• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Skillet Cake-Ss Skillet or Hard Anodized 12" Used?

In summary, the skillet cake-ss skillet or hard anodized 12" is a versatile cooking tool primarily used for baking cakes, but can also be used for other dishes such as frittatas, quiches, and pizzas. It is safe to use in the oven up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and is compatible with all stovetops, as well as the grill. However, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with this skillet as it may damage the non-stick coating. To clean and maintain the skillet, it is best to use warm soapy water and a soft sponge, and avoid abrasive cleaners or putting it in the dishwasher.
tabbycat52
Hi, I was wondering which 12" skillet, stainless steel or the hard anodized, is the one is considered the "family skillet. I like the idea of the skillet cakes but all the recipes just say "family skillet". Can someone clarify that for me, please? Does it matter? I guess you can melt butter in either one to "grease" it up for baking. Thanks for any help. Mary

Non-stick is usually the one to use for the cakes.

Thanks for the clarification. Guess that makes sense!

Before the Executive line was the only nonstick, and before Stainless, there was the Professional line, and the 12" was called the Family skillet.
I wish they would update the cookbooks to reflect current products (I know, too much to actually do). Or at least update the online recipes. I end up rewriting the recipes to print and distribute to my guests.

Either (from current line) 12" skillet can be used for the skillet cakes. When the stainless was first brought out, it was actually the one demo'd with the skillet cake.

Thanks everyone for your input. I really appreciate the guidance! NOw on to making skillet cakes!

1. What is the skillet cake-ss skillet or hard anodized 12" used for?

The skillet cake-ss skillet or hard anodized 12" is primarily used for baking cakes in a skillet. It can also be used for other dishes such as frittatas, quiches, and even pizzas.

2. Is the skillet cake-ss skillet or hard anodized 12" safe to use in the oven?

Yes, the skillet cake-ss skillet or hard anodized 12" is oven-safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes it perfect for baking cakes and other dishes that require high temperatures.

3. Can I use metal utensils with the skillet cake-ss skillet or hard anodized 12"?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with this skillet as it may damage the non-stick coating. It is best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils to preserve the quality of the skillet.

4. How do I clean and maintain the skillet cake-ss skillet or hard anodized 12"?

The skillet can be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they may scratch the non-stick surface. It is also recommended to hand wash the skillet and not put it in the dishwasher to prolong its lifespan.

5. Is the skillet cake-ss skillet or hard anodized 12" compatible with all stovetops?

Yes, this skillet is compatible with all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. It can also be used on the grill or in the oven, making it a versatile and convenient cooking tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm