• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This Shipping Stuff Is so Confusing.

weird. I've never seen that before, and does that mean that it is going to be shipped before the the one I submitted on Monday?I'm thinking you just missed it. I have a Feb 28th show still simply showing received, but think it had been released before (SO excited) and there is sits. I have a March 1st one I would LOVE to receive today and am very disappointed that it won't get here even tomorrow.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I submitted a show March 2nd - it is still showing as received, I got an email confirmation that it had been received a couple hours after I sent it in. I've checked, and there aren't any declined cards listed.

Last night, I submitted a show, and I've never gotten an email confirmation that it was received. It's status is listed as "released for picking". I've never seen that before, and does that mean that it is going to be shipped before the the one I submitted on Monday?

They've added some new statements in the shipping screens. That just means that there weren't any issues and it's released to the warehouse to pick.

So, does that mean it's in line behind the first one?

I don't remember seeing that status for the one I sent in on the 2nd...but maybe I just missed it?

I'm thinking you just missed it. I have a Feb 28th show still simply showing received, but think it had been released before (SO excited) and there is sits. I have a March 1st one I would LOVE to receive today and am very disappointed that it won't get here even tomorrow. I've been watching as it's taking DAYS in between my shows to ship even though I submitted them just a day apart.:grumpy:

I was in that same boat. I submitted two shows on Feb. 28 and they said "RECEIVED" for days and days until yesterday. Holy cow! I told people they would get their products in a week. I put my foot in my mouth on this one. I feel so stupid!

The shows I submitted on the 28th are due to be delivered to the hosts by tomorrow...you might want to check again...

I tell my hosts/guests that shows can take up to two weeks to be delivered but that in the middle of the month they can take less than a week (it's a line I use to get early in the month bookings). I also state that it is all dependent on how many others submit shows at the same time.

ChefBeckyD said:
So, does that mean it's in line behind the first one?

I don't remember seeing that status for the one I sent in on the 2nd...but maybe I just missed it?

I would bet the first one will ship first since it's earlier in the system.

I have received an email saying a show has just been shipped on the same day that the host gets it. Seems the system is backed up right now and our status isn't actually up to date. I'm hoping they figure this out soon. I like really knowing where things are. I've also received the email that something has been shipped and then when I try to track it, FedEx says that it hasn't been picked up yet. So it can go either way.

The reason we sometime get e-mails saying shipped w/ a tracking # but FedEx doesn't have anything is that a tracking # is generated when PC prints the label, triggering their system to e-mail us... but FedEx picks up once a day, late in the day, so until fedex has scanned the package they don't know they have it in their possession. Depending on the # of packages FedEx has been known to not scan it in until they get back to the shipping center. It all depends on the driver.

FedEx air scans packages at pickup, FedEx ground scans at the first hub. Doesn't depend on the driver, depends on the service.It shows up in FedEx system when the company transmits their data to FedEx and/or at the first scan.PC sents e-mails to us after it show shipped in their system or transmitted to FedEx, not at label generation time since label generation occurs before and just puts a hold on the number in the shipping system.

Keep in mind also that shows turned in at the end of the month sometimes take a little longer to ship out because HO gets a lot of shows turned in at that time. Always tell your hosts 7-10 business days. Then when it comes sooner, they're just happy!

Just to clarify - my concerns had nothing to do with Fed-Ex, or the speed of shipping, etc...I understand all of that, and I understand shows taking longer at the end of the month.

I was wondering why I got an email confirmation for the first, but not the second show, and why the second show was showing "released for picking" while the first show was just "received".

Beth gave me the answer to the 2nd question, but I'm still not sure why I never got an email confirmation for the show I submitted on the 5th.

That's all.

chefsteph07 said:
The shows I submitted on the 28th are due to be delivered to the hosts by tomorrow...you might want to check again...

I wish that happened to me but it didn't. Very unfair, in my opinion. They are not delivering those shows until the middle of next week. It shouldn't take a week and a half to get the products.

ChefBeckyD said:
Just to clarify - my concerns had nothing to do with Fed-Ex, or the speed of shipping, etc...I understand all of that, and I understand shows taking longer at the end of the month.

I was wondering why I got an email confirmation for the first, but not the second show, and why the second show was showing "released for picking" while the first show was just "received".

Beth gave me the answer to the 2nd question, but I'm still not sure why I never got an email confirmation for the show I submitted on the 5th.

That's all.

I also have this issue too. Is this all due to the new system?

DessertDivaFL said:
I wish that happened to me but it didn't. Very unfair, in my opinion. They are not delivering those shows until the middle of next week. It shouldn't take a week and a half to get the products.

It quite often does when you submit on the last day of the month - that is nothing unusual. PC has told us before that something like 90% off all shows are submitted on the last 2 days of the month. It's going to take longer when there is that big of an influx.

I use it as a tool to get my hosts to close earlier - I tell them it could be the difference of 4 days to receive their products or 2 weeks, just by closing a day or two earlier. It usually gets them to close earlier!:D

DessertDivaFL said:
I also have this issue too. Is this all due to the new system?

I guess so - it was just confusing me...:balloon:

ChefBeckyD said:
I guess so - it was just confusing me...:balloon:

I've had that before too Becky. I've noticed that if the HOST didn't give me an e-mail address, I wouldn't get the notification either. But if the Host had a listed e-mail, I'd get the notification.

Check that once and see if it is the case.

I always tell guests that it can take up to 2 weeks After we close the show for it to be received by the host. That way if there is a delay I'm covered. It DOES take a week to be delivered to CA so I can't complain about anything. :)

I always forget that it takes a few more days of processing at the end of the month vs the middle.

DessertDivaFL said:
The policy is that HO has 10 business days after submission to ship the order and have it still be considered on time. That's pretty typical of mail order and catalog shopping. We're all spoiled by companies that consistently ship within 2 days of receipt of orders.

I encourage closing a few days early too, but it didn't seem to make a big difference this month. I usually don't have an issue. I just REALLY wanted the order from March 1st to arrive for my host. They were SO excited and were hoping to have it for a gift tomorrow. OF COURSE, I told them that it's only possible, not probable that is would arrive in time. Just hopeful :).

I ordered from Merrill on Monday and received my order Thursday. Wow! Now that's service!

1. What shipping options do you offer?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of shipping options to fit your needs. These include standard ground shipping, expedited shipping, and express shipping. We also offer free shipping on orders over $99.

2. How long does shipping typically take?

The shipping time varies depending on the shipping method you choose and your location. Standard ground shipping usually takes 3-5 business days, while expedited and express shipping can arrive within 1-2 business days.

3. Do you offer international shipping?

Unfortunately, we do not currently offer international shipping. We only ship within the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska.

4. How can I track my order?

Once your order has been shipped, you will receive a tracking number via email. You can use this tracking number to track your order on our website or through the shipping carrier's website.

5. What is your return policy for items damaged during shipping?

If your items arrive damaged during shipping, please contact our customer service team within 30 days of receiving your order. We will work with you to provide a replacement or issue a refund for the damaged items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jmioni
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • NooraK