• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stainless Steel 12" Covered Skillet....

In summary, the stainless steel skillet is a great option for those who want to cook with enhanced flavors. It is easy to use and does not require a lot of heat.
Karen
Gold Member
Who has it and loves it?

Who has it and isn't in love with it?

I'm leaning (heavily) to choose this as my free cookware piece for my qualified recruit, however as mentioned in a previous post, I am intimidated by the s/s cookware. What recipes do you make with it, what are the "secrets" of cooking with stainless steel that makes it enjoyable to use.

Thanks for any input!

This is what I'm going to get when my recruit qualifies. :thumbup: When you cook with SS cookware, the flavors are more enhanced. Just heat it on medium high, preheating it. You need to use oil in the pan and then when you put meat in the pan, put it down and don't move it. Once it comes in contact with the pan, it will stick there until it is cooked. When it's ready to be flipped or turned, it will release well. The problem people have with using SS is that they put the heat too high or they try to move things around in the pan too quickly. The pan heats up fast, so there's no need to put it on super high. ;)

I "ditto" Babywings76. I have the 12" S/S and love it! I make everything in it, but I must confess that I prefer S/S over non-stick generally for everything except fried eggs.

I even make skillet cakes in mine with the Pam for baking. Love my stainless skillet!

Thanks everyone. I feel MUCH better about my decision to get the S/S 12" Skillet. Off I go to make my selection....

I think it's an excellent choice!
My fave recipe in stainless is chicken parmigiana cutlets.

Package of chicken breasts (about 1.5. lbs, I think)
1/3 cup italian breadcrumbs &1/3 cup grated parmesan mixed together in a bowl
1 egg lightly beaten in another bowl

Pound the cutlets with meat tenderizer, while about 2 tablesppons of olive oil heats in the pan over medium-high heat.

Cook on each side until golden brown. These are delicious!
They do no turn out as well in the non-stick executive pan.

dip in egg, then the cheese mixture.

Because I don't have any stainless steel, I chose th 12" skillet as my reward for making my sales goal as a new consultant in my first 30 days.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! It is fabulous, and I am pretty much using it for everything. It cooks so fast and evenly...very nice quality.

I haven't had any trouble with anything sticking. Now I want more of the SS cookware!

I have the small stainless skillet and have used it once or twice. It now has dots on it... that I can't get off, so I don't even show it. Not sure what's up with that. anyone else have issues with the stainless ?

Use barkeeper's friend, and those should come right off.

I got mine about a week ago and I love it. I had borrowed my director's first b/c I had a hostess who wanted to buy and use it at the show. I had been using hers to get comfortable w/ it and I am.
The Stainless Cleaner will help get rid of spots and marks. Stainless doesn't mean Stainless.... kind of ironic.
I really like it. I made homemade spaghetti sauce in it last night and I really love it. I like it for chicken, and we did fish one night. Also did turkey patties. Haven't not liked it for anything yet.

I've had it for a year, and if I had to, I could survive with this ONE PIECE of cookware! I love it!!!

1. How big is the Stainless Steel 12" Covered Skillet?

The Stainless Steel 12" Covered Skillet has a diameter of 12 inches, making it perfect for cooking larger meals and dishes.

2. Is the skillet oven-safe?

Yes, the Stainless Steel 12" Covered Skillet is oven-safe up to 400°F, making it versatile for a variety of cooking methods.

3. Can I use metal utensils with this skillet?

Yes, the Stainless Steel 12" Covered Skillet is durable and can withstand the use of metal utensils without scratching or damaging the surface.

4. Does the skillet have a non-stick coating?

No, the Stainless Steel 12" Covered Skillet does not have a non-stick coating. However, the stainless steel surface is naturally non-stick when properly preheated and oiled.

5. Can I put this skillet in the dishwasher?

Yes, the Stainless Steel 12" Covered Skillet is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, hand washing is recommended to prolong the life of the skillet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NOLA RN
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pattybrady
  • nancyk325
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • BadGirl