• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Citrus Press to Juice Grapefruit?

In summary, the conversation is about using a citrus press to juice larger citrus fruits, specifically grapefruits. Some suggest cutting the fruit into quarters and using the press, while others prefer using a juicer or squeezing by hand. There is also a tip about using a whisk as a citrus reamer, but some have found that it bends their whisk. Overall, the consensus is that juicing 9 grapefruits will still be tiring no matter the method used.
krahema
Has anyone used their citrus press to juice a grapefruit or any other larger citrus fruit? I love how it works for lemons & limes, and recently a friend was telling me about a drink recipe she made that required the juice of 9 grapefruit! She said her hand was ready to fall off after juicing them on a standard juicer. I was thinking maybe you could quarter the fruit and still put it in the citrus press, but thought I would ask here to see if anyone has tried something similar.

Thanks!:chef:

I don't think it would work at all. I sometimes squish quartered oranges into it, but can't imagine a grapefruit fitting.

I would think it would work exactly as well for grapefruit as for oranges. Just cut it into "quarters" (maybe 8ths if it's a large grapefruit) and press.

And don't forget the recent PC tip about using your whisk as a citrus reamer -- there was a picture in some of our materials showing how to do it. Basically hold the whisk below the handle right in the "whisk-y" part and ream away. Hope that makes sense.​

LeslieSGI said:
And don't forget the recent PC tip about using your whisk as a citrus reamer -- there was a picture in some of our materials showing how to do it. Basically hold the whisk below the handle right in the "whisk-y" part and ream away. Hope that makes sense.​

It looked really difficult and awkward when they demonstrate it in the Quesadilla Cup video. I can't imagine doing it that way! I'd rather just squeeze it with my hands. I also don't think it'd work with a grapefruit because of the size. It'd ream the very center but leave alot.

The juicer would be better for this, I'd imagine. I bet the press would work, but it is more cutting. :) The whisk is a good alternative if you don't own a press. They've shown that tip before and I'm pretty sure it was so that new consultants wouldn't feel that they had to buy the press to demo that recipe.

I think regardless of whether you use the press or the juicer, at 9 grapefruits, your arm is going to be tired no matter what!

NooraK said:
I think regardless of whether you use the press or the juicer, at 9 grapefruits, your arm is going to be tired no matter what!

:D True, very true! :D

I actually think the juicer will be easier as well. We have a lemon tree that's heavy with fruit and I've been juicing them and freezing the juice in ziploc baggies to make lemonade in the future with and it goes alot faster than the press.

We have this really cool juicer by Black&Decker, (I know its not PC haha) but I love it. It was like 20 bucks and you plug it in and push down and the juicer rotates instead of you doing it manually. I juiced our entire lemon tree with it. After using that, theres no way I would ever go back to the old fashioned way haha.
But I do like the citrus press, although I agree, I don't think that it would be as effective in regards to jucing a grapefruit because of the design.

LeslieSGI said:

I tried that tip and it bent my stainless whisk.

leftymac said:
I tried that tip and it bent my stainless whisk.

Yeah, I thought that would happen, I didn't even try it because I didn't want to risk it!

In one of the demo videos, it shows the male chef in the Test Kitchen using the wise to ream a lime .. big, macho guy that he is had problems (and looked uncomfortable) using the whisk. Its one of those "tips" that looks better on paper than in reality.

1. How does the citrus press work to juice grapefruit?

The citrus press is a simple and easy-to-use tool that uses leverage to extract the juice from grapefruit. Simply cut the grapefruit in half and place it cut-side down into the press. Then, with the handle, press down firmly to extract the juice.

2. Is the citrus press easy to clean?

Yes, the citrus press is designed to be easy to clean. The parts can be taken apart and washed with warm soapy water or placed in the dishwasher for convenience.

3. Can the citrus press also be used for other types of citrus fruits?

Yes, the citrus press can be used for all types of citrus fruits including lemons, limes, oranges, and more. It is a versatile tool for all your juicing needs.

4. How much juice can the citrus press extract from one grapefruit?

The citrus press is designed to efficiently extract the maximum amount of juice from each grapefruit. On average, it can extract about 4 ounces of juice from one grapefruit.

5. Is the citrus press durable and long-lasting?

Yes, the citrus press is made with high-quality materials that are built to last. With proper care and maintenance, it can be a reliable tool in your kitchen for years to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BadGirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KristinS
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • DebPC