• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Citrus Press or Juicer Which Would You Choose?

In summary, both the juicer and the press can be used for different purposes, but the press is easier to use and is more cost effective.
jesusluvsu2005
I'm trying to decide, which would y'all choose if you could only have one? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I LOVE the citrus press! However, depends on what you are using it for. If you are using for Oranges mainly then get the juicer. Citrus press mainly fits lemons, limes, and small citrus fruits. Whereas juicer will fit all. However, I use the citrus press more for shows!

PRESS..... pick the press.... I LOVE IT

I use the juicer more often the citrus press is a little more difficult to use. takes a lot for me to squeeze it!

I love the citrus press, I think I have used my juicer maybe twice ever.

Press!!! I LOVE that thing!!!! I haven't tried it with oranges though.
I make lemonade with my press all of the time!

The press! It's awesome.

I use the press for many of my demos and sell a ton of them. I use the Juice about 5x a year at shows and have never sold one that I can recall.

I use the press all the time and the juicer rarely.

We made the Mojitos at my last show. The host made them while I set up for the show. She misread the instructions and sliced all the citrus. I did have both tools there because of the oranges (often too large for the press). Well, I learned something. If the fruit is too large to fit in the press just cut it into slices and put it in the press. Works GREAT to get ALL that juice out!

Just a quick tip I learned at my meeting last month. If the oranges are too big for the citrus press cut them into quarters and voila. Works like a charm.

Have a great day everyone! You guys are great.

To be honest I have and use both and would be hard pressed to decide which one to get I would get BOTH of them!!

Juicer. You can't measure in the citrus press and some recipes require this. I have both but I don't use either one very often (unless it is for a show recipe).

chefjeanine said:
Juicer. You can't measure in the citrus press and some recipes require this. I have both but I don't use either one very often (unless it is for a show recipe).
It's easy just to squeeze into a measuring cup.

I LOVE my citrus press!

Another vote for Citrus Press.

Press, all the way. It always wows customers at shows, and because the pulp doesn't get scraped out of the fruit (like when using the juicer), there's less pulp in the recipe and to clean up. You can always quarter oranges to squeeze them (that's what we did at a meeting last week when my AD couldn't find her juicer).

CITRUS PRESS!!!

(unless, as stated above, you will be doing mostly oranges)

CITRUS PRESS!! Hands down!! I do demo both at shows to show off 2 or 3 tools but use the press mostly.

Plus isn't the press more than the juicer? I guess I've never even looked at the juicer so I couldn't tell you the price difference.

PampMomof3 said:
I do demo both at shows to show off 2 or 3 tools but use the press mostly.

I do this too.

By the way, my aunt bought one and was reading the instructions because she was confused on how to use it. Normally you place it cut side down and it inverts the whole rind. It suggests for larger fruits to use it cut side up like a regular juicer and tip it to the side to let the juice come out that way. So it doubles and a press and a juicer.

:thumbup:
wadesgirl said:
It's easy just to squeeze into a measuring cup.

Thus giving you the opportunity to show off TWO tools!:thumbup:

I guess both would be good, but personally, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my citrus press!!

love the citrus press :)

Citrus press - it's a nice metal tool.
The juicer is plastic and doesn't get as much juice out.

My vote's for the Press! I LOVE it!

I would choose the press, I cut up oranges and press the juice right into a cup and its yummy...

Citrus Press ;)

great question. I was wondering the same thing!

THE PRESS!!! THE PRESS!!! Did I mention THE PRESS????!!!! LOL!:eek::D:D;)
It' is so flippin awesome!!!! EVERYTIME I demo this, I sell a couple of them. I could demo the juicer and not sell one! The juicer is okay, and worked great to me BEFORE the press! The Press is easier to use and never hurts your wrist, like mine did when I use to use it (weak wrists, I guess!:rolleyes:)
Plus the press costs a little more than the juicer! But is soooo worth it! Plus that just means higher sales for you!

BethCooks4U said:
I use the press all the time and the juicer rarely.

We made the Mojitos at my last show. The host made them while I set up for the show. She misread the instructions and sliced all the citrus. I did have both tools there because of the oranges (often too large for the press). Well, I learned something. If the fruit is too large to fit in the press just cut it into slices and put it in the press. Works GREAT to get ALL that juice out!

Great tip Beth!!! Thanks for sharing this with us! Got to love those "helpful" hosts! I was one though, bought the lady shredded cheese!!:eek: (hanging my head in shame!!:blushing:)
It's so good when our tools can even fix small errors!

chefann said:
Press, all the way. It always wows customers at shows, and because the pulp doesn't get scraped out of the fruit (like when using the juicer), there's less pulp in the recipe and to clean up. You can always quarter oranges to squeeze them (that's what we did at a meeting last week when my AD couldn't find her juicer).

And when you do get pulp in the juice you are going to use in your key lime pie and if you are lucky enough to have just been zesting the limes, you can use your microplane as a quick strainer to get the pulp and seeds out of your juice!

Another vote for the press. I had never sold 1 of them, until I started using it at shows. Now I sell a couple every time I demo it. I think the catalog doesn't do it justice. It's one of those products that customers have to see/ hold / use to buy.

I will use the press every time-unless it is simply TOO ginormous and won't fit...I have sold so many of these at my shows since I started bringing them. Now that I am making the TRiple Citrus Mojitos at my shows a lot lately I have actually been selling both of the tools mentioned because guests are seeing that they each have their place in the kitchen. And that will increase the sales even more...woohoo! :sing:

Citrus Press! I sell more of these when I show it. I sell the juicer just from the catalog (everyone knows what a juicer is, but the citrus press is something "new") - JMO!

Another vote for the press. I have both, but :love::love:love my press.

Press. I rarely have a need for a juice but I use the press all the time.

Press - my mom says its the best she has ever tried. I like it - it's real easy to use.

Love Love Love the press. It's one of my personal 10 ten PC items.

I choose the press too. You probably have already made your decision after all the votes for the press.

I actually bought the Juicer because I needed it for a recipe. I didn't realize there was a Citrus Press until after I purchased the Juicer. It was an older recipe, and PC must not have had the Press yet.

Press, but I do use the juicer when I want to measure out a certain amount.

I love to press into one of the Easy Read Measuring Cups!

Thanks guys for so many opinions. I really appreciate it! Unfortunately I was having issues with sending in my kit enhancement order and the order got sent in with the juicer instead of the press. I am going to exchange it when I get it though. I'll get the press instead. Thanks everyone!
God bless,
Amanda

I love the citrus press and like to demo it at shows with the prep bowls for measuring. I have one guest squeeze one half of lemon/lime by hand into a bowl and the other uses the citrus press and we compare side by side. The real kicker comes when I take the hand squeezed half and juice it again using the press! It's amazing to see how much more juice is extracted and I sell a lot of them. I think the press is also a great example of how sturdy and solid PC products are so I always pass it around for guests to handle after the demo.

What is the difference between a citrus press and a juicer?

A citrus press is specifically designed for extracting juice from citrus fruits, such as lemons, limes, and oranges. It uses a manual press to squeeze the juice out of the fruit. A juicer, on the other hand, can be used for a variety of fruits and vegetables and typically uses a motorized mechanism to extract juice.

Which one is more efficient?

Both a citrus press and a juicer can be efficient in their own ways. A citrus press is great for extracting large amounts of juice from citrus fruits quickly, while a juicer may take slightly longer but can extract juice from a wider variety of fruits and vegetables.

Is one easier to clean than the other?

Generally speaking, a citrus press may be easier to clean as it has fewer parts and can often be disassembled for easier washing. Juicers can have more components that need to be cleaned, but some models may have dishwasher-safe parts for convenience.

Can a citrus press be used for other types of fruits and vegetables?

A citrus press is specifically designed for citrus fruits and may not be as effective for other types of produce. However, some models may have attachments or features that allow for juicing other fruits and vegetables.

If you could only have one, which would you recommend?

It ultimately depends on personal preference and what types of fruits and vegetables you plan on juicing. If you primarily want to juice citrus fruits, a citrus press may be the better choice. If you want more versatility and the ability to juice a variety of produce, a juicer may be the better option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • Chef-in-Training
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef-in-Training
  • Janice Hirst