• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thursday Night Show: Exciting Hostess and Overdue Patient Story!

In summary, the hostess is a Duhla and one of her patients is two weeks overdue. She is still looking forward to the incentive, and is still working on the show. The patient's mother will be there, and the show will go on as planned.
mrssyvo
could be very interesting. My hostess is a Duhla(sp) and one of her patients is 2 weeks overdue. We knew this was a chance whn we booked, but she was so excited about the incentive that she wanted to get in this week. I just finished my 3rd hostess call with her, and the show is still on- Her Mom will be there, and we will go on as planned.

Doula is the correct spelling.Have fun!

Well, keep the microfiber towels handy!

Janet, you are so funny!!! I do not think the mom-to-be will be there. I am doing the chicken fajitas in the deep covered baker, and salsa, and guac. I have never done it, but I am pretty good at winging it- We will do it hands one, so should be pretty easy.

Aw shucks, I was going to design an ob-kit for you...Twix-it clips for the umbilical cord
Microfiber towels for the fluids
Rectangular chillzanne insert to keep Mom cool and comfortable
Party sticks to hold the drink you'll need!
BBQ tongs to help if the head is stuck.
BBQ mitt to help keep fluids off some.
Apron to catch - those babies are slippery suckers.
Clock/Timer for contractions, time of birth, etc.
Large Stainless Bowl to hold the afterbirth.
Quik-stir pitcher to mix formula if baby is bottle feeding.
Baster for suction
Striped towels to make a first blanket.

janetupnorth said:
Aw shucks, I was going to design an ob-kit for you...

Twix-it clips for the umbilical cord
Baster for suction

Oh my gosh! You are so funny! I have to keep this for any preg. hosts I have in the future!!! She has to share this on Thursday w/the guests!!!

janetupnorth said:

Baster for suction

I don't think I will ever look at these products the same again. :eek:

janetupnorth said:

Baster for suction

Wow, you have too much time on your hands!

mrssyvo said:
Janet, you are so funny!!! I do not think the mom-to-be will be there. I am doing the chicken fajitas in the deep covered baker, and salsa, and guac. I have never done it, but I am pretty good at winging it- We will do it hands one, so should be pretty easy.

Sue, that's what I did tonight. The handout from Marie, right?

I've made it at two shows so far and everyone LOVES it. My only tip is to make sure you flatten the chicken pretty well. My gal tonight didn't do so well and it took longer to cook.

Janet, that was too funny!!! Hmmm, I see Kasey hasn't been in here yet; I'm sure she'll have something to add to it.

I don't think I'd be able to use that SS Bowl again after the purpose you gave it!

You forgot the Kitchen Shears for cutting the umbilical cord!

Sarah

janetupnorth said:

Baster for suction

This is actually a tip that I use at my shows for the Clock/Timer....I DID use it for my contractions when I was pregnant!:D:p

Janet, Thank you for my monolog for tomorrow night. It will be so funny, in fact, I think I will have the hostess read them while I hold up the product (or the mother, if that is the case)

Deb, I am glad to hear the recipe is a good one, and I will make sure the chicken is pounded down. Good reason to take the meat tenderizer with me.

mrssyvo said:
Janet, Thank you for my monolog for tomorrow night. It will be so funny, in fact, I think I will have the hostess read them while I hold up the product (or the mother, if that is the case)

Deb, I am glad to hear the recipe is a good one, and I will make sure the chicken is pounded down. Good reason to take the meat tenderizer with me.

When I do Chicken Fajitas in the DCB, I make the chicken into strips before putting them in - give gloves to a couple people, and let them use forged cutlery to slice it into strips.....it always sells knives when I do this - and it could get you some bookings for August!

Becky, Great idea. Do you use more than 3 chicken breasts?

pampchefsarah said:
Janet, that was too funny!!! Hmmm, I see Kasey hasn't been in here yet; I'm sure she'll have something to add to it.

I don't think I'd be able to use that SS Bowl again after the purpose you gave it!

You forgot the Kitchen Shears for cutting the umbilical cord!

Sarah

Oh yeah, I was thinking about that then over-analyzing because if delivered outside of the hospital and you are an EMT instead of a Doula, you often clamp the cord off but don't cut it right away.

But, let's add them on! ;)

wadesgirl said:
Wow, you have too much time on your hands!

Nope, not at all, just in a silly mood...it wasn't Monday anymore so I was feeling creative. (Kacey would know about that one. ;) )

mrssyvo said:
Becky, Great idea. Do you use more than 3 chicken breasts?

Sue - I have the host get 4...they seem to vary greatly in size, so we use enough to completely cover the veggies in the DCB. If you do more than one layer, it will take longer for them to cook. Slicing also helps the cook time to go faster. Usually about 12 minutes.

ChefBeckyD said:
When I do Chicken Fajitas in the DCB, I make the chicken into strips before putting them in - give gloves to a couple people, and let them use forged cutlery to slice it into strips.....it always sells knives when I do this - and it could get you some bookings for August!

This show has lots of opportunity to use the knives--peppers, tomatoes, chicken. I cook the chicken first, showing them that they could cook the whole breasts for a dinner other than fajitas, and then we slice them AFTER they are cooked--no need to handle raw meat!

DebbieJ said:
This show has lots of opportunity to use the knives--peppers, tomatoes, chicken. I cook the chicken first, showing them that they could cook the whole breasts for a dinner other than fajitas, and then we slice them AFTER they are cooked--no need to handle raw meat!

I was just sharing that tip because it makes the fajitas cook faster, and more evenly....less time in the microwave. It was in response to a previous post.

I do the Salad Chopper salsa - so don't use a knife for tomatoes....and I do also use a knife for the peppers....but like to get the knife usage in there as much as possible. I have found that the knives are one of the products that sell best when people can actually use them and see the difference in how they work - so when I do an Interactive Show, I try to have as many people as possible use the knives.

janetupnorth said:
aw Shucks, I Was Going To Design An Ob-kit For You...

Twix-it Clips For The Umbilical Cord
Microfiber Towels For The Fluids
Rectangular Chillzanne Insert To Keep Mom Cool And Comfortable
Party Sticks To Hold The Drink You'll Need!
Bbq Tongs To Help If The Head Is Stuck.
Bbq Mitt To Help Keep Fluids Off Some.
Apron To Catch - Those Babies Are Slippery Suckers.
Clock/timer For Contractions, Time Of Birth, Etc.
Large Stainless Bowl To Hold The Afterbirth.
Quik-stir Pitcher To Mix Formula If Baby Is Bottle Feeding.
Baster For Suction
Striped Towels To Make A First Blanket.

Too Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
I have found that the knives are one of the products that sell best when people can actually use them and see the difference in how they work - so when I do an Interactive Show, I try to have as many people as possible use the knives.

So true! At my show on Friday, the immediate past host booked an August catalog show so that she can get the knives as the host special! She used them to slice the peppers and loved them so much that she has to have them! And she just had a show with me in May! :D:D:D

DebbieJ said:
So true! At my show on Friday, the immediate past host booked an August catalog show so that she can get the knives as the host special! She used them to slice the peppers and loved them so much that she has to have them! And she just had a show with me in May! :D:D:D

Yep! I used the bejeebers out of my knives last night during the demo.....and FINALLY got 2 bookings for August. I was getting concerned about my month...but I'm now up to 6 shows, and a catalog show...with a couple calls to make today.

janetupnorth said:

Baster for suction

I have a friend and customer that is a CNM (certified nurse midwife) and I just sent this list to her! After working in a L&D and having three kids of my own, I can say, yep... all of these would be helpful.

But, I'm not sure I'm ever going to be able to use my large SS bowl without thinking of you and this list.

What time does the Thursday night show start?

The Thursday night show typically starts at 7pm EST.

How long is the Thursday night show?

The Thursday night show usually lasts about an hour.

Do I need to RSVP for the Thursday night show?

No RSVP is required for the Thursday night show. You can simply tune in and enjoy!

Can I purchase products during the Thursday night show?

Yes, you can make purchases during the Thursday night show. Our consultants will provide you with a link to shop.

Can I watch the Thursday night show on a different day?

Yes, the Thursday night show will be recorded and available for replay on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchris
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies