• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Favorite Things: A Hilarious Tribute to Julie Andrews on her 69th Birthday

In summary, an email claims that Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd that lasted over four minutes and repeated encores on her 69th birthday. However, this is an urban legend.
raebates
Staff member
I received this as an email. Honestly, I have no idea if it's true, but it is funny. Thought I'd share it. According to the story, Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd that lasted over four minutes and repeated encores.Julie Andrews is 69....... To commemorate her 69th birthday on October 1, actress/vocalist, Julie Andrews made a special appearance at Manhattan 's Radio City Music Hall for the benefit of the AARP. One of the musical numbers she performed was "My Favorite Things" from the legendary movie "Sound Of Music." I know you remember! Here are the lyrics she used: (If you don't know the melody, I'm sure you can find someone to sing this to you.)Maalox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
These are a few of my favorite things.Cadillacs and cataracts, and hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
These are a few of my favorite things.When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favorite things.Back pains, confused brains, and no need for sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short, shrunken frames,
When we remember our favorite things.When the joints ache,
When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Last edited:
Awesome! Mom will get a kick out of this!:balloon: :angel:

Priceless:D

this is perfect for the kids to sing on t-day
the seniors will love it!!!

Q: What's 40 feet long and smells like urine?
A: Line dancing at the old folks' home.1st Old Guy: Wanna go for a walk?
2nd Old Guy: Isn't it windy?
1st Old Guy: No, it's Thursday.
2nd Old Guy: Yeah, me too.
1st Old Guy: I know it. Let's go get a beer.

Stampaholic1961 said:
It is hilarious but it isn't true. Julie Andrews lost the ability to sing in 1997 when doctors damaged her vocal cords during surgery.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: My Favorite Things Parody

I'd heard that, which is why I had my suspicions. True or not, it's funny. I plan to share it with my, um, more chronologically blessed friends.

I think it is funny too. I think I just forwarded it without the references to Julie Andrews when I received it in my inbox.

Related to My Favorite Things: A Hilarious Tribute to Julie Andrews on her 69th Birthday

1. What is "My Favorite Things"?

"My Favorite Things" is a collection of our top selling and most loved kitchen tools and cookware items. These products have been hand-selected by our customers and consultants, making them a must-have for any home cook.

2. How can I purchase "My Favorite Things"?

You can purchase "My Favorite Things" through a Pampered Chef consultant, either at a party or through their personal website. You can also find some of these items available for purchase on our official website.

3. Are there any discounts or promotions available for "My Favorite Things"?

From time to time, we may offer promotions or discounts on select "My Favorite Things" items. Be sure to check with your consultant or our website for any current promotions or sales.

4. Can I customize the "My Favorite Things" collection?

At this time, we do not offer customization for the "My Favorite Things" collection. However, you can mix and match items from the collection to create your own personalized set.

5. Are "My Favorite Things" items covered by the Pampered Chef guarantee?

Yes, all "My Favorite Things" items are covered by our satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Back