• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I effectively remove gray marks from stainless steel on SA pieces?

In summary, the grey marks on stainless steel plates can be removed using either Bar Keepers Friend or Soft Scrub. If the marks are stubborn, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers may work.
legacypc46
Gold Member
I remembered hearing on a PC CD about using a baking soda(?) mixture to remove the gray marks caused by stainless steel on the SA pieces.

I've done a search but coudln't find the "formula"...does anyone have it?

Thanks!

Bar Keepers Friend or Soft Scrub!

Just baking soda and water to make a paste.

I use Bar Keepers Friend.

Bar Keeper's Friend is amazing stuff!

The grey marks on SA (or any other plates) is actually metal from utensils. It wears off the flatware as it rubs on the surface of the plate.

You can also use Correll cleaner.

That Bar Keeper's Friend is pretty awesome, but it kind of stinks...reminds me of my old HS locker room. Yuck!

I'm ditto'ing the Bar keepers friend!
that stuff is the BEST!

Thanks everyone!

I have triedBar Keepers Friend ans Soft scrub and neither of them work for beans. I will definately try the baking soda and see if that works.

Black marks hmmm..I've seen threads before about black marks on SA and you know I use my SA for my everyday plates and bowls and I have never had black marks on them. I always hand wash my plates maybe thats why.

Maybe try those Mr.Clean magic erasers?

I can't believe Bar Keepers Friend didn't work for you! I love the stuff. Used to use it to keep my porceline sink sparkling white. I've even used it to get permanent marker off my white countertop!

I second the idea of Mr. Clean Magic Eraser... hmmm... maybe I should start a promo... spend xx dollars on SA and get a free cleaning tool (a magic eraser)....

GourmetGirl said:
I second the idea of Mr. Clean Magic Eraser... hmmm... maybe I should start a promo... spend xx dollars on SA and get a free cleaning tool (a magic eraser)....

Gee maybe you could call the company and we could get a deal on them:D

OOOOOH! The magic eraser! I do like that! I'll have to give that a whirl! I have a few pieces that have tougher stains that the Bar Keeper's Friend doesn't seem to be completely erasing.

What causes gray marks on my Pampered Chef stoneware?

Gray marks on stoneware can be caused by a buildup of food residue and oils from cooking. The marks are harmless and can easily be removed with proper cleaning techniques.

How do I clean the gray marks off my stoneware?

To clean gray marks off your stoneware, use a non-abrasive scrub brush or sponge with warm water and a small amount of dish soap. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the stoneware surface.

Can I put my stoneware in the dishwasher to remove gray marks?

It is not recommended to put stoneware in the dishwasher to remove gray marks. The dishwasher may not be able to remove the buildup of food residue and oils. Additionally, the high heat and harsh detergents can damage the stoneware surface.

How can I prevent gray marks from appearing on my stoneware?

To prevent gray marks, make sure to properly season your stoneware before first use. Also, avoid cooking foods with high sugar or acidic content, as they can cause the marks to appear. Regularly cleaning and maintaining your stoneware will also help prevent gray marks.

Can I still use my stoneware if it has gray marks?

Yes, you can still use your stoneware even if it has gray marks. The marks will not affect the performance of the stoneware and will not transfer to your food. However, if the marks bother you, they can be easily removed with proper cleaning techniques.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
emo812
  • jessicafawn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Veevahchef
Replies