• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Linens-N-Things: Going Out of Business!

In summary, the LNT store in the area is closing in two weeks, and the one in my area closed already. You can still get the Close out prices on their website.
esavvymom
Staff member
If you are needing any odds and ends or table cloths, etc....Linens-n-Things is going out of business. It's official. The signs were up in our store.The discount right now is meager- 10-30%...most things being 10%. But you CANNOT use their discount coupons that they always mailed out. So if you have those- you may want to try to use those at Bed Bath Beyond, if you can.And if the store doesn't have what you want or no store near you, you can get the Close out prices on their website too (I just checked). http://www.lnt.comJust thought I'd pass it along.

I went yesterday and bought a couple of tablecloths and did some early Christmas shopping. They will be open through the Christmas season they told me, and they are still accepting shipments of new stuff (probably to clear out their warehouses).

They were up for auction, in a last ditch effort to stay solvent, but the only buyer was the company that is doing the liquidating.

I heard that our LNT will be closing in 2 weeks! I forgot to ask when I was there today.

The one in my area closed already! I always got my sheets there for my pillow top mattress. Its hard to find fitted sheets with the deep pockets.

Kelly

I guess they couldn't compare to BB&B! I wish they would have bought them out so I'd have one close to my house!

KellyRedHead said:
The one in my area closed already! I always got my sheets there for my pillow top mattress. Its hard to find fitted sheets with the deep pockets.

Kelly

They all closed around here early summer. We did get a good deal on some sheets for my sons first "big boy" bed!

my son worked at the one in our area this summer that was closing but I didn't realize all locations were going out.
they would get stuff form other locations, remov clearance tags and marked up merchandise to "clearance" it. It was a moral dilemma for him but he was close to his quitting date before we went to Hawaii so he stayed.

I'll have to do a little checking. I'll be near one on Friday when my Pig Butt Buddy and I go shopping.

Just a warning about LNT....they will not honor the Clearance prices on previously clearance-tagged items. They'll charge you the REGULAR price, and then whatever the "going out of business" discount is for that item. I was peeved...fortunately, it was a small item, but it was the principle! It was a $1.99 item marked to $0.99 clearance. The discount was 20% (no where did I see anything about hte clearance exception, but I would have been fine with the marked clearance price). At checkout- it rings up $1.59. I asked, and that's when she told me. If it hadn't been something I was letting my son get and it would have upset him since he wouldn't have understood, I would have told her to keep it. So be warned- ask or expect them to do that. Personally, most of their sales aren't all that great. IMHO.

I know when I went into the LNT by me on Saturday most items were more on clearance they they were on sale. They were stupid enough to leave the sale signs up, but then said they would not honor it. I walked out once I was told that.

Yeah, I heard that this week. A friend of mine's daughter works at the one we have here and she said they would be open 'til January. We'll see........

1. What is happening with Linens-N-Things going out of business?

Linens-N-Things announced that it will be closing all of its retail stores and going out of business. This decision was made due to financial struggles and a competitive retail market.

2. When will Linens-N-Things stores officially close?

The exact closing date for each store may vary, but Linens-N-Things has stated that all stores will be closed by the end of the year. Some locations may close earlier than others depending on inventory and sales.

3. Can I still use gift cards or store credit at Linens-N-Things?

Unfortunately, all gift cards and store credit will no longer be accepted as of the closing date. We recommend using any remaining balance as soon as possible.

4. Will there be any sales or discounts before the stores close?

Yes, Linens-N-Things will be having clearance sales to liquidate their inventory before closing. These sales may vary by location, so we recommend checking with your local store for more information.

5. What will happen to my warranty or returns after Linens-N-Things closes?

All warranty and return policies will no longer be valid after the stores close. We recommend contacting the manufacturer directly if you have any issues with a product purchased from Linens-N-Things.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • chef2you
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
milkangel