• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wife's Skillet & Lid Ruined by DH - Lifetime Warranty?

In summary, the host's friend has issues with her skillet and lid from using it after the show in February. The host has not heard from the actual host herself, but has recommended the Stainless Cleaner to her. The host is expecting to receive the skillet back from the friend.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
My sister told me today that her friend who had a show in February and got the 12" Executive Skillet and lid at 60% off now has issues with the skillet and lid. Apparently her DH was cooking something and went outside and forgot it was on the stove. When he came back in it was all black! The wife was so mad at him and couldn't get it clean. Would this be something that is covered by the lifetime warranty? I haven't heard from the actual host herself but was going to call her and let her know.

Not sure, but you can call/email HO and see about it. She will probably have to send the skillet back if it is covered. I had to do that one time and it was pretty expensive for shipping, but so worth it!

My neighbor has done the same thing. She had to send the skillet back but they sent her a replacement!:)

This sounds like abuse in use. You might better not call until you hear from her. They probably know full well that it is not a warranty problem. If she
does call, then tell her to look on the back of her receipt for the number to
contact, and let her do the follow-through. Remember, you did not receive
commission on that sale but you may be building good customer service
reputation, if you do. Did she have a good party total, and is she likely to
have a repeat party for you? Those are all things to consider.

I had a host who bought the Stainless Family Skillet. When she was at work her DH thought if he put the lid on the skillet it would heat up the oil he put in the pan faster. Can I say ... FIRE!!!! She called and her skillet is all black. I called HO (even though I knew the answer) and no warranty. This was their error, not the performance of the pan. She still uses it, but it just isn't shiny any more.

Have you recommended the Stainless Cleaner to them (or offered to let them borrow yours)? Might be a huge boost to your sales of the cleaner if it works. I had some Stainless Cookware (not PC) that looked pretty bad, and I was AMAZED at how well the cleaner worked. :chef:

pamperedtara said:
Have you recommended the Stainless Cleaner to them (or offered to let them borrow yours)? Might be a huge boost to your sales of the cleaner if it works. I had some Stainless Cookware (not PC) that looked pretty bad, and I was AMAZED at how well the cleaner worked. :chef:

I AGREE! A host of mine gave me her small saucepan... she had put eggs in to hard boil and forgot about them. She gave it to me to return and when I looked closer, I realized that the pan was scorched, not damaged. So I put the stainless cleaner on it and you can hardly tell!!!! Can't wait to get it back to her this week!

I haven't called HO or the customer. This was an off hand remark my sister made to me. The host was a prior consultant. My sister thinks she may have even thrown the lid away. I'll give her a call or send her an email and find out what happened.

wadesgirl said:
My sister told me today that her friend who had a show in February and got the 12" Executive Skillet and lid at 60% off now has issues with the skillet and lid. Apparently her DH was cooking something and went outside and forgot it was on the stove. When he came back in it was all black! The wife was so mad at him and couldn't get it clean. Would this be something that is covered by the lifetime warranty? I haven't heard from the actual host herself but was going to call her and let her know.

Since the show was in February, just process the adjustment on-line. No questions asked, and they'll just want you to return the old one and then they will ship out a new one.

Sometimes online adjustments are just better. "Less is more"

I wonder if she had gas or electric. I let my 12" on the stove on simmer for 7 hours the other day with nothing in it other that leftover bits of sauce and the lid on. I didn't realize the flame was still on. that night my DH noticed. The pan and lid were perfectly fine, I was shocked.

Becky0216 said:
I wonder if she had gas or electric. I let my 12" on the stove on simmer for 7 hours the other day with nothing in it other that leftover bits of sauce and the lid on. I didn't realize the flame was still on. that night my DH noticed. The pan and lid were perfectly fine, I was shocked.
I did the same thing when the stove was on low. I didn't have the lid on it though so it just extra baked on the left over spaghetti sauce. Amazingly though it cleaned up like a breeze. A normal pan would have had to soak forever.

What does the lifetime warranty cover?

The lifetime warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship for the lifetime of the product. This includes damage caused by normal wear and tear.

Does the warranty cover accidental damage?

No, the warranty does not cover accidental damage. It only applies to defects in materials or workmanship.

What should I do if my skillet and lid are ruined?

If your skillet and lid are ruined due to defects in materials or workmanship, you can contact our customer service team to initiate a warranty claim. They will guide you through the process and provide a resolution.

How long does the warranty last?

The lifetime warranty lasts for the lifetime of the product. This means that as long as you own the skillet and lid, it is covered under the warranty.

Do I need to provide proof of purchase for the warranty to be valid?

Yes, you will need to provide proof of purchase for the warranty to be valid. This can include a receipt, order confirmation, or other documentation that shows the date of purchase and the product name.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ksmedic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef