• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I exchange my Stainless Steel 7 Pc set for the non-stick version?

In summary, the customer was able to exchange the Stainless Steel pans for the non stick pans at half price.
cookinmama
Gold Member
I have a customer that bought the Stainless Steel 7 Pc set in Sept for the Hostess special for her daughter to give to her at Christmas. Well her daughter just opened the pans the other night to make candy. She only used the one pan but she HAD to use a pot holder to take the pan off the burner because the handle got hot. Is not having hot handles on the burner a selling point for our stainless steel?

Well anyway, she wants to exchange them for the 7 pc non stick pans. I have tried to call HQ but everythime it is a 2 hr wait. So my question is, is HQ just going to let my customer switch for the non stick value for value, or is she going to get the $180 credit and then have to pay the $195 differance. If so, I am going to have a very mad customer and I know she will tell everyone not to deal with PC. She did 3 catalog shows in September to get each of her kids a 7 pc set, but this one daughter wanted the stainless steel because the handles do not get hot, well they didn't work.

They should let her exchange at the special price. I had a host want to exchange a half-price item several months after her show and HO let her have another half-off item - she did have to pay the difference in the half-off prices though.

good question - let us know.

Oh, about the handle getting hot. If she was using a burner that was bigger than the pot then the handle would get hot.

I would definitely ask her questions on how she was using the pan. It should not get so hot that she needed to use a pot holder. Maybe, if she was grabbing it down at the base of the handle, but not up top where the thumb print is.

They will exchange it for the host special pricing but you need to make sure that they know that. As for the handle getting hot, mine never has on the SS. I agree, if her flame or heat was too high, it will cause any handle to get hot. With our SS, you do not need to turn the heat up very high, the pan takes care of it. And with any of our pans, you don't want to turn them on HIGH at all.

Maybe the way she had her handle turned, it was over another burner that was on. I have done this before without realizing!

It should not be getting hot. That said, HO will do the exchange at half off.

This reminded me of the idiot who made the video on YouTube. I am sure you recall her. She was so dumb. (sorry for the negativity here). Not saying your client is that but it just reminded me of her.

I am also thinking that if she was making candy, perhaps the handle DID get hot. They are made in a way that helps so the heat doesn't travel up the handle quickly (thus the "V" at the base of the handle) but you are cooking candy for a long time and the temp gets quite high depending on what you are making. Even with the silicone coated handles on our Executive line, I was making peanut brittle this past Christmas and the casserole pan handles got hot enough that I needed a hot pad. With "normal" use, the handles do not get hot.

But yes, there is no problem for her to exchange them and she will still get the discounted price on whatever she exchanges it for!

By the way, she does have to pay to ship it back... :eek:

Yes she will have to pay shipping back, since it is over the 30 days since it was purchased.

Ok, I finally got through to HQ w/o waiting 2 hrs and they did exchange it for the non stick set at 60% off, and they are giving her back the $44.77. They are going to pick it up and she won't have to pay shipping even though it is past the 30 days. The customer service person was really helpful. She said is was easier to track if PC had it picked up. Very pleasant experience. I was worried that I would have to tell the customer that she woulding get it at 60% off. Thanks for all the comments.

This lady makes candy on a regular basis to sell at craft fairs and she just can't worry about the handles getting hot. Her sisters all have the non stick and they love them. And they all make candy too.

That's great! I'm glad that worked out so well for you... and her

1. How do exchanges work with Pampered Chef products?

Exchanges can be made within 30 days of purchase for any unused and unopened product. The exchange must be for a product of equal or lesser value.

2. Can I exchange a product if I no longer have the original packaging?

Yes, as long as the product is unused and unopened, it can be exchanged without the original packaging.

3. What if I want to exchange a product for one of greater value?

You can exchange for a product of greater value, but you will be responsible for paying the difference in price.

4. Do I need a receipt for an exchange?

Yes, a receipt is required for all exchanges. If you do not have a receipt, you may be able to provide proof of purchase through a credit card statement or order confirmation.

5. Can I exchange a product if I purchased it from a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, products purchased from a Pampered Chef consultant can still be exchanged through our customer service team. However, the exchange must be initiated by the original purchaser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies