• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Skillet Size to Choose: 10 or 12?

In summary, the majority of people on this forum would choose the 12" inch skillet over the 10" inch skillet.
jesusluvsu2005
If you had to pick and could only get one, which would you choose? I think I can still get the 10" for $37 or something like that on the sample orders (I think I can order it within my first 30 days or something like that). Granted the 12" would be 40% off. I know the 12" is backordered right now. Do they know when it will be off backorder? I'd like the 12" to have the opportunity to do power cooking but the 10" is probably a bit easier to wash since they are handwash only. For those of you that have these skillets which would you choose? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I use the 10 in more, but the 12 in comes in handy when I'm making alot..I think it depends on your family size (there's me and dh and 2 younger kids)..and things are perfect in that 10 in.
So for me it would be that and I COULD NOT live w/o it! I feel the 12 in I could, as long as I had the stir fry! LOL

12" all the way! I use mine all the time, and there's only 2 of us at home. You can do skillet cakes in the 12", too. (The Pina Colada Upside Down cake in the SBRC is great.)

12"! It really does come in more use than my 10". I only use the 10" (it's just DH and I) when I'm too lazy to clean the 12".

12" for shows and cakes! But I do use my 10" alot at home!

I'd get the 12"... I want the 12"... whatever you can do in the 10" you can do in the 12" plus more....

12" definetly!!!!!

It's like I tell my customers who consider the Medium Round Stone - You can do less on the big one, but you can't necessarily do more on the smaller one. :)(Why does every post I write today sound dirty? :rolleyes: )

I say 12" inch too. And remember, the one on the sample order is only the 10" saute pan, not the skillet.

Hmmm, it seems the majority vote is for the 12". And I know it's really the size I need at home. There's 5 of us. But I just hate the thought of handwashing that big of a pan. Do any of y'all have difficulty with it in the sink? Also, anyone know when they'll be avaiable to ship? Thanks again!
God bless,
Amanda

12 inch the whole way - Its my favorite piece and at my show its my try me piece!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

I used the 12 inch professional so much that I didn't think it could be improved upon... until I used the executive at my director's house and borrowed it for a show and then I had to have that one too! So now I have two and also the 10 inch executive saute pan, but I use the 12 inch for pancakes a lot. Plus, the new executive is so heavy! I take it to power cooking shows and just brag about it! It is fun to see people pick it up and they usually can't do so with one hand! Now, on those shows, I don't take a lot of other heavy stuff. I love the ten inch for fritattas and other egg dishes. They are both great pans. Its like choosing a favorite ice cream flavor... so many good things about both! I guess it depends on what you need it for... But, hands down they are both professional grade!

As far as when they will be available... it would be worth waiting for the 12 inch. In my humble opinion.

Last edited:
jesusluvsu2005 said:
Do any of y'all have difficulty with it in the sink?
I barely need to put mine in the sink, and I've got the Professional one, which isn't as nice as the Exec. Seriously - I rinse it, wipe it out with a soapy sponge, rinse again, and it's clean! Not fitting into the sink is not going to be a problem.

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
I used the 12 inch professional so much that I didn't think it could be improved upon... until I used the executive at my director's house and borrowed it for a show and then I had to have that one too! So now I have two and also the 10 inch executive saute pan, but I use the 12 inch for pancakes a lot. Plus, the new executive is so heavy! I take it to power cooking shows and just brag about it! It is fun to see people pick it up and they usually can't do so with one hand! Now, on those shows, I don't take a lot of other heavy stuff. I love the ten inch for fritattas and other egg dishes. They are both great pans. Its like choosing a favorite ice cream flavor... so many good things about both! I guess it depends on what you need it for... But, hands down they are both professional grade!

As far as when they will be available... it would be worth waiting for the 12 inch. In my humble opinion.

Hee Hee - now, just borrow your directors double burner griddle for pancakes one time....and you'll suddenly have a need for that one too!:D :p

I love my 12" Executive Skillet as well! It's just me, DH and two toddlers that don't eat much, but I love that I can make enough for DH to take leftovers for lunch the next day. It has actually really helped out our budget a lot as he is not eating out as much.

urbnk8 said:
I say 12" inch too. And remember, the one on the sample order is only the 10" saute pan, not the skillet.
Good point!

I have a sink with out a sprayer and I wash it just fine. When I hand wash I usually don't fill the sink up, just run some hot water, use soap and the kitchen brush. The kitchen brush is a must with the cookware! Helps to clean it beautifully.

I just got my 12" last week (hosted my own show) and I've only used it once, but am in love!!! Like cheffann and wadesgirl said, it's really easy to just run some hot water and use a soapy scrub brush to clean it.

As far as it being on BO, mine came last week with the rest of my show...

By the way it is bigger than I thought but that baby holds alot of stuff! I love it!

Related to Which Skillet Size to Choose: 10 or 12?

1. How do I properly season my 10" or 12" skillet?

To season your Pampered Chef skillet, preheat your oven to 350°F. Rub a thin layer of vegetable oil or shortening onto the cooking surface of the skillet. Place it in the oven for 30 minutes, then let it cool completely before wiping off any excess oil. Your skillet is now ready to use!

2. Can I use metal utensils on my skillet?

Yes, our skillets are made with a durable non-stick coating that can withstand metal utensils. However, we recommend using wooden, silicone, or nylon utensils to prolong the life of your skillet.

3. How do I clean my skillet?

To clean your Pampered Chef skillet, simply wash it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or steel wool, as this can damage the non-stick coating. If there are stubborn food bits stuck to the skillet, let it soak in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before washing.

4. Can I use my skillet on an induction cooktop?

Yes, our skillets are designed to be compatible with all cooktops, including induction.

5. How do I know when my skillet is preheated?

A good way to test if your skillet is preheated and ready to use is to sprinkle a few drops of water onto the surface. If the water droplets sizzle and evaporate quickly, your skillet is ready to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dotty
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • General Chat
Replies