• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Clean Burnt Stainless Steel Pot: Tips and Tricks for Easy Cleaning

In summary, someone left their hot apple cider on low in a saucepan and it scorched. They tried to clean it with baking soda and oxyclean but it didn't work. They followed the advice of others and soaked the pan in water and dishwasher detergent. They also tried super hot water and dryer sheet. All of these methods worked.
peichef
I did something really stupidc today. I was heating apple cider on low & left it (planning to be out of the room for only a minte). I got side-tracked & came back to a scorched SS saucepan -- not PC, thank goodness, but still a very high quality piece.

So far I have put it back on the burner with water, brought to a boil (hoping to deglaze the pan). Most of the cahrred bits have come off, but there are still some blackened spots on the pot.

I have done the baking soda scrub - no luck. Should I go at it with our SS cleaner?? What about adding vinegar to the water & boiling that??

Suggestions, anyone??

TIA.

Yes, use our SS cleaner. But follow the directions--everything must be DRY--the pot and the rag--for it to work best.

tried it. no luck. but not sure everything was 100% dry. I'll try it again later. thanks Deb.

Another thing to try--fill with water and put a dryer sheet in it. Let it sit overnight. That should soften everything up and hopefully you can get it off then.

Wow that is great advice Deb - NOW How do I get muddy muck out of my son's soccer jersey? I have oxycleaned it, soaked it in Oxyclean and TIDE - Its bright yellow and royal blue - they played yesterday on a field that had goose terd everywhere and was saturated wet and muddy -

Sorry for the highjack!

Also try soaking super hot water and dishwasher detergent in the pan!!!

Eewww! Can you burn it and get a new one?

DebbieJ said:
Another thing to try--fill with water and put a dryer sheet in it. Let it sit overnight. That should soften everything up and hopefully you can get it off then.

I ditto this! I used to have to do it all the time when I used to buy the noodles and sauce because no matter how low I turned the burner (2 or 3) it would STILL burn and then I'd have a yucky mess. I'd add 1/2 a dryer sheet with water, leave for a few hours or overnight and VOILA! good as new!

Related to How to Clean Burnt Stainless Steel Pot: Tips and Tricks for Easy Cleaning

1. How can I remove burnt food from my stainless steel pot?

To remove burnt food from your stainless steel pot, you can try soaking it in a mixture of hot water and dish soap for at least 30 minutes. Then, use a non-abrasive scrubbing pad or a mixture of baking soda and water to gently scrub away the burnt residue. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft cloth.

2. Can I use steel wool on my stainless steel pot?

No, it is not recommended to use steel wool on your stainless steel pot as it can scratch and damage the surface. Instead, opt for a non-abrasive scrubbing pad or a mixture of baking soda and water for a gentle but effective cleaning solution.

3. How do I get rid of stubborn burnt stains on my stainless steel pot?

If soaking and scrubbing with a gentle cleaner does not remove the stubborn burnt stains, you can try using a specialized stainless steel cleaner. Follow the instructions on the cleaner and make sure to rinse and dry the pot thoroughly afterwards.

4. Is it safe to use vinegar to clean my stainless steel pot?

Yes, vinegar is a safe and effective cleaner for stainless steel pots. You can mix equal parts of white vinegar and water and use it to soak and scrub away burnt residue. Make sure to rinse and dry the pot afterwards.

5. Can I use a dishwasher to clean my stainless steel pot?

It is generally not recommended to clean stainless steel pots in the dishwasher as the high heat and harsh detergents can damage the surface and cause discoloration. It is best to hand wash your stainless steel pot with a gentle cleaner and dry it with a soft cloth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • gilliandanielle