• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My House Smells Like Sweet Cranberries....

In summary, the scented oil bottle broke, leaving a strong Cranberry-scented smell all over the house. Baking soda and newspaper were suggested as ways to remove the smell.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
My friend gave me one of those scented oil air freshner bottle things with the bamboo reeds. I had it on the windowsil of the powder room. This morning my son just had the 'check it out'....you guessed it - he dropped it and it broke. The scented oil went all over the wall and the tile and I'm sure a good bit of it is soaked into the grout. My house has a very strong cranberry-something smell to it.....OVERWHELMINGLY so :yuck: Worst part is that it's in the powder room which is across the hall from my office. I closed the bathroom door and opened the window, but it's not helping too much.

Wait, you can open a window in your house??? What are you complaining about??

I recommend sprinkling baking soda in there - liberally. And put a lot of crumpled newspaper in the room, too. Both of those things should help absorb the scent.At least you can open a window. :rolleyes:

Linda pour baking soda on where it is spilled. Leave it on overnight. It should really cut down on the smell.

Ha Ann we were typing at the same time. Great minds think a like!

Sure do! :)I know the newspaper will work, too. A friend got a used vanity cabinet that was stinky, filled it with crumpled newspaper balls (loosely crumpled), and it was fine after a couple of days.

I can open the window because I'm closing the door! It's 52 here right now! (I guess that's kinda balmy for you all though....)

I was thinking about baking soda and wondering how that would work.

cornstarch will work toowalmart sells a charcoal scent absorber (oblong container) with the closet supplies (hangers, etc) we use them in our cars when the kids or cats get sick going to the vet works great

I hate those oil reed thingies just for that reason. Once that oil is released, because it is an oil, it's hard to get rid of. My mom had one spill, and YUCK!!!

Enjoy that fresh air...all of the above sound like good recommendations.

pamperedlinda said:
I can open the window because I'm closing the door! It's 52 here right now! (I guess that's kinda balmy for you all though....)

I was thinking about baking soda and wondering how that would work.
Um, 52 degrees... That's 52 higher than it was here today!

wadesgirl said:
Um, 52 degrees... That's 52 higher than it was here today!

Where the heck are you?!

pamperedlinda said:
Where the heck are you?!

Iowa! It was zero with the windchill, 8 without!

Teresa Lynn said:
cornstarch will work too

walmart sells a charcoal scent absorber (oblong container) with the closet supplies (hangers, etc) we use them in our cars when the kids or cats get sick going to the vet works great

Wow, I thought I was the only one that used the vet for the all in one family doctor. JK;)

Dryer sheets really help with soaking up the scent too.
My DH spilled gasoline in the back of my Blazer and I tossed 6 in there. The smell was gone overnight.

send a little of your cranberry smell this way! My BF has this corn bag that you put in the microwave and use as a heating pad, it stinks sooooo bad! I'm battling a cold right now and its making me sneeze and cough and gag, doesn't seem to bother him though, and he's laying with it on his head!

My brother and sis in law had us over for Christmas. We were the 1st to visit after the renovations to their home (that included finally having a guest bedroom). They had a oil difuser on the nightstand and my husband knocked if over. Soaked into the carpet. At least it smelled better than the fresh paint, but was so strong!! We wiped it off the bed and nighstand, but it is still in their carpet. Wish I had known about the newspaper trick. I moved the difuser into the bathroom so no more pillows would knock it over. The next day I knock it over, but thank goodness I caught it before it hit the floor.

OH my! I think everyone should ban those things from their homes! I had been thinking of getting one, I like how they look, but after reading this, I'll stick to what I got!

I would love to know what finally works for you. I am always looking for new remedies. I use Nature's Miracle on everything. You get at pet stores. It is used to break up the organics in urine and feces, but it works great on other organic spills. My MIL spilled red wine on one of living room chairs. It cleaned it right up.

I like having a little scent in the house, but I find most of those reedy things overwhelming.

Good luck!

Related to My House Smells Like Sweet Cranberries....

What are the ingredients in the Sweet Cranberries scent?

The Sweet Cranberries scent is a blend of natural cranberry extract, vanilla, and cinnamon. It also contains a touch of citrus for a refreshing twist.

Is the Sweet Cranberries scent safe to use around pets?

Yes, the Sweet Cranberries scent is safe to use around pets. However, we recommend keeping pets out of the immediate area while the scent is being used, and always following the instructions on the product packaging.

How long does the Sweet Cranberries scent last?

The duration of the Sweet Cranberries scent will vary depending on the size of the room, ventilation, and other factors. Generally, the scent can last for several hours to a full day.

Can the Sweet Cranberries scent be used in a diffuser?

Yes, the Sweet Cranberries scent can be used in a diffuser. Simply add a few drops of the scent to the water in the diffuser according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Are there any other products available in the Sweet Cranberries scent?

Yes, there are several other products available in the Sweet Cranberries scent, including candles, room sprays, and wax melts. These products can be used individually or together to create a stronger and longer-lasting scent in your home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• candiejayne
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Braedensmom
Replies