1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Hi everyone,I'm doing a Mystery Hostess Show at my home this

1. ChefLAM

ChefLAM Member

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a Mystery Hostess Show at my home this weekend. I kind of wanted it to have a Halloween flair but I want to showcase the Fall/Winter products. I wanted to have some food/recipes already prepared and maybe do a quick demo in the DCB when everyone first gets there. I've never done one of these before and am not sure how to really run this--do you recommend I do it like a regular party or should I have most everything ready and set out and let people come and look and eat and order. I'm planning to give tickets for RSVPing, ordering, booking a show, bringing a friend, signing up! I suppose we'll do the drawing the end for the FREE products and things. Also, which recipes would you recommend that I have set out/already prepared. I thought about doing the whole chicken in the DCB for the demo. If you have any ideas or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!:)

Oct 22, 2009
  2. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Re: Suggestions

Call people. Get confirmed guests coming. I have had 5-6 of these, with at least 3 of them absolute no-shows because I thought an email and a postcard would do my job for me. Call them! Food is less important. When someone shows up, zest a lemon or orange; use the food chopper - here's a 'cranberry salsa' recipe we use for Thanksgiving that is done in a flash, can show a lot of tools.

Attached Files:

Oct 29, 2009
  3. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Re: Suggestions

I agree, attendance is more important. Most people just really like to touch & feel the new products, they don't really have to see them in action to want them.

But ... if you really want to do food ... I've been wanting to try this: Make chocolate cakes in the new 2 cup prep bowls & the rest of the batter in either the small or large batter bowl. When you flip them, use licorice as "spider legs" and the easy accent decorator (if you have it) to put eyes on with icing! LOL You can make a little "spider family" on the rectangle platter if you have it and show it off since it's a November special.

Oct 29, 2009
Have something to add?