• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Citrus Press vs. Juicer: Differences and Preferences for New PC Users

In summary, the Citrus Press is not big enough to juice an orange or anything like that, but it gets alot more juice out with less effort. The juice catches the juice in it's bowl so if you're using it for actual juice to drink or need a large amount it's easier to measure. The juice pours out of a larger surface area with the press so you'd need to dirty an additional bowl to measure it before putting into a recipe. I have both and have almost never used the juicer because I mainly use squeezed citrus when squeezing a lemon or 2 into a recipe. Just depends on what purpose you want it for. The Juicer is great for older customers who has hand issues, can squeeze about 6 +
Chef-in-Training
Can someone please explain to me the difference between the Citrus Press and the Juicer? And, do you prefer one over the other? I'm new to PC (a/o Jan 1) and still learning a lot about cooking too!! TIA

Citrus press is not big enough to juice an orange or anything like that. Even some large lemons are too large for it (I just cut them into fourths) but it gets alot more juice out with less effort. It also depends how much juice you want. The juice catches the juice in it's bowl so if you're using it for actual juice to drink or need a large amount it's easier to measure. The juice pours out of a larger surface area with the press so you'd need to dirty an additional bowl to measure it before putting into a recipe. I have both and have almost never used the juicer because I mainly use squeezed citrus when squeezing a lemon or 2 into a recipe. Just depends on what purpose you want it for.

My hand starts hurting after 1/2 lemon if i have to juice it, the twisting motion is very tiring. I have parked it somewhere, i don't use it anymore.
However the press is great. I can even offer it to older customers who has hand issues. I can squeeze about 6 + lemons limes with no problems.

Btw i never measure, unless its a cake made from scratch, so using a measuring bowl is not an issue for me.

You can juice oranges in the citrus press, just cut them into wedges. I have both and only grab the juicer if I need a larger amount measured. I usually just guess but some recipies require more exact. I HATE to wash that juicer. The citrus press is so much easier to use and clean. love, love, LOVE it!

Ditto on preferring the press over the juicer. Nothing is too big for it, if cut into wedges. I too get a tired wrist from the twisting with the juicer.Somehow my juicer has gotten stained/discolored, though. It still works OK but I would not take it to a show, now.

I never even thought about cutting bigger items into wedges! Oooh now I know I can have a fresh squeezed glass of oj using my press :)

I use my citrus press almost daily, i squeeze it into one of our measuring tools and just pour into the recipe. you can cut anything to fit it!

Thank you all so much!!! I almost went with the juicer, but the citrus press it is!!!

What is the difference between a citrus press and a juicer?

A citrus press is specifically designed for squeezing juice out of citrus fruits, such as lemons, oranges, and limes. It uses a handheld lever to extract the juice from the fruit. A juicer, on the other hand, is a more versatile appliance that can handle a variety of fruits and vegetables, extracting juice from them through a spinning blade or pressing mechanism.

Can a citrus press be used for other fruits besides citrus?

No, a citrus press is not suitable for other fruits besides citrus. The design and mechanism of a citrus press are specifically tailored to extract juice from citrus fruits, and using it on other fruits may not yield the desired results.

Which is better for extracting the most juice - a citrus press or a juicer?

It depends on the type of fruit or vegetable being juiced. A citrus press is more efficient at extracting juice from citrus fruits, while a juicer is better for a wider range of produce. It is best to choose the appliance based on the specific fruits and vegetables you plan to juice.

Do I need to peel the fruit before using a citrus press or juicer?

For a citrus press, it is recommended to remove any seeds and peel the fruit before juicing. A juicer, on the other hand, can handle unpeeled fruits and vegetables, but it is recommended to remove any tough or inedible skins before juicing.

What are some benefits of using a citrus press or juicer?

Using a citrus press or juicer allows you to enjoy freshly squeezed juice without any added preservatives or artificial ingredients. It also allows you to control the level of pulp and extract the maximum amount of juice from your fruits and vegetables. Additionally, it can save time and effort compared to hand-squeezing juice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BadGirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KristinS
  • DebinNC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lauriedip
  • leftymac