• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which 12" Skillet is Best: Stainless or Non-Stick?

In summary, the cookware options are stainless steel or non-stick. The stainless steel is more durable and easier to clean, but the non-stick is easier to use. The stainless is also good for personal use, but for demo use the executive is more useful.
Dotty
Gold Member
Oh the old delimma, stainless or non-stick!
I am looking to get one of the 12" family skillets for both use in demo and cooking at home and would like your advice or opinions on which is more useful and user friendly!

Re: cookwareNon stick all the way!!! Easier to clean is the biggest thing for me.

Re: cookware
wadesgirl said:
Non stick all the way!!! Easier to clean is the biggest thing for me.

Completely agree!

Re: cookwareOh! They are BOTH so nice! But I LOVE LOVE LOVE my SS!

If I had to live with one:
For personal use, I would choose the SS...

But for consultant/demo use: you will probably get more use from the Executive. Most of the cake recipes and many of the skillet meals use the non-stick.

So, you should probably get the Executive.

Re: cookwareKam,
Why do you love your SS so much? I like the idea that it can go under the broiler but I'm not sure how often I'd actually use that function.

Re: cookwareCompletely agree with kam. For personal use, the stainless, for demo get the executive.

My stainless cleans up beautifully, not hard to clean at all. About the only things I wouldn't use stainless for are eggs, pancakes and crepes. Stainless just browns so well, and the fond gives sauces and gravies the best flavor!

Re: cookware
kam said:
Oh! They are BOTH so nice! But I LOVE LOVE LOVE my SS!

If I had to live with one:
For personal use, I would choose the SS...

But for consultant/demo use: you will probably get more use from the Executive. Most of the cake recipes and many of the skillet meals use the non-stick.

So, you should probably get the Executive.

lkbcovington said:
Completely agree with kam. For personal use, the stainless, for demo get the executive.

My stainless cleans up beautifully, not hard to clean at all. About the only things I wouldn't use stainless for are eggs, pancakes and crepes. Stainless just browns so well, and the fond gives sauces and gravies the best flavor!

I agree with both of these. For personal use, I totally love my stainless. It took some practice to get used to it but now I love it. :)

Re: cookwareWow, I'm going to disagree. I have been taking my stainless 12" skillet and lid to shows for a few years. And now that I know how to use it I'm booking more shows and even selling it without a discount. Just today I was reading next months handouts for the team meeting. There are some really great words for selling both types. Also, I made the Chicken Picatta Pasta in it the other day. It was incredible, the fond was perfect and so was the clean up.

I quit taking my larger Executive pieces to shows because the edges were getting nicked and it was hard to say Lifetime when I knew having stones and knives scratch against it is abuse. I still take my Executive 8" saute pan because it is one that everyone needs.

HO probably wouldn't want me to post this, but you probably could ask your director to email it to you. I emailed it myself and it pulled up...but I'm not sure if it pulled up because I'm a director and have access to it.

Re: cookwareNot me! Non-stick Executive Cookware all the way!!

Re: cookwareWow, thanks for all your insights! I've been leaning towards the stainless, it seems so versatile. The plus's for me are the ability to make fond, it is broiler safe, dishwasher safe, and now you guys/gals are saying it is even easy to clean. So far all I've heard against it is that you can't make the skillet cakes in it.

I'm hoping to use it mainly for family meals - particularly one pot meals if I can find enough good recipes.

Thanks again for al your thoughts!

Related to Which 12" Skillet is Best: Stainless or Non-Stick?

1. What is the main difference between a stainless steel and non-stick 12" skillet?

The main difference between a stainless steel and non-stick 12" skillet is the material used for the cooking surface. Stainless steel skillets have a smooth, polished surface that is durable and allows for even heat distribution. Non-stick skillets have a coating, usually made of Teflon, that prevents food from sticking to the surface.

2. Which type of skillet is easier to clean?

Non-stick skillets are generally easier to clean because food particles do not stick to the surface. However, with proper care, stainless steel skillets can also be easy to clean.

3. Can both types of skillets be used on all cooktops?

Yes, both stainless steel and non-stick skillets can be used on all cooktops, including gas, electric, and induction.

4. Are there any health concerns with using a non-stick skillet?

There have been some concerns about the safety of Teflon, the material used for the non-stick coating. However, as long as the skillet is used properly and not overheated, there should be no health concerns.

5. Which type of skillet is more durable?

Stainless steel skillets are generally more durable because the cooking surface is not coated and can withstand higher temperatures. However, non-stick skillets can also last a long time with proper care and use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies