• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hostess Nightmare: Dealing with Unreturned Calls

In summary, the hostess failed to properly communicate with the customer and never delivered the orders.
Chef_2_Four
I had a show almost 2 weeks ago. I called the hostess yesterday, she was supposed to be getting more orders. anyway she said oh becky gave me her's but she is in the bathroom I will call you back in a minute. well she never called this was at 330pm. so I call about 7 and left a message. i called her today and left a message still no call back. so I call becky who is her mom, at 730pm and she said i'm still at work let me call you back. here it is at 930 and still no call back. i got her an order at work and now she wont' return my calls. how much longer do I need to keep trying to call her!!! it is so annoying!! i dispise calling hostess and they never call back!! grrr!! anyway I will call tomorrow and tell her flat out if she doesn't call me back then I will submit orders as individual orders and pay difference for shipping or add them to another show that I have closing this week. what do you guys think?

That sucks April. Why do people do that. It is nuts that people feel they have to do that to begin with. I ahd the same thing happened to me. My host was a consultant with Home & Garden, so my last message was something like- I am sorry to have bothered you so many times, you seemed to have wanted this show. As a consultant you must understand the time and energy I have put towards trying to make this successful...... - she got it and told me she did not have any outside orders nor anyone interested interested in attending. ( We were trying to do a show then switched to a catalog show) . I would take the orders and add it to another show and explain to the host that her friends are expecting their products and you don't want to hold them up, and you don't want them to have pay the extra shipping costs. Saying your in the bathroom and not return the call is the craziest excuse. Good luck.
Jane

I'm going through this too.... It's so frustrating... I called her Tuesday to close and she said she had no more orders (barely totals $100 according to her) and that she'd have to call me back today (thurs) to give them to me even though she was at home! I really hope I get them from her today cause I have a host who really worked hard who had 4 people back out of ordering anything. She could really use the sales!

LBurke said:
I'm going through this too.... It's so frustrating... I called her Tuesday to close and she said she had no more orders (barely totals $100 according to her) and that she'd have to call me back today (thurs) to give them to me even though she was at home! I really hope I get them from her today cause I have a host who really worked hard who had 4 people back out of ordering anything. She could really use the sales!

Remember you can make them co-hosts so they both get the 10% host discount for a year. Good luck closting the show.

Chef_2_Four said:
I had a show almost 2 weeks ago. I called the hostess yesterday, she was supposed to be getting more orders. anyway she said oh becky gave me her's but she is in the bathroom I will call you back in a minute. well she never called this was at 330pm. so I call about 7 and left a message. i called her today and left a message still no call back. so I call becky who is her mom, at 730pm and she said i'm still at work let me call you back. here it is at 930 and still no call back. i got her an order at work and now she wont' return my calls. how much longer do I need to keep trying to call her!!! it is so annoying!! i dispise calling hostess and they never call back!! grrr!! anyway I will call tomorrow and tell her flat out if she doesn't call me back then I will submit orders as individual orders and pay difference for shipping or add them to another show that I have closing this week. what do you guys think?
I would not pay the shipping difference in this kind of case. I would add the orders to someone else's show (local to you) and either have the show shipped to you or give the host something extra for the trouble (hopefully those orders will also raise her show total and she'll get more free from PC).

Of course I would give that host one last chance to get back to you - "I will wait to hear from you until xx oclock tomorrow and then I will put the orders that I have on another show so your guests can get their items." I would preface that with "I hope everything is okay with you and you don't have some family emergency that I am not aware of but..."

updateI did talk to her and she only got a $30 order. So her total sales are around a $100. I may have an order I can add to her show but I won't know for a day or so. Good thing it doesn't have to be submitted by a certain time!! anyway thanks ladies!!

1. How long should I wait before following up with a hostess who hasn't returned my calls?

It's important to give your hostess some time to respond before following up. We recommend waiting about 3-5 business days before reaching out again. This gives your hostess enough time to check her messages and get back to you.

2. What should I do if my hostess still hasn't returned my calls after multiple attempts?

If your hostess continues to not respond after multiple attempts, it may be best to move on to other potential hosts. You can also try reaching out through other communication methods, such as email or social media, to see if your hostess is more responsive through those channels.

3. Should I leave multiple voicemails for my hostess?

It's generally not recommended to leave multiple voicemails for a hostess who hasn't returned your calls. This can come across as pushy and may turn off potential hosts. Instead, try reaching out through other communication methods or wait a few more days before following up again.

4. What if my hostess initially showed interest but is now not responding?

If your hostess initially showed interest in hosting a party but is now not responding, it's possible that she may have changed her mind or had a change in circumstances. In this case, it's best to move on and focus on other potential hosts.

5. How can I avoid dealing with unreturned calls from hostesses?

The best way to avoid dealing with unreturned calls is to set expectations with your hostess from the beginning. Clearly communicate the importance of timely responses and ask for alternative contact methods if needed. You can also try following up with a text message or email after leaving a voicemail to increase the chances of a response.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • melaniepc