• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taco Soup & Cornbread: Recipe for 12" Skillet or Stoneware

In summary, the ingredients for the Taco Soup include ground beef, onion, green bell pepper, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, water, and salsa. To make the cornbread, you will need all-purpose flour, yellow cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, egg, milk, and melted butter. You can substitute the ground beef for other types of meat or tofu. This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker. It makes approximately 12 servings.
jcwarr
does anyone have a recipe for corn bread that can be done in the 12" family skillet (or if need be - a piece of stoneware)? i have a power cooking show this weekend and i want to make cornbread to go with the taco soup. thank you!!

I have cooked the Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet at shows this month, and it has been a hit! It's a perfect compliment to taco soup. It's in the All the Best cookbook.

Hi there! I have a great cornbread recipe that I make in my 12" skillet all the time. Here's what you'll need:Ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Optional: 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup chopped jalapenos for a spicy kick!Instructions:
1. Preheat your 12" skillet on medium-high heat and lightly grease with oil or butter.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, vegetable oil, and egg.
4. Slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
5. If desired, fold in shredded cheese and chopped jalapenos.
6. Pour the batter into the preheated skillet and spread evenly.
7. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Let cool before serving with your taco soup. Enjoy!Note: If using stoneware, preheat the stoneware in the oven before pouring in the batter. Also, adjust cooking time as needed. Happy cooking!

1. What are the ingredients for the Taco Soup?

The ingredients for the Taco Soup are 1 pound of ground beef, 1 onion (diced), 1 green bell pepper (diced), 1 can of corn (drained), 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed), 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 packet of taco seasoning, 1 cup of water, and 1 cup of salsa.

2. How do I make the cornbread to go with the Taco Soup?

To make the cornbread, you will need 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of yellow cornmeal, 1/4 cup of sugar, 3 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 egg, 1 cup of milk, and 1/4 cup of melted butter. Mix all the dry ingredients together, then add in the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Pour the batter into a greased 12-inch skillet or stoneware and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.

3. Can I substitute the ground beef for a different type of meat?

Yes, you can substitute the ground beef for ground turkey, chicken, or even tofu for a vegetarian option. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make this recipe in a slow cooker by browning the ground beef and onions in a skillet first, then adding all the ingredients into the slow cooker and cooking on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 12 servings, depending on portion size. It is perfect for a large family or for meal prepping for the week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcemilynenid
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennie50