts for her (for the Free reward) that she would like. I hung up and she called back in less than 5 min. So the saga of the longest running party ends.

Julie, glad to hear it's over... at least you make a good chunk of commission now!

Thanks Laura for the advice.

Thanks Alison. It does help. I wonder if I should e-mail the guests and give them a heads up about the submission date.?

hmmm... it would make for good customer service... probably not a bad idea, then the frusteration at how long it took is off of you and pc...

This girl also delivers slow--I had a customer call me after the hostess had the order for 3weeks--she was wondering where her products were. Seems like a call when the party order comes in to the hostess may be in order for the hostess and the customers.

Also, this is probably not a good idea. Have you ever had a catalog show that you considered filing as a cooking show and then ordering something for yourself with that extra $15. Is that frustration talk or a great idea. Can the hostess tell? Am I just tired and want to get compensated for all this worry and work?

chefjwr said:
Also, this is probably not a good idea. Have you ever had a catalog show that you considered filing as a cooking show and then ordering something for yourself with that extra $15. Is that frustration talk or a great idea. Can the hostess tell? Am I just tired and want to get compensated for all this worry and work?
Unless you pay to have the item direct-shipped to you, the host will be able to tell. And it's also against policy to submit a catalog show as a cooking show.

If you aren't in the habit of making customer care calls, I suggest you start with this show. Call all the guests a week after the show is delivered to the host and ask them how they like their products. If they haven't received them, they'll call the host. She'll probably take their "where's my stuff?" calls better than a call from you reminding her to deliver things.

Thanks Ann

Hi Julie,

We should really get together! I actually have a consultant of mine that lives in Allen. That would be so cool to meet!

Anyway, what I would say is something like this, "Hi Sue, I know you have been really busy and so am I, and am just trying to wrap up all of my shows as it is the end of the month. I have been unable to reach you but need to get your show closed out by 9:00pm Tuesday evening. If I don't hear from you I will assume you are ready to close your show out and I will need to choose the hostess gifts for you. I do hope we can connect as you have earned the awesome 60% hostess special and 2 (or whatever) half price items as well, along with $90 FREE. It is really something you would not want to miss out on since you worked so hard. I do hope to hear from you. You can reach me at xxx-xxx-xxxx and my e-mail [email protected]. Sincerely, Your Consultant"

Maybe something along those lines. I would wait to send it out mid afternoon so she at least has one more chance to contact you. I wouldn't choose any host specials for her or half price items. Just leave those out. You can choose the free stuff. Believe me, this happens to EVERYONE! I have been overly frustrated today with several of my hosts. My biggest pet peeve is when someone says they are going to do something they better darn well do it!!!!! Ok, off my hight horse. (for now)
You can also leave her the same exact message on her voicemail as well and see what happens then. Good Luck and let me know how it turns out.

chefjwr said:
Hi Sharon and all you other great, helpful and empathetic girls--

This party was supposed to close on the 15th-- then the extra orders this week. The arrangement was to close between 4 and 5:30 p.m. yesterday--after she got home from work. I have not heard from her YET!! I have left messages at 2 phone #'s she uses and sent e-mails saying she could leave all her choices by e-mail and I would type it in and take care of it with her credit card. She always uses her credit card. I am only waiting on her choices--payment has been made on all the other orders. She booked off her own party so she can get two hostess specials if she wants. BUT NO CONTACT ALL DAY TODAY! I delayed some of my late morning to early afternoon plans just to get it out of the way for my day. NOthing, no calls, e-mails. I am beginning to be afraid she won't take care of this before the end of the month. Sharon, I may have to do what you have suggested and tell her that I will pick out her items. I'm a little iffy about how to handle the 1/2 price and hostess specials since she has not authorized my charging those items on her card. This is driving me CRAZY! I can't imagine what the delay is. I remember this same problem when she said she would have her original show and then NO CONTACT to arrange dropping off her hostess pack. Serveral rounds of this until finally a mutual friend dropped off her pack and eventually she answered when I called using her cell #. I don't understand it--she seems to want to have the parties. She also doesn't deliver the products to the guests for weeks. I am planning to contact each to tell them when the order ships.
Does this happen a lot to you? I set up specific times for our over the phone meeting twice and that didn't work. I hate to start getting mean about it.

Hi Sharon. Where do you live in Ft. Worth? Who is your Allen consultant? I lived in Everman from age 10 to 18.

I finally closed today at $484.35. I worked hard for it. Of course, I am no where near $3000. I just don't know how people book that many shows. I will have 4 parties for this month coming to about $1100 total.

That was weird. I spent a lot of time writing that previous message to you but evidently didn't skip to the next page where you had already closed your show. UGH! Oh Well, At least you got it closed. See what I mean though about telling your host you will pick her free stuff? It got to her I think. Not to be mean or sneaky but sometimes (a lot of times) we are the last thing people think about and they don't think of what we are doing as being our job! Frustrating. Maybe I need to start or restart a venting page. LOL!

I live in North Fort Worth, kinda close to Keller/Watauga if that helps any. My Allen consultant you probably don't know because she is not real active. Her name in Sandra (Sandy) Perchalla.

Sharon

chefjwr said:
Hi Sharon. Where do you live in Ft. Worth? Who is your Allen consultant? I lived in Everman from age 10 to 18.

I finally closed today at $484.35. I worked hard for it. Of course, I am no where near $3000. I just don't know how people book that many shows. I will have 4 parties for this month coming to about $1100 total.

Related to Uggh. My Hostess Has $140 After 2 Weeks

1. How can I help my hostess reach her goal of $140 in sales?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can offer your hostess tips and advice on how to boost her sales. This can include reaching out to more potential customers, utilizing social media for promotions, and offering incentives for larger orders.

2. What happens if my hostess doesn't reach $140 in sales after 2 weeks?

If your hostess does not reach her goal of $140 in sales after 2 weeks, she will not be able to redeem the hostess rewards for that specific party. However, she can still continue to place orders and earn rewards for future parties.

3. Can I as the consultant make up the difference if my hostess falls short of $140?

Unfortunately, as a consultant, you are not able to make up the difference for your hostess. The $140 sales goal is set by Pampered Chef and cannot be changed.

4. How can I support my hostess if she is feeling discouraged about her sales?

As a consultant, you can offer your hostess encouragement and support during her party. You can also suggest different strategies for boosting sales and remind her that every order, no matter the size, helps her reach her goal.

5. Can my hostess extend the 2-week time frame for her party?

No, the 2-week time frame for a Pampered Chef party cannot be extended. This is to ensure that orders are processed in a timely manner and that hostess rewards are redeemed promptly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookn' katie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies