• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hostess Has Other Vendor After My Show

In summary, the jewelry lady is showing her inventory at 40% off, but the guest whose daughter used to sell jewelry is showing the rest of her inventory at the same time. The guest asked if that was OK, and the jewelry lady said yes.
MGG
Well I'm new and have a hostess that used to be a consultant herself, she's been nice so far and knows I am new. She just emailed me to let me know that after my presentation a woman whose daughter used to sell jewelry is showing the rest of her inventory at 40% off. She said that her guest asked if that was OK and she said yes. She's just letting me know that it will be after my presentation. I don't even know how to react. Should I even say anything? My only concern is that the guest will have less money to spend on PC products. Has anyone ever had this happen? What do I do during the other presentation? Any ideas? I only have 2 dec shows so i do not want to irritate her or cause her to cancel. Advise PLEASE!
M

Well look at it this way, if you say anything and the host gets upset, she may cancel you, and then you would make zippo. Yes, people only have so much to spend, but what can you do. Make your presentation engaging and make sure you connect with each guests as they arrive.

As far as what to do during the other presentation.. be gracious. People are just trying to make a living. At least the guest asked before hand. Besides, maybe you can book a show with her!

Whenever I have a host who wants to do a joint show, I always do as she wants, but I also caution her to be prepared if she doesn't end up with as many PC host benefits as she thought. I nicely point out to her that if a guest has a certain budget in mind the night of her show and she wants to purchase things from both companies, she likely won't have as high a PC show. I do point out that sometimes I'm totally off base. For example, I had someone doing a joint show with purses and she had a $1000 PC show and sold lots of purses too, so I suppose you never know.

Since the jewelry person no longer sells, I assume she won't be getting any host benefits from the jewelry sales, right? That's sort of a bummer for her. Maybe point this out too that her rewards with PC will probably be much better, unless that ex-consultant is planning on giving her some free jewelry. So, maybe just point out that although you're happy to do the show however she'd like, you just wanted to make her aware of the things you were thinking about. Who knows, maybe she'll change her mind once she sees it that way. But, if not, still go for it and hope that everyone wants to buy PC! Good luck!:)

I'm doing one of these this weekend--me first then purses or jewelry-cant remember. I figure what the heck, as long as i'm first, then I really dont care. If the party and people are great, I might hang out and look myself. If it was a real bummer, I'm outta there! Either way it gets me out and in front of other people. (and right now away from my kids is a good thing, I have such a headache from them tonight!!)

I say, go for it, but be prepared for both ranges, good and bad!

I agree with the others! It could be worse, and if you complain you'll get nothing! Just make sure you go balls to the walls and show lots of gift ideas. The small batter bowl mixes always go over well!!

Make your show short and sweet so you can get their money before the jewlery lady does! :eek:

Related to Hostess Has Other Vendor After My Show

What happens if another vendor is booked for my hostess's party?

If another vendor is booked for your hostess's party, you have the option to reschedule the party for a different date or to do a joint party with the other vendor.

Do I still earn rewards if there is another vendor at the party?

Yes, you will still earn rewards based on the total sales from the party, even if there is another vendor present.

Will the other vendor's products be competing with Pampered Chef products?

No, as a consultant, you have the option to choose which products you want to showcase at the party. You can work with the other vendor to ensure there is no overlap in products.

Can I still demo Pampered Chef products at the party if there is another vendor present?

Yes, you can still demo Pampered Chef products at the party. It is important to communicate with the other vendor beforehand to coordinate the flow of the party and avoid any confusion.

How can I make the most out of a joint party with another vendor?

To make the most out of a joint party, it is important to communicate and collaborate with the other vendor. You can offer package deals or cross-promote each other's products to increase sales for both parties. It is also a great opportunity to network and potentially gain new customers from the other vendor's network.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • simms148
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies