• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

12" Skillet or Something Else???

In summary, the 12" skillet is a great piece of cookware to take to shows and is versatile for many different recipes. The Chef's Knife is a good investment but can be purchased later if desired.
emmabelle47
I'm setting up a cooking show for my mom, so in return, she's letting me use one of her 60% off products. I'm a new consultant and am trying to decide the best piece that would help my sales. I've been looking at the 12" skillet. I've seen some recipes that look really good- does anyone actually use the skillet in their shows? If not the skillet, what else? I have the DCB already. I was looking at the 7" Santoku, but that would be more of a personal use object (for my husband- who LOVES to cook) and not so much for shows. What does everyone else suggest???

Either the 12-inch Skillet or the Grill Pan would be my choice. Both are great pieces to take to shows and use as a booking tool.

Get the skillet! If you want the santoku, wait until April or your 4th month, those are both kit enhancement months, you can get it at 40% off.

Buy the Chef's Knife before you buy the Santoku.12" Skillet is awesome, too.

DebbieJ said:
Buy the Chef's Knife before you buy the Santoku.

12" Skillet is awesome, too.

Totally agree with that!

But buy the skillet before the knife!

12" skillet! You can use it for many different kinds of recipes.

Thanks for all the quick replies! I was leaning towards the skillet, I just wanted to make sure other people agreed. I just saw so many great sounding recipes for it, more than the 8" saute pan the kit came with. My next question is how to sneak it into the house without my husband noticing?! :) lol

Make him a cake (turtle fudge, pineapple upside down or the new pina colada upside down) or a Green Chile Frittata (if he's not a dessert guy) and maybe he'll forgive you!

Enjoy!

Hey Emma, a very good friend of mine lives in Wolverine -- I think that's close to you.

Definately the 12" skillet. And you can use the old line "what this old thing? It's been in the cupboard for awhile." ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Totally agree with that!

But buy the skillet before the knife!
I second that, or is it I third that!:)

emmabelle47 said:
Thanks for all the quick replies! I was leaning towards the skillet, I just wanted to make sure other people agreed. I just saw so many great sounding recipes for it, more than the 8" saute pan the kit came with. My next question is how to sneak it into the house without my husband noticing?! :) lol

LOL - if it was my husband, he would have no clue if I had a new skillet....:D

DebbieJ said:

That's an interesting thought. I actually earned the Santuko free (it was that well-loved Cluster incentive the first month I was a consultant!), and I fell in love with it! I eventually bought the Chef's Knife, but have never used it. It's so funny how people like different things... I like seeing other people's perspectives on here. It's a good reminder to all of us that what we may like or dislike may be totally opposite from our hosts and customers (and fellow consultants! ;) ).

It did strike me funny how this is the 3rd time today I've seen someone ask a question about cookware. You can tell there's a good special next month!

Tammy

LOL - if it was my husband, he would have no clue if I had a new skillet

lol Mine would but I'd have to fight him to get to use it first. He's scared to use my 8" because he doesn't want to take the chance of messing it up.

emmabelle47 said:

If your husband cooks, the first time he uses it he'll forgive you! LOL

skillet! I earned mine in the November panorama and love it! I have used it at all my shows this month. Soup. I brought a hot plate and would prepare everything right on the kitchen table. Next month I'm making the turtle fudge skillet cake or Tamale Verde Skillet. I'm showcasing the cookware and the business since I earned these for free.

DebbieJ said:

I have both knives and rarely use the chef's knife. I use the Santuko every day and I take it to all shows - people who already have that quality knives often don't have a Santuko...

I vote for the skillet first though!

BethCooks4U said:
I have both knives and rarely use the chef's knife. I use the Santuko every day and I take it to all shows - people who already have that quality knives often don't have a Santuko...

And I'm the opposite. It may be from years of using a chef's knife in my other business, but I am much more comfortable with a chef's knife - rarely use the Santoku......although I do love and use the green mini santoku on a daily basis, and would LOVE a forged cutlery version.

But (Again) Get the skillet first! In my experience, WAY more people book for cookware than knives!

OOOOOOHhhhh now I am kicking myself!I had the opportunity to order a piece at 60 percent off too .... I chose the DCB and now I wish I'd gotten the skillet! It's my kit enhancement month too and now I have a host who wants a beach theme ... the pina colada cake would be so perfect for that and I only have one saute pan to my name!

chefjeanine said:
Hey Emma, a very good friend of mine lives in Wolverine -- I think that's close to you.

Yeah! Only like 10 minutes away. What's their name?

Thanks for all the help everyone! My husband works out of town right now so it'll be awhile before he notices. But trust me, he'll notice. Although I know he'll love it once he uses it. I'll just tell him I earned it. :) He'll never know the difference.

BethCooks4U said:

I totally agree!!

1. What is the size of the "12" Skillet or Something Else?"

The "12" Skillet or Something Else" refers to a 12-inch skillet, which is the standard size for a large skillet. It can hold about 3 quarts of food and is perfect for cooking for a family or hosting a dinner party.

2. Is the "12" Skillet or Something Else?" oven-safe?

Yes, the "12" Skillet or Something Else" is oven-safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes it perfect for dishes that require both stovetop and oven cooking, such as casseroles or frittatas.

3. Can I use metal utensils with the "12" Skillet or Something Else?"

Yes, the "12" Skillet or Something Else" is made with a durable non-stick coating that can withstand the use of metal utensils. However, we recommend using silicone or wooden utensils to prolong the life of the non-stick coating.

4. How do I clean the "12" Skillet or Something Else?"

The "12" Skillet or Something Else" is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water for best results. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the non-stick coating.

5. Is the "12" Skillet or Something Else?" suitable for all stovetops?

Yes, the "12" Skillet or Something Else" is suitable for all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. It also has a flat bottom, making it stable and safe to use on all stovetop surfaces.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• linojackie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • BadGirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • legacypc46