• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Have the Stainless Steel Bowls?

In Summary,The stainless steel bowls are a popular choice for those looking for a set of bowls that will last longer than their warranty. The set is the best option for those who plan to use the bowls often, while the big bowl is perfect for those who cook for a large number of people.
jesusluvsu2005
Hi everyone! Do any of y'all have the stainless steel bowls? I want to get either the set or the big one but for now can only choose one. Which would you suggest? The set or the big one? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I'd get the set. I think more people would be inclined to buy a set rather than one large bowl. Plus - you can just say "We also sell a larger bowl that goes with this set and has the same features - it's just bigger!"

use them all the time

I only have the set and use it at every show. I put nametags and markers in one, pens in the other and do the door prize drawing in the biggest. This gives me 3 chances to talk about it. Also, unless you do a lot of baking, I don't know that I would use one bigger. The biggest of the three is pretty big.

I have the set & absolutely LOVE:love: them!! The 6 qt is the largest one I have a need for at the moment but will probably end up buying the 8.:) I don't think you can go wrong with the set though. HTH

LOVE those bowls!! If you can only get one, get the set. And then determine of you have a use in your kitchen for the jumbo one.Unless I need to put something in the microwave, I take one or two of these bowls to shows instead of the batter bowls. They're lighter, and a more expensive item. But I can still cross-sell the batter bowls (and there's usually at least one person in each group who has a BB, and can talk it up for you anyway).

I use the largest one for mixing pasta & potato salads, meatloaf etc. I'd rather use something a little bigger and not make a mess slopping it out of a bowl that is just the "right size"

Definitely get the set. You can carry just one of them and talk about the others. Many of my customers have the classic batter bowl. I carry the middle of the 3 stainless ones and tell them that the small one holds the same amount as the CBB but they swear the middle one is that size so they are way impressed and love that there's an even larger on in the STACKABLE (another good spacesaving feature) set and an even LARGER one available for those who have really big appetites.

PS: I do use the larger one for mixing large salads and other foods when cooking for lots of people so it is worth getting in my opinion but the set is your best bet to start!

The set! I don't use the large one, earned it as an incentive! The set has a great size for every task. I take the middle one to my shows with me and use the rest at home. Wish I could buy another middle one to use at home!

I have the set and the larger bowl.

To choose one, I would get the set first, since you will use it more often.

I take these to my shows now, instead of the batter bowls. They weigh less and COST MORE!! Double win!!

I wasn't sure if I would use the big one, but I use them ALL a lot! I talk about how these are a set of bowls that are going to FAR OUTLAST their 5 year warranty, along with all of their awesome features!

:love::love:Love, Love, Love them!!:love::love:

http://women.evenhealth.com

Get the set.I have both and the biggest problem with the large bowl is that it is the biggest. I have no where to store it, so right now, it's in the original box and in the basement. Or garage. I don't even remember where.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Get the set.

I have both and the biggest problem with the large bowl is that it is the biggest. I have no where to store it, so right now, it's in the original box and in the basement. Or garage. I don't even remember where.

It fits nicely under the set and really doesn't take that much more room in the cabinet. :p

I have both & I want another of the set & the large one b/c I use them ALL the time! Love them! I would get the set if only one is an option.

BethCooks4U said:
It fits nicely under the set and really doesn't take that much more room in the cabinet. :p

If I pout it in mine, the door won't close.

I also don't make potato salad for the army very often.

I have the set.... I bring the large and the small to every show! I use the small one often when it calls for the bater bowl. And the large one is always out as my garbage bowl... call me Rachel Ray! lol

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
If I pout it in mine, the door won't close.

I also don't make potato salad for the army very often.

Do you have a cupboard over the refrigerator? Or usually there's one under the counter that's deeper... It could be the thing that's kept in the way back that you can't reach easily since you don't use it much. That's where I keep my stir fry and why my professional stir fry is still new (if anyone wants to buy it from me let me know or the kids get it when I go to WI in July).

It would never fit in the over the fridge cabinet. You should take up woking - it's good exercise.

I would get the set. I earned the big one but only use it when I'm serving something big. I have them all hanging from my pot rack in my kitchen. Fits very nicely there!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It would never fit in the over the fridge cabinet.

You should take up woking - it's good exercise.

I know! I keep saying I should but I have to get my foot fixed first.

My over the fridge cabinet is HUGE and very deep. I have a TON of stuff up there - can't find a thing when I need it out of there - trays, a trifle bowl - pre-PC's, a cake plate/cover thing, etc., etc. I need to empty that out too...

Take all that stuff to Wisconsin and start using the stir fry pan. ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Take all that stuff to Wisconsin and start using the stir fry pan. ;)

I have the executive stir fry so I don't need the professional one anymore. Haven't used the exec either but sure don't need both!

And I don't think my car will fit all that along with the boxes and boxes of things I'm already taking (extra stoneware, gifts for 4 birthdays, gifts for the grandkids, Christmas decorations that I weeded out last year and they didn't have room for in their cars, etc...

Hello? UPS? I have some boxes here...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Hello? UPS? I have some boxes here...

Too cheap! I would rather pay the gas prices and see the kids while I'm delivering. Actually, it's way cheaper to drive than fly - believe me we checked it out so I'll just pack the car full!

Think we've done enough hijacking here?

threadjacked.gif
Who? US?
nocomment.gif

I have the large bowl- it either came with a sample package or I earned it. Regardless- I have never used it, and I really want the set after reading this thread. I could definitely help my back out a little bit by taking the set vs. the CBB. Thanks everyone!

chefann said:
LOVE those bowls!! If you can only get one, get the set. And then determine of you have a use in your kitchen for the jumbo one.

Unless I need to put something in the microwave, I take one or two of these bowls to shows instead of the batter bowls. They're lighter, and a more expensive item. But I can still cross-sell the batter bowls (and there's usually at least one person in each group who has a BB, and can talk it up for you anyway).

What Ann said. I bring these to shows and talk about how a SET of bowls is one of my kitchen essentials. If I need to put something in the microwave, I bring a Med Square (most of the time it's cream cheese :)).

I talk about Batter Bowls when I mention the Prep Bowls, which I use at EVERY show.

I have the set and TWO of the 8 qt ones. If anyone wants an 8 qt, I can ship. :)

This is going to sound really strange, but I have this weird aversion to metal. For instance, to hear metal cling, is like nails on chalkboards for me. It sends chills down my spine. I love the look of the bowls and have contemplated getting them for over a year, but I know there is no way I could use a whisk in them, maybe only the scrapers? Do any of you think it would be worth it to get them if I can't stand to hear anything cling to the sides of them?

You'll probably use the set more than the big bowl. That's what I take to my shows. I use the two smaller ones for my recipe and put all my dirty tools in the big one.

pampcheflisa said:
This is going to sound really strange, but I have this weird aversion to metal. For instance, to hear metal cling, is like nails on chalkboards for me. It sends chills down my spine. I love the look of the bowls and have contemplated getting them for over a year, but I know there is no way I could use a whisk in them, maybe only the scrapers? Do any of you think it would be worth it to get them if I can't stand to hear anything cling to the sides of them?

YES!!!! I mostly use my scrapers in them anyway! You could use the Silicone Coated Whisk in them to cut down on that sound.

Silicone coated whisk- perfect solution.

I may need to invest in them, the friends that I have that own them, love them, but the metal thing has always steered me away from them. I would definitely go with the set, I can think of so many more uses than just the single one.

I have the set and love them, I use them a lot. I just wish I had the room to store them in my kitchen. They are on a self in my basement with a lot of other over sized stuff.

Metal bowls are great if you need to chill something down in a hurry, because the metal will transfer the heat faster than glass will (cookware ice cube demo, anyone?).

I have the set of three, love them.

Absolutely love the SS bowls! I only bring those to shows, because I got taught that if you want higher sales, bring higher priced products! I always ask people at the beginning of the show what their favorite product is and why. That is usually how I sell a whole variety of products, like the batter bowls and such... I let the guests sell them for me!:thumbup:
Get the set!!! Much more versatile!

Funny! I didn't read all of this thread, I just jumped in.... but Ann and I said basically the same thing! Great minds think alike!;)

Love the set and don't have the largest one, yet. Try to take those to shows instead of batter bowls because of weight. I rarely use the whisk in mine. I use the scrapers or the bamboo spoons.

Choose the set. They are one of my favorite products. The 4 qt. one can be used with the Kitchen Aid stand mixer as an extra bowl I use this as a selling point. I recently priced a 2nd SS bowl for my mixer online and it was $49.99. Two covers for the bowls are $9.99.

Chef Endora said:
Choose the set. They are one of my favorite products. The 4 qt. one can be used with the Kitchen Aid stand mixer as an extra bowl I use this as a selling point. I recently priced a 2nd SS bowl for my mixer online and it was $49.99. Two covers for the bowls are $9.99.

Be careful about promoting the bowls this way - for safety reasons, HO does NOT recommend this.

I use my bowls constantly. Not the jumbo one a lot. (Only around the holidays and the family gatherings.)

The bowls are a solid seller for me. I sell a set at almost every cooking show.

pamperedlinda said:
Be careful about promoting the bowls this way - for safety reasons, HO does NOT recommend this.

Thanks! I never heard that.

I have used the 4 qt one without any problems. I don't do this alot, only in a pinch. I am careful to warn them not to leave it unattended. Maybe I shouldn't mention it at all.

Chef Endora said:
Thanks! I never heard that.

I have used the 4 qt one without any problems. I don't do this alot, only in a pinch. I am careful to warn them not to leave it unattended. Maybe I shouldn't mention it at all.

It doesn't fit my kitchenaid so I think it depends on the model. I would not mention it - it could damage the SS bowl for one thing.

I have the set and use them pretty often..I earned the big one and have never used it, as Kitchen Guy mentioned, I don't cook for the army very often either.

I just had a customer order the big one and she emailed me and wants to return it, she says it is so big she had no idea where to put it, what to make for it, etc.

My husband learned the hard way not to put hot popcorn in them! Talk about tranferring heat! Ouch!

chefsteph07 said:
I have the set and use them pretty often..I earned the big one and have never used it, as Kitchen Guy mentioned, I don't cook for the army very often either.

I just had a customer order the big one and she emailed me and wants to return it, she says it is so big she had no idea where to put it, what to make for it, etc.

My husband learned the hard way not to put hot popcorn in them! Talk about tranferring heat! Ouch!

I earned the big one too and very seldom use it. When it was the host special I carried it and used it for my "garbage bowl" then carried my dirty dishes home in it. That worked well. I don't use it often either but the tupperware bowl I used to use for those large mixing jobs (like fruit salad for a crowd) is getting - well you know how those plastic bowls get after a while - so I'm glad to have it even if it is only used once in a blue moon.

Good tip about the popcorn - I hadn't thought of that!

pampcheflisa said:
I never use metal in mine because it can scrap it up. I only use the scrapers.

Related to Anyone Have the Stainless Steel Bowls?

1. What is the difference between the stainless steel bowl set and the big stainless steel bowl?

The stainless steel bowl set includes multiple sizes, while the big stainless steel bowl is a single larger size. It ultimately depends on your specific needs and cooking habits.

2. Are the stainless steel bowls dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our stainless steel bowls are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. Can I use these bowls for both cooking and serving?

Absolutely! Our stainless steel bowls are versatile and can be used for both cooking and serving food.

4. How durable are these bowls?

Our stainless steel bowls are made with high-quality materials and are designed to be durable and long-lasting. They can withstand heavy use in the kitchen.

5. Can I use metal utensils with these bowls?

Yes, our stainless steel bowls are safe to use with metal utensils. They are resistant to scratches and dents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • General Chat