• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Crazy About the Stainless Steel Pans

In summary, Nancydo not like the Stainless Steel Cookware because it sticks to everything. She recommends returning them for the Executive set.
nancyk325
One of my August hosts did not take advantage of the host special so I purchased both the 5 and 7 piece sets of Stainless Steel Cookware. I have been using it now for about 3 weeks and am not liking it very much. What am I doing wrong? everything sticks. I realize the are not non-stick but I do use pam or butter and still things stick like glue. I am thinking about returning them for the Exe. Cookware but thought I would check to see if any one has the Stainless and loves them. I could use some advice. Thanks

Nancy

do you cook on high? I dont have them but everything I have heard is to cook them on med heat. One of my downline had that same issue and now she loves them

What are you cooking in it? I always make sure to use enough oil (if making chicken or such) and I won't ever make eggs in it - always use my non-stick. I love my 12" Stainless Skillet - the food I make in it just tastes wonderful and I'm glad to have both that and the Executive cookware. If you can't get it completely clean - have you tried our Stainless Cleaner? Or even Bar Keeper's Friend works like a charm.

Proteins stick to cookware until they are completely cooked OR if they are burned they will stick. You need to preheat your pans to a hot temp., add your oil then add your food. Wait a few minutes for the food to cook before you flip or stir.

ALWAYS preheat your cookware before using. Preheat stainless cookware at a HOT temp. When your pan is hot that is the time to add a good amount of oil and your food on top of the oil.

I was accustomed to using Teflon coated pots & pans prior to becoming a consultant with TPC. The first thing that I learned is to lower the heat with SS. It makes a HUGE difference. I didn't think that I would like the stainless, but hubby insisted that we buy it. After using it for a while, I did a 180 on my opinion. I love it now & have been using it for about 15 or so months. ;)

Cooking with SS is truly an art. And you HAVE to use oil, sometimes copious amounts.I would poke around the All Clad site--maybe there are some tips there.

I agree w/ everything stated above, I turn down the heat when I cook in them and never anything like eggs either...but it's GREAT for chicken and steak!

Maybe you could return just one of the sets, and get the Executive- so you have some of both?

I'd return them and get the executive pans. You'll be much happier in the long run.

If I have to work as hard as all of the above posts say in order to cook, then I'm not going to do it at all. I want to be able to just use my pans, not study, and practice, and perfect an art form.:rolleyes:

The I agree with all of the above tips. I have both 7 piece sets... I got the stainless free from that Jan/ feb promotion we had this year. The main thing is to heat for about 5 minutes before adding oil. That allows the pores of the pan to open and lubricate.
The benefit of the stainless is that you CAN cook over higher heat, so that blackening and searing certain dishes is possible, whereas with the executive ( my preference for everyday) you have to keep the temp at around medium.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'd return them and get the executive pans. You'll be much happier in the long run.

If I have to work as hard as all of the above posts say in order to cook, then I'm not going to do it at all. I want to be able to just use my pans, not study, and practice, and perfect an art form.:rolleyes:

That's my thought!

I love my stainless for boiling water, and cooking my pasta and veggies. It boils so fast! I'm investing in the 12 inch ss this month. It's best to have both sets. I have the 7 piece executive and the 5 piece stainless. If i had to purchase the set's again, I'd have the 7 piece ss and the 5 piece executive.

I have the full sets of BOTH the stainless and the Executive cookware. Almost exclusively, I almost always reach for the stainless over the Executive. The only time I use the Executive is when I cook eggs. All other times I use the stainless.

I find that I am most successful at cooking in the stainless when I use a temperature in the low to medium-high range. Anything cooked on high does tend to stick.

It's great for meats and sauces/gravies.I tell people that they do not want to cook eggs in it. The Furry Guy says you can if you use 1/2" of bacon grease. I have to agree. You may not make it through breakfast before the coronary happens, but your eggs won't stick. :)

We were having this discussion at a show in Aug and one of my good customers whom I knew had stainless said very emphatically that the 10" SS Saute was her favorite for cooking eggs and she'd never have another so I tossed into the mix that she wouldn't have to have another because she had the best in SS and a lifetime warranty to boot! I told her to get some Exec. and she'd have the best of both worlds! I love both for different kinds of cooking. I think I am going to try to get the SS Stockpot sometime.

It's all about preference. If you'd like to sear meat, cook sauces, etc. SS is the way to go. It IS a bit of an art form, and you will get used to it. But if you just want a pan that you can throw your food in and go SS is not for you.I, personally, am a SS person. I have the 12" executive skillet and of course the small one that came in our kit, and can't wait to get the grill pan. Three pieces of executive is great for me for pancakes, eggs, omelets, and grilling. Otherwise it's SS for me all the way! EVOO is a staple in our household ;)

That is what I was thinking too. Especially because I am still within the 30 days of shipment so I will not have to pay to send it back.

No I am using med or so but I do think it would take some practice to learn how to cook in them. Thanks for the response.

Thank you all for the great advise. I know I could count on getting good info. I think I will return the 7 piece set for the Executive and keep the 5 piece. Then as I get better at it can add to both sets. Have a great night.

as stated both have their purpose in the kitchen.
have you ever noticed when cooking with the stainless that there are little bit's of cooked food on the bottom of the pan? those are little bit's of flavor just waiting for you. so you deglaze the pan by putting a liquid in the pan and using a spatula to scoop up the flavor and mix it in. you would do this for gravies, and sauces.
you wont get that with non stick and will miss out on some really amazing flavor.

I have the 7 pc and love, love LOVE it. I tend to use the sauce pans and stock pot frequently. I love stirring them with metal. But I do have to say that I don't love washing it in the dishwasher, just to re-wash with stainless cleaner.Proteins do tend to stick ... but as mentioned before, they make great gravies. A little stainless cleaner makes it dissolve rapidly, however.I do have to say that I much prefer it for things like rice ... they seal nicely and boil fast. I use the family skillet for stir-fry. I may cut the pork and noodle skillet recipe in half and try it in my 10 inch stainless and see what the flavor difference is.

jmallonee said:
as stated both have their purpose in the kitchen.
have you ever noticed when cooking with the stainless that there are little bit's of cooked food on the bottom of the pan? those are little bit's of flavor just waiting for you. so you deglaze the pan by putting a liquid in the pan and using a spatula to scoop up the flavor and mix it in. you would do this for gravies, and sauces.
you wont get that with non stick and will miss out on some really amazing flavor.
Those little bits are called Fond.And it's not true that you don't get them w/ the PC nonstick. I still get it even with nonstick.

1. Why are the stainless steel pans not non-stick?

The stainless steel material used in our pans does not have a non-stick coating like traditional non-stick pans. However, with proper use and care, food should not stick to the surface.

2. Are the stainless steel pans safe to use?

Yes, our stainless steel pans are completely safe to use for cooking. The material does not leach harmful chemicals into your food, making it a healthier option than non-stick pans.

3. Can I use metal utensils with these pans?

Yes, the stainless steel material is durable and can withstand the use of metal utensils. However, using metal utensils may cause scratches on the surface of the pan.

4. Do I need to season the pans before use?

No, our stainless steel pans do not require seasoning like cast iron pans. However, we recommend seasoning the pans with a small amount of oil before the first use to enhance the non-stick properties.

5. How do I clean and maintain these pans?

We recommend hand washing the pans with warm soapy water and a soft sponge to preserve their non-stick abilities. Avoid using harsh abrasives and metal scrubbers. For tough stains, soak the pan in warm water before cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Karen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gigi425
  • ivykeep