• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Talking to Strangers: Open House Invitations & Catalogs

In summary, when inviting people to an open house, you might say something like, "Hi! I'm ___, and I live in the neighborhood, too. I wanted to get to know my neighbors, so I'm inviting everyone to a Pampered Chef open house at my home." You would also want to get their contact info so you can call them.
tx_deputyswife
I've read several posts that recommend talking personally with people versus sending out flyers, etc. when inviting them to an open house, or walking the neighborhood for bookings. That's a fabulous idea when you address neighbors you already knonw, but what do you say to those you've never met, or only just waved to??

Also, do you carry catalogs around with you when you go?

Thanks!!

Have you gone through the Business Binder for some sample words and also the online training. The more you learn the more comfortable you get. I woul dkeep an ivitation handy with you if it an open house. If it is just to talk about PC then just let you excitment shine through. Kind of a guess what I am doing type of conversation.

Just introduce yourself to the neighbors by saying "Hi! I'm ___, and I live in the neighborhood, too. I wanted to get to know my neighbors, so I'm inviting everyone to a Pampered Chef open house at my home." Hopefully, here they will give you their name. Write it down unless you have a great memory. "Nice to meet you, _____. I live at _________. (Hand her/him a flyer with your info.) Here's the invitation. My open house is on _____ at _____. Would you mind if I take down your telephone number? I know how busy things get. This way I can call you a few days before the open house to remind you about the get-together."
So, I totally made that up on the fly. It's pretty important to get their contact info so you can call them. If you're into small talk that would probably go better first, but some people can really be suspicious when "strangers" come to the door.
Let us know what happens.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. (Inviting the neighborhood to an open house). My calendar is slim right now, and all I am getting are answering machines. I thought I would have nothing to lose if I had an open house. Wondering if anyone has done this before and what kind of success you have had.

Hi there! I completely agree that personal conversations are much more effective when inviting people to an open house or booking a party. When approaching people you don't know very well, it's always a good idea to start with a friendly introduction and then mention your business and the event you're inviting them to. For example, you could say something like, "Hi, I'm a Pampered Chef consultant and I'm hosting an open house next week. I noticed you live in the neighborhood and thought you might be interested in coming by to see our new products and enjoy some delicious food. Would you be interested in attending?"

As for carrying catalogs with you, I definitely recommend it! You never know when you might run into someone who is interested in hosting a party or purchasing some products. It's always helpful to have catalogs on hand to share with potential customers. Plus, it's a great way to advertise your business and spread the word about upcoming events.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. How do I approach strangers with open house invitations and catalogs?

Approaching strangers can be intimidating, but the key is to be confident and friendly. Start by introducing yourself and explaining that you work for Pampered Chef. Let them know that you are hosting an open house and would love for them to stop by. Offer them a catalog to browse and take home with them. Remember to smile and be genuine in your interactions.

2. What should I say when handing out open house invitations?

When handing out open house invitations, it's important to be clear and concise. Let the person know that you are hosting an open house for Pampered Chef and that they are invited. Mention the date, time, and location of the event. You can also mention any special promotions or discounts that will be available. Thank them for their time and let them know that you would love to see them there.

3. How can I make sure strangers are interested in attending my open house?

One way to ensure that strangers are interested in attending your open house is to highlight the benefits they will receive. Let them know that they will have the opportunity to see and try out Pampered Chef products, learn new recipes, and enjoy some tasty treats. You can also offer a raffle or giveaway to entice them to attend. Lastly, make sure to personalize your invitation and make the person feel special and valued.

4. Should I follow up with strangers after giving them an open house invitation?

Following up with strangers after giving them an open house invitation is a great way to increase attendance. You can send a personalized email or text message to remind them of the event and reiterate the benefits of attending. You can also offer to answer any questions they may have or provide them with a link to RSVP. Make sure to keep the follow-up message brief and friendly.

5. How can I use catalogs to start conversations with strangers?

Catalogs are a great conversation starter when approaching strangers. You can ask them if they have ever heard of Pampered Chef or if they are familiar with our products. Show them the catalog and point out some of your favorite items or new releases. You can also ask them if they would like to take a catalog home with them to browse at their convenience. This can lead to a further discussion about the open house and potentially even a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• passiontecooking.t
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
passiontecooking.t
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefHeidiD
Replies