• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Things That Make You Go, "Huh?!?"

The music is a cut from an album by E S Posthumus, formed in 2000 by brothers Helmut and Franz Vonlichten. The E.S. is an acronym for "Experimental Sounds" while Posthumus is a word that represents "all things past". You might also have heard their music on CBS's NFL Today and football broadcasts. You've also heard it in Spiderman, Pirates of the Caribbean and other places.Check out their website. (You'll be able to hear Nara when you log on.)I love this music, it just seems so strange to hear the same music being used in so many different places. I love that kind of instrumental music, too. Shoot - now I
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
I just saw a trailer for The Other Boleyn that opens this week. The theme music (assuming the music in the trailer is the theme music of the movie) that also happens to be the same theme music that CBS uses for the series Cold Case.

The music is a cut from an album by E S Posthumus, formed in 2000 by brothers Helmut and Franz Vonlichten. The E.S. is an acronym for "Experimental Sounds" while Posthumus is a word that represents "all things past".

200px-ES_Unearthed-Cover.jpg

The cut is called Nara. (All of the album cuts are named after ancient cities.) It is a haunting tune.

E S Posthumus is known for the use of minor keys, driving rhythms and heavy on percussion. The brothers say their music is based on the Pythagorean philosophy, which states that "music is the harmonization of opposites; the conciliation of warring elements". You might also have heard their music on CBS's NFL Today and football broadcasts. You've also heard it in Spiderman, Pirates of the Caribbean and other places.

Check out their website. (You'll be able to hear Nara when you log on.) I love this music, it just seems so strange to hear the same music being used in so many different places.

I love that kind of instrumental music, too. Shoot - now I'm gonna have to go out and get this CD! ;)

Go to the website and listen for awhile...I love this music!

cathyskitchen said:
I love that kind of instrumental music, too. Shoot - now I'm gonna have to go out and get this CD! ;)

me too....

IMDB doesn't list a composer for this film, but the credits do include Matt Dunkley (additional orchestration), Anne Pope (Music score programmer: New York) and Youki Yamamoto (music programmer).Very seldom is music from the film used in the commercials and trailers, unless the movie is a sequel, and there's a thematic element carried across all the films in the music. Some films have their music "borrowed" all the time for trailers, and the "O Fortuna" movement from Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana" is used often as well (usually very poorly edited, I might add).

Good ear TKG! I don't watch that show so wouldn't have picked up on it however I have noticed that there's a Pillsbury commercial I think it is who's music near the end of the commercial sounds nearly identical to the Bounty tune where folks sing "The quilted, quicker picker upper"... and the very end only changes slightly. Every time I hear it I don't think of the product their selling but Bounty... not that I buy either one. LOL.. funny how our ears pick those kinds of things up.

I don't watch Cold Case and have yet to see a trailer for "Boleyn" (loved the book, WILL watch the movie) but now that you've introduced me to it, I love this music!My city library system doesn't have their music, but Itunes *does*.

chefann said:
IMDB doesn't list a composer for this film, but the credits do include Matt Dunkley (additional orchestration), Anne Pope (Music score programmer: New York) and Youki Yamamoto (music programmer).

Very seldom is music from the film used in the commercials and trailers, unless the movie is a sequel, and there's a thematic element carried across all the films in the music. Some films have their music "borrowed" all the time for trailers, and the "O Fortuna" movement from Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana" is used often as well (usually very poorly edited, I might add).
IMDB seems to be strangely vague about many details of a film that is about to be released.

The Wikipedia listing for E.S. Postuhumus does list Nara as being used in The Other Boleyn Girl but it doesn't say theme. It may be incidental music.

BTW, I just watched Guys & Dolls again the other night. I never liked the movie version as well as the stage - I think Sinatra was miscast as Nathan Detroit and if he had to have been in the movie at all, he should have been Sky Masterson. Brando? Singing and dancing? Gimme a break. Turns out, Sinatra hated the casting, too, and used Luck Be A Lady in his stage act for years.

The other reason I never liked the film version was that songs were added (Adelaide for Sinatra, to give him something else to sing) and they left out the classic Marry The Man Today, the unlikely duet of the two disparate leading ladies. They also added the awful Pet Me, Poppa and left out the delightful Bushel and a Peck, My Time Of Day and the wonderful ballad, I've Never Been In Love Before. (Probably to keep Brando from butchering it.)

They also had Sinatra sing the title song with Nicely Nicely Johnson and Benny Southstreet, leaving out Rusty Charlie - those three characters sang Fugue For Tinhorns which is one of my favorites of the show.

Just another one of those things that makes you go, "Huh?!?"

This one really makes me go "Huh?!" I heard today that they are making a movie of Atlas Shrugged starring Angelina Jolie. I'm hoping it was a joke. I'm afraid, however, that it may not be.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Go to the website and listen for awhile...I love this music!

I did for the rest of the night and listened to the whole CD - GOLD!! :) Thanks, KG!

raebates said:
This one really makes me go "Huh?!" I heard today that they are making a movie of Atlas Shrugged starring Angelina Jolie. I'm hoping it was a joke. I'm afraid, however, that it may not be.
It's not a joke. Can you imagine how Hollywood is going to butcher it? I bet they find a way to turn the entire message around.

Went to the web site. Love the music. Thanks for letting us know. Now I am going to our library website to see what they have of their music.

Ann R.

raebates said:

<<<cringe>>>

Two questions immediately come to mind:

1. So you think Angie has read the book?:eek:

2. How do you make this book into a movie?:confused:

ChefBeckyD said:
<<<cringe>>>

Two questions immediately come to mind:

1. So you think Angie has read the book?:eek:

2. How do you make this book into a movie?:confused:
1) No. Too many big words and too many pages.

2) A three-part trilogy and you'd still need an intermission in each one.

cathyskitchen said:
I did for the rest of the night and listened to the whole CD - GOLD!! :) Thanks, KG!
Haunting, isn't it? You've heard most of that music in movies or television - these guys are hot.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
1) No. Too many big words and too many pages.

2) A three-part trilogy and you'd still need an intermission in each one.

Okay - you confirmed what I was thinking on both counts. :rolleyes:

That is just too bizarre.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Haunting, isn't it? You've heard most of that music in movies or television - these guys are hot.

You're scaring me KG... :rolleyes:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/31/Atlas_shrugged_cover.jpg/200px-Atlas_shrugged_cover.jpgThe world could use a real Dagny Taggart.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/31/Atlas_shrugged_cover.jpg/200px-Atlas_shrugged_cover.jpg

The world could use a real Dagny Taggart.

Sad - but I'm sure Angie sees herself in that light.......

There will probably be a press conference where she tells about how much she related to the character in the book.

I don't know enough about her to predict.I can tell you that people who can relate to Dagny are very rare in Hollywood.

I really hate to have you confirm the rumor, KG. I'm torn. I don't want to see it because they'll have to butcher it. However, I'm curious to see just what form that butchering will take.

This should be required reading in high school, along with 1984 and Animal Farm.

Related to Things That Make You Go, "Huh?!?"

1. What exactly does "Things That Make You Go, "Huh?!?" mean?

"Things That Make You Go, "Huh?!?" is a phrase commonly used to express confusion or surprise about something. It can be used in a variety of situations and can range from a lighthearted exclamation to a more serious expression of bewilderment.

2. Is "Things That Make You Go, "Huh?!?" a trademarked phrase?

Yes, "Things That Make You Go, "Huh?!?" is a registered trademark of Pampered Chef, a direct sales company specializing in kitchen tools and cooking products.

3. How did Pampered Chef come up with the phrase "Things That Make You Go, "Huh?!?"?

The phrase "Things That Make You Go, "Huh?!?" was originally used in a Pampered Chef advertisement in the 1990s. It was meant to capture people's attention and spark their curiosity about the company's products. The phrase became so popular that it eventually became a trademark for Pampered Chef.

4. Can anyone use the phrase "Things That Make You Go, "Huh?!?" or is it exclusive to Pampered Chef?

The phrase "Things That Make You Go, "Huh?!?" is a registered trademark of Pampered Chef, so it should not be used without permission. However, the concept of expressing confusion or surprise can be conveyed in other ways without using the exact phrase.

5. Is there a specific product or event associated with "Things That Make You Go, "Huh?!?"?

No, "Things That Make You Go, "Huh?!?" is a general phrase used by Pampered Chef to promote their products and brand. It is not specifically tied to a particular product or event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back