• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Citrus Press for Squeezing Tea Bags?

In summary, the Test Kitchen recommends not squeezing tea bags, as this will release the bitter tannins. Debbie suggests using the Citrus Press to squeeze liquid from tea bags, and stainless steel cleaner to clean the Citrus Press.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
This is in the weekly bites:

Tips
From the Test Kitchen ...
Use the Citrus Press to squeeze liquid from tea bags when making a cup of tea or a large amount of iced tea. The Citrus Press can hold 3 to 4 tea bags at a time.

I have always heard NOT to squeeze tea bags, as you are squeezing the most BITTER part into what you have brewed. I know many of you on here are tea connoisseurs ....what is correct?

Hmmm, I'm not sure- I just know that you should not squeeze the Charmin!

Kitchen Diva said:
Hmmm, I'm not sure- I just know that you should not squeeze the Charmin!

That was so something kitchen guy would say.... very funny!! ;)

I always squeeze my bag - just drink hot tea in the morning. It's not the bitter - I gobble it done...lol

Wouldn't it stain?
Mine is stained from lemons and I am not too crazy about bleaching it but I might have to if I take it to my shows.

Debbie :chef:

My thought is that if I squeeze a tea bag with it, it'll burst the tea bag! That dude is powerful when squeezin'!!

(As for the Charmin comment.....I completely remember those commercials and that brought a smile to my face!)

I've always heard the same thing about squeezing the bag releasing the bitter tannins into the cup, too.

That is one thing I can't not make right is Tea. My DH said tonight, "little miss pampered chef can cook anything in the world, but still can't get the tea right". LOL I personally don't like tea. I know, I'm from the south and just a weirdo, but I can't stand it unless it's the decaff at church that's mostly water. Anyways, I really stink at the tea making. Part of me doesn't care to learn either. :) DH always makes it for himself and ds.

DebbieSAChef said:
Wouldn't it stain?
Mine is stained from lemons and I am not too crazy about bleaching it but I might have to if I take it to my shows.

Debbie :chef:

This is what I thought when I read the post myself.

Debbie, you might try the Stainless Steel Cleaner on your Citrus Press. Since it cleans SA pieces well, it might do the job.No, you're not really supposed to squeeze the bag when you're making black tea. Herbal teas (or, more properly, tisanes) may be squeezed. However, many people squeeze their tea bags. If they're going to do it anyway, they might as well make use of the Citrus Peeler. :)

I always wrap mine around a spoon and squeeze all the liquid out. It has never tasted bitter to me, but I just make regular old tea, nothing fancy!! LOL

As with many foods and drinks, people's tastes are different. I notice a bitter taste when I squeeze the bag whether I use the fancy stuff, Lipton, or a store brand. I wasn't a real fan of tea until I learned not to squeeze the bag.

I always squeeze my tea bags when making a gallon of tea & not bitter taste BUT I also use 2 cups of sugar. :) I use Luizianne. sp?

1. How does the citrus press work for squeezing tea bags?

The citrus press is designed to easily extract the juice from citrus fruits, such as lemons or oranges, by pressing down on the fruit with the press. This same mechanism can be used to squeeze the juice out of tea bags, making it a quick and efficient way to enjoy a cup of tea.

2. Is the citrus press easy to use?

Yes, the citrus press is very easy to use. Simply place your tea bag into the press, press down on the handle to squeeze out the juice, and then remove the tea bag. It's a simple and mess-free process.

3. Can the citrus press be used for all types of tea?

Yes, the citrus press can be used for all types of tea. It works especially well for herbal teas that have a higher concentration of natural juices, but can also be used for black and green teas.

4. Is the citrus press dishwasher safe?

Yes, the citrus press is dishwasher safe. Simply remove the tea bag and rinse off any remaining residue, then place it in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.

5. How do I maintain the citrus press?

To maintain your citrus press, simply rinse it off after each use and make sure it is completely dry before storing it. Additionally, you can occasionally clean it with warm soapy water to remove any build-up or stains.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Kitchen Diva