• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Things That Make You Go Ewwwwww!!!!

In summary, the conversation covers various gross and disgusting things, such as hair in the tub drain, lima beans, spiders, B.O., the smell of skunks, catching someone picking their nose, road pizza, anchovies, gunk stuck to a car, kids refusing to eat broccoli, people kissing their pets on the mouth, halitosis, sticky floors, people picking their teeth, dog poop tracked through the house, cleaning hairballs, snakes, dirty garbage bins, grease traps, plugged toilets, cat food, dirty toilets, snaking a drain, gross things said by an 11-year-old, backed up toilets, body odor, people blowing their nose at the dinner table or in the shower, clipping toenails in
chefkristin
Gold Member
:yuck:

Hair in the tub drain

Lima Beans

Spiders

B.O.

Smell of Skunks!

Not necessarily in that order.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Not necessarily in that order.
Exactly! :yuck: :yuck:

Catching someone picking their nose in their car (like we can't see them!) :yuck:

Road Pizza

Anchovies

The gunk that was stuck to my car floor and seats that took me 2 hours to clean off this past weekend (2 boys, ages 8 & 5 - need I say more?!). :cry:

Q: What's the difference between boogers and broccoli?A: You can't get kids to eat broccoli.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Q: What's the difference between boogers and broccoli?

A: You can't get kids to eat broccoli.
Funny you should bring that up. We are having that issue with our 5 year old.
EEWWW!!!! How do I get him to stop??

chefkristin said:
Funny you should bring that up. We are having that issue with our 5 year old.
EEWWW!!!! How do I get him to stop??
Why would you want him to stop eating broccoli?

Last edited:
People kissing their pets on the mouth:yuck: :yuck: :eek:

Halitosis

Walking on a floor that your shoes stick to.

seeing people pick their teeth and eat it too! :yuck: And the 2 worse thing for me lately was my son tracked dog poop all through the house, on my brand new carpeted stairs!:cry: :cry: I was not a happy camper, cleaning that for an hour!:mad: :yuck: And on the very same day, I opened the back door and started to go out back and looked down and almost threw up! My cat had just left the MOST DISGUSTING hair ball, I've ever seen and he did it right on my back door slider's tracks!!:cry: :yuck: :eek: :yuck:

Snakes...they don't make me go ewww, however, they make me scream and run!!

Dirty garbage bins

Grease traps (as anyone who works in a food service establishment)

A plugged toilet...just wait until those little boys get bigger. And it doesn't get plugged with anything that doesn't come out of the human body, either!

Cat food...love my cat but how can they eat that?!?!:yuck:

Dirty toilets

Snaking a drain

Some of the things (ideas not physical things) that come out of my 11 yo son's mouth. LOL.. Backed up toilets or toilets that threaten to back up (I hate my toilet... I really really hate it... and want a new one desperately!!)My son's armpits when he's not put on deodorant and his feet any time.

People that blow their nose at the dinner table (especially at restaraunts) YUCK!

People that blow their nose in the shower, or worse yet, pee in the shower. Ewwww...

pchefkristin said:
People that blow their nose at the dinner table (especially at restaraunts) YUCK!People that blow their nose in the shower, or worse yet, pee in the shower. Ewwww...
In college - I had a roommate who did this.....EWWWWW! I never wanted to get in the shower after her!:yuck: Also - people who clip their toenails in public......DH has a friend who always spends some time at every car show we attend doing this....and then he will stand up to say hello to someone and shake hands.....EEEWWWW!!!

pchefkristin said:
People that blow their nose at the dinner table (especially at restaraunts) YUCK!

People that blow their nose in the shower, or worse yet, pee in the shower. Ewwww...

Sooo... I suppose 'farmer blows' would be gross too, eh?

For anyone who doesn't know a 'farmer blow' is when you blow your nose outside, out on the ground - it is handy when one doesn't have a tissue... or a properly sized leaf... but it's still gross. It usually involves holding one nostril and letting the other one loose. :yuck:

That's right up there with people who chew tobacco. What a disgusting habit that is.

my DS's stinky feet
hairballs
when my DD tries to get food items out of her braces or expander
the stink bombs my DH lets loose IN BED!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That's right up there with people who chew tobacco. What a disgusting habit that is.

I used to work at a church in SC....and all the guys in the youth group chewed......it was so incredibly disgusting. I used to tell them that if they left their spit cups in the meeting room, I would hunt them down and make them drink it!:yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Sounds gross - but I never had to clean up their nasty spit cups.......I guess they could tell by the tone of my voice that I meant it!:grumpy:

People who spit.....
it is vile and disgusting.

ScabsHad a guy at work that would pick them and them lick the blood:yuck: Had to explain some hygene rules to him. My 10 yr. DS just read as I'm typing this and is gaging:D Guess that a good sign.:D

Bad Breath, hair in the tub

When you are using a public toilet (that's an EWWWW all on it's own) and for some reason the person who used it before you didn't flush. What's with that!!!!

kids who wipe their noses on themselfs, I work in a family daycare and it's so nasty several of the kids are sick with colds. It seems all I have been doing is wiping noses and washing my hands lately.

so much back hair that it meets the hair on the back of a guys neck

lkprescott said:
Some of the things (ideas not physical things) that come out of my 11 yo son's mouth. LOL..

Backed up toilets or toilets that threaten to back up (I hate my toilet... I really really hate it... and want a new one desperately!!)

My son's armpits when he's not put on deodorant and his feet any time.

Do we have the same 11yr old?

snakes...I can't even describe just how scard and disgusted I am of snakes!!!! yuck :(

dirty diapers (actually, just about everything associated with children under the age of 2)
seafood
childbirth
people who insist on talking about their medical procedures in detail at the dinner table (my SIL seems to revel in making me green doing this)

chefann said:
dirty diapers (actually, just about everything associated with children under the age of 2)
seafood
childbirth
people who insist on talking about their medical procedures in detail at the dinner table (my SIL seems to revel in making me green doing this)

I did cloth diapers for both my kids... about 3 years each... I've definitely had my fill of dirty diapers. LOL...

As for childbirth, I'm reminded of when I as preparing for DD's arrival. She was to be born at my midwife's as my son was, and he was to be there, with my mom to keep an eye on him/keep him from boredom if labor went long/keep him out of trouble. Well, when we told him (he was just turned 6yo at the time) he could see his sister being born if he felt comfortable, he was totally NOT interested. His response was "no.. I don't want to see any of that blood or guts stuff"... lol... this, from the boy who STILL has trouble finding a tissue when needed and has NO trouble sharing his own ewwws... As it was, DD was a waterbirth so there wasn't anything to see anyway, that ways. I have to say it makes for a very clean 'non-ewww' birth and it feels great... well, as great as you can feel when you're trying to squeeze a melon through a keyhole. LOL...

Childbirth's still an eeeeuuwwww for me, whether it's water birth, c-section, natural - whatever. It's just so disgusting, I don't know how the human race survived as long as it did. I'm eternally grateful that my HS biology teacher didn't feel compelled to show the live birth video that the other teachers showed. I would have lost my lunch in class.

chefann said:
Childbirth's still an eeeeuuwwww for me, whether it's water birth, c-section, natural - whatever. It's just so disgusting, I don't know how the human race survived as long as it did. I'm eternally grateful that my HS biology teacher didn't feel compelled to show the live birth video that the other teachers showed. I would have lost my lunch in class.

Because usually you aren't thinking about childbirth during conception.

raebates said:
That's another thing that belongs on the eeeuuuwww list. (IMO) The fear of childbirth is enough to take all the fun out of it, especially because no form of contraception is 100% effective. (And also because the Catholic church, in which I was raised, teaches that it's supposed to be for procreation only and not fun.)

raebates said:

Exactly! And thanks to 'Mommy brain' in which a new mom loses her mind only to find it later with all memories of birth either softened or lessened to the point of actually wanting to repeat it... we end up sometimes having more than one. LOL... I have to admit with my 2nd I definitely had a "wth was I thinking!?!?" and I made sure it CAN'T happen again. LOL

I think it's similar to tattoo memory loss... wherein the pain of receiving a tattoo is forgotten to the point that you find yourself under the machine again going "owww... how the heck could I have forgotten how much this hurts?!?" LOL... and yet, I have more tattoos than children (and more already planned though I just got my latest on the 10th). LOL...

chefann said:
That's another thing that belongs on the eeeuuuwww list. (IMO) The fear of childbirth is enough to take all the fun out of it, especially because no form of contraception is 100% effective. (And also because the Catholic church, in which I was raised, teaches that it's supposed to be for procreation only and not fun.)

That's a shame, because it really is fun. :angel:

Yes, I find it funny that the Catholic Church is that strict on it...Read Song of Solomon sometime...God intended it for much more than procreation...

janetupnorth said:
Yes, I find it funny that the Catholic Church is that strict on it...

Read Song of Solomon sometime...God intended it for much more than procreation...

True, but I have a confession to make. I don't get excited when The Furry Guy tells me my teeth are like tiny sheep. :p

janetupnorth said:
Yes, I find it funny that the Catholic Church is that strict on it...

Read Song of Solomon sometime...God intended it for much more than procreation...
soooooo true!!!!
It was meant to be good or He wouldn't have made men want it allllll the time!!!:D Not that I'm complaining, :eek: :blushing: :D I'd rather my hubby be trying to get some from me all the time because it means he still is turned on by me and wants me and not someone else! I am happy that he's a home-body!
God meant for us to enjoy it, yes He wants us to have kids but to think that it's not to be fun is crazy! :confused:
It's like saying, eat to stay healthy, but don't enjoy what your eating! Absurd!:confused: :rolleyes:

And bless your soul Ann! I know you can't underdstand the joy but it really is great. Shows why you don't have any bundles of joy! or in your case, bundles of ewwww! I had a friend once who was so anti kid and child birth, but then the "oops" happened and well, she definetely doesn't see the child as an oops anymore, and the exprerience wasn't as gross as she thought it would be!:eek: ;)

Last edited:
I think sometimes too... other folks' kids are much more ewww than your own. LOL... although sometimes, the ones you get are plenty ewww for everyone. LOL

lkprescott said:
I think sometimes too... other folks' kids are much more ewww than your own. LOL... although sometimes, the ones you get are plenty ewww for everyone. LOL

So true! I am not a "kid" person.......but love my own to the moon and back! Even when I am cleaning up a poopy mess (we are "poopy" training!) or wiping a snot nose for the 100,000th time........in fact, gotta go do it again right now!:yuck:

MissChef said:
It was meant to be good or He wouldn't have made men want it allllll the time!!!:D
Lena and Ole were walking through the dairy barn at the Minnesota State Fair and they stopped to admire the blue ribbon bull.

"Lookit dat, Ole," says Lena. "It says here dis bull bred 476 times last year!"

"Yeah, dat's true," Ole replied, "But it wasn't always with the same cow."

raebates said:
True, but I have a confession to make. I don't get excited when The Furry Guy tells me my teeth are like tiny sheep. :p

True, have you seen the Mark Lowry sketch on that one...the song he does????

ROFLOL thinking of it!!!!!

I was thinking more of Proverbs 5:18-19 than Song of Solomon - sorry...

MissChef said:
soooooo true!!!!
It was meant to be good or He wouldn't have made men want it allllll the time!!!:D Not that I'm complaining, :eek: :blushing: :D I'd rather my hubby be trying to get some from me all the time because it means he still is turned on by me and wants me and not someone else! I am happy that he's a home-body!
Actually I heard someone define the male sex drive perfectly a few months ago. Guys are so distracted by everything at times that God gave them a sex drive to MAKE them think of their wives all the time. Otherwise they'd be thinking of cars or games or the next thing on the list to get done at work...Granted there are a few rare few that "multitask" but most jump from one thing to the next to the next and only do "one thing" at a time. Their drive forces them to focus on their wives at times... ...and if the theory holds true...about them not multitasking...just think...chances are they ARE NOT thinking of another woman when in bed with you...they are thinking of YOU!

MissChef said:
soooooo true!!!!
God meant for us to enjoy it, yes He wants us to have kids but to think that it's not to be fun is crazy! :confused:
It's like saying, eat to stay healthy, but don't enjoy what your eating! Absurd!:confused: :rolleyes:
I know I'm in the minority on this one, but sex just seems like a lot of effort with no point and too many risks. And saying it's good just because men want it all the time is specious reasoning. By that same logic, cigarettes are good because some people want them all the time, too.

chefann said:
I know I'm in the minority on this one, but sex just seems like a lot of effort with no point and too many risks. And saying it's good just because men want it all the time is specious reasoning. By that same logic, cigarettes are good because some people want them all the time, too.

I guess I figure sex is the point. :blushing:

chefann said:
Well, if you're the daughter I never had, you must have inherited that trait from the mother I never had. Wait a minute, I don't think that came out quite right.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, if you're the daughter I never had, you must have inherited that trait from the mother I never had. Wait a minute, I don't think that came out quite right.

Yeah, that is WAY too much to know about your mother... :blushing: :rolleyes:

chefann said:
Yikes:eek: , and your married?:eek: :confused: LOL!! And if I'm saying it's good just because men want it all the time, then I'm sorry, because I don't fall too far away from wanting it quite a lot!!! To me it is NOT pointless and doesn't have risks in a normal healthy marriage, (now don't get me wrong, Ann, I'm NOT saying your marriage is not normal or healthy! Yikes! I don't want to have a ruffling of feathers with someone I likes so much!;) ) And your point about ciggarettes is pointless to me, because cigarettes can kill you and sex can't, unless your old and/or out of shape, and then it wasn't the sex that killed you, it was your crappy health or trying to act young with wild sex when you shouldn't be! Now yes, sex can kill if you are talking all the diseases, but then again, if it's a marriage, the way it was created and meant to be then sex won't do that to you.

So, I definetley beg to differ with you, because it is definetley worth the effort, has got a wonderful point of connection, and flat out euphoria:love: , if done right:eek: ;) it is worth the risks, and if someone is that scared of getting pregnant, then get a part or two removed from your felmale zone and then it really is risk free! LOL!:D

Yeah, but that requires a trip to the doctor. Which is another thing on my eeuuuwww list. :yuck:

And I really didn't mean to get this thread way off topic like this. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
I am ROFLOL ..... I'm not sure if in my time on CS if any thread has EVER gone SO far from it's original topic ... and on to such a funny conversation! I have been laughing all the way to the end! I'm on the side of loving sex with my DH but I have friends who think I'm nuts and wish they could live without it... I feel sorry for them and just figure I've got the best right here with me and that must be why I love it so much! :) So I just tell them I feel bad for them but I respect their feelings and I go home and enjoy myself! :) I've now TOTALLY forgotten what this thread was even begun with! :) Thanks for the good laughs!

Well, then, so how 'bout them Packers? Think they can beat the Lions at Ford Field on Thursday?

<h2>What is the best way to remove hair from the tub drain?</h2><p>The best way to remove hair from the tub drain is to use a drain cover or strainer to catch the hair before it goes down the drain. You can also use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar followed by hot water to dissolve any hair build-up.</p><h2>How can I make lima beans more appetizing?</h2><p>Lima beans can be made more appetizing by adding flavorful ingredients such as garlic, onions, and herbs. You can also try cooking them in a tasty broth or adding them to a dish with other flavorful ingredients.</p><h2>What is the best way to get rid of spiders in my home?</h2><p>The best way to get rid of spiders in your home is to keep your home clean and clutter-free to eliminate potential hiding spots for spiders. You can also use natural spider repellents such as peppermint oil or citrus peels to deter them.</p><h2>How can I prevent B.O.?</h2><p>To prevent B.O., make sure to shower daily and use an antibacterial soap. Also, wear breathable clothing made of natural materials, and use an antiperspirant or deodorant to control sweat and odor.</p><h2>What can I do about the smell of skunks?</h2><p>If you or your pet has been sprayed by a skunk, the best way to get rid of the smell is to use a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap. If the smell is just lingering in your yard, you can try using natural repellents such as cayenne pepper or ammonia to deter skunks from coming near your home.</p>

Related to Things That Make You Go Ewwwwww!!!!

What is the best way to remove hair from the tub drain?

The best way to remove hair from the tub drain is to use a drain cover or strainer to catch the hair before it goes down the drain. You can also use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar followed by hot water to dissolve any hair build-up.

How can I make lima beans more appetizing?

Lima beans can be made more appetizing by adding flavorful ingredients such as garlic, onions, and herbs. You can also try cooking them in a tasty broth or adding them to a dish with other flavorful ingredients.

What is the best way to get rid of spiders in my home?

The best way to get rid of spiders in your home is to keep your home clean and clutter-free to eliminate potential hiding spots for spiders. You can also use natural spider repellents such as peppermint oil or citrus peels to deter them.

How can I prevent B.O.?

To prevent B.O., make sure to shower daily and use an antibacterial soap. Also, wear breathable clothing made of natural materials, and use an antiperspirant or deodorant to control sweat and odor.

What can I do about the smell of skunks?

If you or your pet has been sprayed by a skunk, the best way to get rid of the smell is to use a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap. If the smell is just lingering in your yard, you can try using natural repellents such as cayenne pepper or ammonia to deter skunks from coming near your home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • blueberrylady