• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Citrus Press to juice grapefruit?

krahema

Feb 23, 2010
Has anyone used their citrus press to juice a grapefruit or any other larger citrus fruit? I love how it works for lemons & limes, and recently a friend was telling me about a drink recipe she made that required the juice of 9 grapefruit! She said her hand was ready to fall off after juicing them on a standard juicer. I was thinking maybe you could quarter the fruit and still put it in the citrus press, but thought I would ask here to see if anyone has tried something similar.

Thanks!:chef:

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
I don't think it would work at all. I sometimes squish quartered oranges into it, but can't imagine a grapefruit fitting.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
I would think it would work exactly as well for grapefruit as for oranges. Just cut it into "quarters" (maybe 8ths if it's a large grapefruit) and press.

LeslieSGI

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
And don't forget the recent PC tip about using your whisk as a citrus reamer -- there was a picture in some of our materials showing how to do it. Basically hold the whisk below the handle right in the "whisk-y" part and ream away. Hope that makes sense.​

mrshamel3808

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2009
And don't forget the recent PC tip about using your whisk as a citrus reamer -- there was a picture in some of our materials showing how to do it. Basically hold the whisk below the handle right in the "whisk-y" part and ream away. Hope that makes sense.​

It looked really difficult and awkward when they demonstrate it in the Quesadilla Cup video. I can't imagine doing it that way! I'd rather just squeeze it with my hands. I also don't think it'd work with a grapefruit because of the size. It'd ream the very center but leave alot.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
The juicer would be better for this, I'd imagine. I bet the press would work, but it is more cutting. :) The whisk is a good alternative if you don't own a press. They've shown that tip before and I'm pretty sure it was so that new consultants wouldn't feel that they had to buy the press to demo that recipe.

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
I think regardless of whether you use the press or the juicer, at 9 grapefruits, your arm is going to be tired no matter what!

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I think regardless of whether you use the press or the juicer, at 9 grapefruits, your arm is going to be tired no matter what!

:D True, very true! :D

mrshamel3808

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2009
I actually think the juicer will be easier as well. We have a lemon tree that's heavy with fruit and I've been juicing them and freezing the juice in ziploc baggies to make lemonade in the future with and it goes alot faster than the press.

LilChefBeth

Novice Member
Dec 15, 2009
We have this really cool juicer by Black&Decker, (I know its not PC haha) but I love it. It was like 20 bucks and you plug it in and push down and the juicer rotates instead of you doing it manually. I juiced our entire lemon tree with it. After using that, theres no way I would ever go back to the old fashioned way haha.
But I do like the citrus press, although I agree, I don't think that it would be as effective in regards to jucing a grapefruit because of the design.

leftymac

Veteran Member
Jan 23, 2008

I tried that tip and it bent my stainless whisk.

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
In one of the demo videos, it shows the male chef in the Test Kitchen using the wise to ream a lime .. big, macho guy that he is had problems (and looked uncomfortable) using the whisk. Its one of those "tips" that looks better on paper than in reality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
otisbg
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
stephaniekocala
Replies
Views