• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'd Like to Learn More About Teas...

In summary, the original poster took ChefAnn's advice and ordered a catalog from STASH TEAS and was overwhelmed by the variety of teas. They prefer cold tea, are against sweetening their tea, and want to taste the flavor of the tea. They asked for advice on where to buy tea and what teas to try. Becky shared her experience in Sri Lanka with tea and Ann suggested looking at the Stash catalog and the website for more information and recipes. Kacey shared that she likes fruity and minty flavors and from Teavana she gets Jasmine Pearls with Rooibos Tropica. DH likes White Honeydew. Lastly, the original poster asked what Rooibos Tropica tastes like and if decaffeinated tea ruins the flavor.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Hi fellow tea lovers! I took the advice of ChefAnn and ordered the catalog from STASH TEAS and it arrived today.

WOW! There are so many to choose from. I personally like cold tea better than I like hot tea. My biggest reason is that I have found most hot teas to be bitter or in bad need of more flavor and tons of sugar.

Since I am almost out of the tea I ordered from South Carolina which feeds my new sweet tea addiction I thought I'd see what I could learn from you guys.

Who else buys from STASH, or from somewhere else? We have a Teavana at the Mall of America where they sell loose teas and tea accessories, but it's a bit overwhelming and they are helpful, but pushy (they want a sale)

I like full flavored things. Like if it is a peach tea, I WANT to taste the peach.
I also like sweet- I don't like unsweetened things, so I just don't know where to start and which tea or teas to try from the catalog.

One other thing. Are all teas caffeinated? And if not- does being uncaffeinated ruin the flavor/taste?

Thanks for the info I look forward to learning all I can from you tea lovers! :)

PS- that Stash catalog could be dangerous- so many fun things in there!!!

Hmmmm, I'm the opposite - I love tea too - but I love hot tea just as much as cold tea - and I am very much against my tea being sweet.

I spent a couple weeks in Sri Lanka(formerly known as Ceylon - and known world-wide for their tea) on a Mission Trip, and got to tour a tea plantation, and watch tea being harvested and processed. It was fascinating.

Green Tea, and White Tea, are just tea that has not gone through as much processing as black tea(I actually got to see them separate the different teas while on the tour)....and it has a milder flavor...and more antioxidants. I especially love green tea - it's my favorite. There is such a thing as decaf green tea, but there is such a small amount of caffeine in it to begin with, that I wonder why bother?

Soooo, all that to say that, although I share your love of tea, we love it in different ways....so I don't think what I like would help you very much!

(Oh - I LOVE peach tea - but not sweetened!)

Becky, even though you don't like your tea sweetened, what flavors or types of teas do you like? I can always add honey or sugar to sweeten my tea.

DH says tea has oodles of caffeine in it. But I can't find any info on how much or it my tea even has any- there isn't anything listed on the box. The tea I'm currently using is from the only American Tea Plantation from South Carolina. It's a black tea. I'm interested in trying others.

I had a blackberry sage tea at a Chinese restaurant about 1-2 years ago that was to DIE for! Very delicious and flavorful and did not need much sweetener at all.

We are fans of Teavana and Republic of Teas

dannyzmom said:
We are fans of Teavana and Republic of Teas
What teas to you like from Teavana? I got my mom two teas from them one year for Christmas and a tea pot... she didn't like them. And I asked her what teas she liked before hand. I just have a feeling that she was being difficult.! :) LOL

I like fruity flavors and mint is a nice flavor for a tea. But that's as adventerous as I've gotten with my tea.

Kitchen Diva said:
What teas to you like from Teavana? I got my mom two teas from them one year for Christmas and a tea pot... she didn't like them. And I asked her what teas she liked before hand. I just have a feeling that she was being difficult.! :) LOL

I like fruity flavors and mint is a nice flavor for a tea. But that's as adventerous as I've gotten with my tea.
from Teavana I get the Jasmine Pearls with Rooibos Tropica - then I have them add rock sugar when it's brewed.
DH likes the White Honeydew.

Kacey, there's a caffeine chart in the Stash catalog that shows you the amount of caffeine in tea, coffee, etc.If you're looking for flavors, try some of the Stash herbal teas, but make them in combination with a plain tea. Some of their teas are available in sample sizes, too_Oh- and their website has a LOT of information about teas, including recipes - not beverages, either.

Thanks, Ann- I'll look at the website. My plan is to sit down with the catalog, some time tonight. :)

Ohhhh, Mall of America, I am coming to visit you and we can go shopping together :) Back to teas... We have a Mrs. Teapots tea house and she has lovely teas and I threw a baby shower for a dear friend of mine at the the tea house. I love nothing more than a cup of hot tea on a fall/winter morning. I do drink iced tea in the summer but just regular tea, not much for flavored. As far as hot tea, I love anything with cinnamon, caramel, apples, sweet stuff. I will have to pull out my tea stash I bought from Mrs. Teapots b/c I know I have some other wonderful flavors. I don't think decaffienated takes away from the taste.

dannyzmom said:
from Teavana I get the Jasmine Pearls with Rooibos Tropica - then I have them add rock sugar when it's brewed.
DH likes the White Honeydew.

What does Rooibos Tropica taste like? White Honeydew sounds yummy! I bet that would make a great iced tea! :)

merego said:
Ohhhh, Mall of America, I am coming to visit you and we can go shopping together :) Back to teas... We have a Mrs. Teapots tea house and she has lovely teas and I threw a baby shower for a dear friend of mine at the the tea house. I love nothing more than a cup of hot tea on a fall/winter morning. I do drink iced tea in the summer but just regular tea, not much for flavored. As far as hot tea, I love anything with cinnamon, caramel, apples, sweet stuff. I will have to pull out my tea stash I bought from Mrs. Teapots b/c I know I have some other wonderful flavors. I don't think decaffienated takes away from the taste.

Thanks for the info on decaffienated- I would love to hear what all you have in your stash. Caramel Apple tea sounds good! I just hate to go out and buy all these teas that "sound" yummy only to get them home and they sit. I have quite a few of those in my cupboard already, ya know?

I may just have to take a trip out to the Mall of America and visit Teavana. Maybe if I walk in without my purse they'll be less pushy?:rolleyes:

I have always wanted to go to Mall of America. DH is going to have to take the credir card away before I hit NC, I love to shop in Chicago. I went last year to visit a friend and we spent so much money and he was sooo mad at me.
I do have caramel apple, Pumpkin Creme and Choc Raspberry Truffle~yummmmm I have alot so I'd be happy to ship you some if you want to try them :) They are more fall flavors, but they keep well.

merego said:
I have always wanted to go to Mall of America. DH is going to have to take the credir card away before I hit NC, I love to shop in Chicago. I went last year to visit a friend and we spent so much money and he was sooo mad at me.
I do have caramel apple, Pumpkin Creme and Choc Raspberry Truffle~yummmmm I have alot so I'd be happy to ship you some if you want to try them :) They are more fall flavors, but they keep well.

I would love to try the caramel apple one. And I'm intrigued by that choc rasperry one. Could you ship them in an envelope to keep the costs down? I don't want you spending tons of money to ship me a drink! :) LOL

I actually do not like to shop and I strongly dislike shoe shopping. I think after so many years of being a Retail Store Manager or a DM that I'm burnt out on shopping forever. There are times when it's some what enjoyable, but mostly I am on a mission and I want to find what I need and get home!

I was happy that I was able to get so many wonderful deals and adorable things to start my new job after just 2 short shopping trips! :)

But if you did ever come to visit, I'd go to MOA with you- but I must warn you, I only last about 2 hours there... that's how much I really don't like shopping. LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
I would love to try the caramel apple one. And I'm intrigued by that choc rasperry one. Could you ship them in an envelope to keep the costs down? I don't want you spending tons of money to ship me a drink! :) LOL

I actually do not like to shop and I strongly dislike shoe shopping. I think after so many years of being a Retail Store Manager or a DM that I'm burnt out on shopping forever. There are times when it's some what enjoyable, but mostly I am on a mission and I want to find what I need and get home!

I was happy that I was able to get so many wonderful deals and adorable things to start my new job after just 2 short shopping trips! :)

But if you did ever come to visit, I'd go to MOA with you- but I must warn you, I only last about 2 hours there... that's how much I really don't like shopping. LOL

E-mail me your address and I'd be happy to mail them to you :)
I love to shop, it is my passion, I could shop for hours and hours. Going to the mall is like going to the happiest place on earth, such a wonderful place full of cute clothes, shoes, purses, belts, jewlery, kids clothes etc.. etc... ahhhhhhh heaven :)

merego said:
E-mail me your address and I'd be happy to mail them to you :)
I love to shop, it is my passion, I could shop for hours and hours. Going to the mall is like going to the happiest place on earth, such a wonderful place full of cute clothes, shoes, purses, belts, jewlery, kids clothes etc.. etc... ahhhhhhh heaven :)
That's how I feel about kitchen stores and cooking! :)

I love those too, Love Sur La Table, but since I sell PC now I only go if there is something PC doesn't have. I am a kitchen gadget junkie.

merego said:
I love those too, Love Sur La Table, but since I sell PC now I only go if there is something PC doesn't have. I am a kitchen gadget junkie.
Never heard of that store. I must go find one.

Actually I must go finish my closet. Talk to you later. BTW, when do you leave for vacay and how long will you be gone?

Ohhh love Sur La Table. I did a PC party and the lady wanted to know if we had this certain tool and we didn't, but I knew Sur La Table would and I found it for her online. look them up online, neat stuff, registered with them for our wedding. Got a catalog yesterday and saw about 30 things I wanted, not needed, just wanted. I just cleared out and gave a bunch of stuff to goodwill and amvets and I want to bring more stuff in, I am insane :)
We leave Monday, DH , teenage DS and buddy leave Sunday ( they are driving). DD and toddler DS are flying. We are going to Colorado for DH family reunion. We will be gone for 1 week, I am bringing my laptop with me.
I need to get my wild kids to bed, they are up way too late. DD took a 4 hour nap today and was wound up, but now melting down.

Love unsweet ice tea have any flavor imaginable
republic of teas are excellentour families were here last week and they laughed at how many varieties of tea I had my FIL counted and I had 44 kinds in the pantry.

Teresa Lynn said:
Love unsweet ice tea have any flavor imaginable
republic of teas are excellent

our families were here last week and they laughed at how many varieties of tea I had my FIL counted and I had 44 kinds in the pantry.
Too funny! I will look into all these wonderful options! Thanks, guys!

also love the tazo teas

we have a hot water tap so I can have "tea on demand" in the winter but I prefer ice tea

I'd love a stash catalog do they have a phone # or contact info to request a catalog

hey sis, you always have the most popular threads I've noticed, they go on for pages :) Got the kids to bed, now I have to paint my nails ( have a show tomorrow) and pack some more~ ugh....

I'm a plain jane tea lover - Luzianne Decaf & in a gallon of tea I put......2 cups of sugar. I say I'm so sweet (lol) that I need that much to taste it!

My favorite tea from Teavana is Golden Monkey.

It is smooth luxury!!! Very addicting, I must never run out, must order more, need more Golden Monkey . . .

I also have my sister addicted to this tea. At first she prefered the flavored teas, now she is also addicted.

floccies said:
My favorite tea from Teavana is Golden Monkey.

It is smooth luxury!!! Very addicting, I must never run out, must order more, need more Golden Monkey . . .

I also have my sister addicted to this tea. At first she prefered the flavored teas, now she is also addicted.
Too funny! I feel that way about my hot chocolate shavings! Must never run out, must order more....:balloon:

Teresa Lynn said:
also love the tazo teas

we have a hot water tap so I can have "tea on demand" in the winter but I prefer ice tea

I'd love a stash catalog do they have a phone # or contact info to request a catalog
Stash Tea

http://www.stashtea.com/catalog.php

The first one is their website, the second one is a link to order a catalog. It took about 3 weeks to get the catalog.

Sadly after looking through it, I now have another addiction to feed...and of course it's never a cheap one! :) LOL

merego said:
hey sis, you always have the most popular threads I've noticed, they go on for pages :) Got the kids to bed, now I have to paint my nails ( have a show tomorrow) and pack some more~ ugh....

That's becasue I'm a crazy woman with a crazy life and I'm crazy funny and people read my threads and THANK the LORD up in heaven above that they aren't as crazy as I am, and that they don't go through near as many crazy things that I do!

It's really only for selfish reasons that they visit, I'm sure. :) LOL (whisper- "Oh my, Kitchen Diva has another LONG thread- that girl is just plain nutso, I'm so glad I'm not like her, Wooo child she's sniffin' loco weed that one, and she's addicted to sweet tea, and buys too many clothes, and why is she putting those pictures on here? Who wants to see her new clothes, I tell you what I'm so glad I'm not like that"...whisper, whisper, whisper) LOL

Kacey, I love teas and coffees. My obsession with tea began when we had a teahouse in town that featured Republic of Tea. Once I found Stash tea, I actually ordered both the regular and the herbal sample packages. They're huge, and I got several of each flavor. I liked most of them. (Caramel and nut flavors didn't make the right connection from my palate to my brain. They are flavors I associate more with coffee, so they confused my wee, little brain.)I especially love that the Stash teas are individually wrapped. That means I can "stash" a few in my purse, tote, or briefcase to take with me wherever I go.

Kacey, PM me your address. I've got a bunch of Stash tea that I'd be happy to let you sample.

raebates said:
Kacey, I love teas and coffees. My obsession with tea began when we had a teahouse in town that featured Republic of Tea. Once I found Stash tea, I actually ordered both the regular and the herbal sample packages. They're huge, and I got several of each flavor. I liked most of them. (Caramel and nut flavors didn't make the right connection from my palate to my brain. They are flavors I associate more with coffee, so they confused my wee, little brain.)

I especially love that the Stash teas are individually wrapped. That means I can "stash" a few in my purse, tote, or briefcase to take with me wherever I go.

That's it! I don't like those flavors either - and you just explained for me exactly why!

I gave my mom 3 flavors for her birthday and since she thought 90 tea bags was a lot, she left 2-3 of each flavor for me to try...I'm not a tea drinker, but who knows, I might get addicted...I'll have to start out sweet though, I don't like bitter tea (that's why I'm not a tea drinker...only tried bitter non-flavorful kinds).

I don't have a tea store. :( But I love Celestial Seasonings! :D My favorite hot tea is Peppermint, though I also have Sleepytime Extra that's great for those nights when it's hard to get to sleep. I only put 2tsp of sugar & a little creamer in either & that's fine for me. I'm not fond of bitter teas either & being from the South prefer sweet tea to unsweet. :)

kathijenkins said:
I don't have a tea store. :( But I love Celestial Seasonings! :D My favorite hot tea is Peppermint, though I also have Sleepytime Extra that's great for those nights when it's hard to get to sleep. I only put 2tsp of sugar & a little creamer in either & that's fine for me. I'm not fond of bitter teas either & being from the South prefer sweet tea to unsweet. :)

Did someone say sweet tea? :D :rolleyes:

chefann said:
Kacey, PM me your address. I've got a bunch of Stash tea that I'd be happy to let you sample.

Sorry Ann, I'm just a little slow today. I just found this thread now. Oops! Obviously I don't know the proper way to navigate through CS!!!

raebates said:
Kacey, I love teas and coffees. My obsession with tea began when we had a teahouse in town that featured Republic of Tea. Once I found Stash tea, I actually ordered both the regular and the herbal sample packages. They're huge, and I got several of each flavor. I liked most of them. (Caramel and nut flavors didn't make the right connection from my palate to my brain. They are flavors I associate more with coffee, so they confused my wee, little brain.)

I especially love that the Stash teas are individually wrapped. That means I can "stash" a few in my purse, tote, or briefcase to take with me wherever I go.
I'm wondering if since I don't like coffee if I'll like the caramel teas. I love caramel- although I spell it carmel. LOL. I can't wait to try some of them. The Red Rooibus looks yummy and theirs one that makes you Horneee Baybee...and I can't wait to try that one. Hey a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do-:) They have these Chakra teas that are for wisdom, clarity, health, balance, creativity, friskiness... :rolleyes: :blushing:

I'm excited to try lots! I normally prefer a nice mug of hot chocolate. I was purchasing my hot chocolate shavings from Williams Sonoma when I noticed that the shavings tasted very much like the Guittard semi-sweet chocolate chips I was buying for my cookies. Well, low and behold they were the same, so I stopped buying from WS and now get a bad of chips that I make into a ganache, store it in a prep bowl in the frige and use a glob when I need it to make hot chocolate. And I love homemade whipped cream.

I figure with my new found love for sweet tea (iced) I should branch out and expand my horizons...

Hey, Kacey, do you know the difference between "carmel" and "caramel"?One has an extra letter. Seriously. According to my Food Lover's Encyclopedia, there's no difference. Either is perfectly correct. The only difference is in pronunciation. Carmel has two syllables. Caramel has three. So, you go ahead and spell it however you like. :)

raebates said:
Hey, Kacey, do you know the difference between "carmel" and "caramel"?

One has an extra letter. Seriously. According to my Food Lover's Encyclopedia, there's no difference. Either is perfectly correct. The only difference is in pronunciation. Carmel has two syllables. Caramel has three. So, you go ahead and spell it however you like. :)

Up here in de great land of the Sveedish peepuls- we like-ah to use de verd Carmel. :) At least I do! :) LOL I need one of those food lover's encyclopedia's! How cool would that be??

raebates said:
Hey, Kacey, do you know the difference between "carmel" and "caramel"?

One has an extra letter. Seriously. According to my Food Lover's Encyclopedia, there's no difference. Either is perfectly correct. The only difference is in pronunciation. Carmel has two syllables. Caramel has three. So, you go ahead and spell it however you like. :)

"Carmel" is also a town in Indiana, my sister in law lives there!

I am a Lipton girl, myself...but I do like English Breakfast tea as well, the more caffeine the better...the blacker the better...the sweeter the better... and preferably hot, but sometimes on a hot day I do like it cold...
But I did send away for the catalog, I am curious as to what they have to offer...

It's amazing how much difference there is among even plain, black teas. I think I'll make myself a cuppa this morning for breakfast.

chefsteph07 said:
"Carmel" is also a town in Indiana, my sister in law lives there!

Yup, one of our lifeguards, Molly lives there...you can see her on our Fort blog. :)

There are SO many people from there and Zionsville Fellowship that come to Fort every year!

TeasKacey;

Teas actually has 40% less caffeine than coffee unless they are herbal than it is decaffinated. I :love: tea. Earl Grey with lemon is my favorite and I also like English Breakfast tea.

My new favorite is Green Constant Comment made by Bigelow.

Although there are several Celestial Seasoning teas that I like, too.

I like tea. PERIOD. Hot, cold, sweet, unsweetened, doesn't matter!

LOVE IT! I am going to order that catalog!

Thanks!

khergatt said:
My new favorite is Green Constant Comment made by Bigelow.

Although there are several Celestial Seasoning teas that I like, too.

I like tea. PERIOD. Hot, cold, sweet, unsweetened, doesn't matter!

LOVE IT! I am going to order that catalog!

Thanks!

That is a favorite of mine too. I just love orange & spice flavored teas!

kathijenkins said:
I'm kind of surprised that you don't have a tea store over there! You'll be back in the USA soon enough and you'll have a tea store! :)

chefsteph07 said:
I am a Lipton girl, myself...but I do like English Breakfast tea as well, the more caffeine the better...the blacker the better...the sweeter the better... and preferably hot, but sometimes on a hot day I do like it cold...
But I did send away for the catalog, I am curious as to what they have to offer...
I'm warning you now- that catalog will have you drooling! So start saving a little money now because you'll want to buy quite a few! :)

raebates said:
It's amazing how much difference there is among even plain, black teas. I think I'll make myself a cuppa this morning for breakfast.
I'd need 6 cups to wake up at 4:15 Miss Rae! I hope you got your tea! :)

ChefEileen said:
Kacey;

Teas actually has 40% less caffeine than coffee unless they are herbal than it is decaffinated. I :love: tea. Earl Grey with lemon is my favorite and I also like English Breakfast tea.
I keep trying to tell my hubby that. But he gets a little upset when I know more than he does. LOL

Can I be a pedant and say that "herbal tea" isn't a tea at all but a tisane? ;)

raebates said:

And that's before you get into the variety of green teas! My personal favourites of the green stuff are a plain green with Jasmine, or Gunpowder which is kinda smoky.

My current box of black tea is a box of 200 bags of Ketapa Pride tea I bought in Kenya in 2006, and I keep a box of Rooibos (which is naturally caffeine free) for whenever my mum comes to visit.

<h2>1. What are some popular teas from STASH?</h2><p>Some popular teas from STASH include their Chai Spice Black Tea, Moroccan Mint Green Tea, and Double Bergamot Earl Grey Black Tea.</p><h2>2. Is there a difference in taste between hot and cold tea?</h2><p>Yes, there can be a difference in taste between hot and cold tea. Some teas may taste better hot, while others may be more enjoyable cold. It ultimately depends on personal preference.</p><h2>3. Are all teas caffeinated?</h2><p>No, not all teas are caffeinated. Herbal teas, also known as tisanes, do not contain caffeine. Some other types of tea, such as white and green tea, may have lower levels of caffeine compared to black tea.</p><h2>4. How do I know which tea to try from the STASH catalog?</h2><p>If you like full flavored and sweet teas, some options to try from STASH include their Wild Raspberry Hibiscus Herbal Tea and White Peach Oolong Tea. You can also look for teas that have descriptions mentioning bold or fruity flavors.</p><h2>5. Do uncaffeinated teas have less flavor?</h2><p>Caffeine does not affect the flavor of tea. Uncaffeinated teas can still have strong and enjoyable flavors. It ultimately depends on the type and quality of the tea leaves used.</p>

1. What are some popular teas from STASH?

Some popular teas from STASH include their Chai Spice Black Tea, Moroccan Mint Green Tea, and Double Bergamot Earl Grey Black Tea.

2. Is there a difference in taste between hot and cold tea?

Yes, there can be a difference in taste between hot and cold tea. Some teas may taste better hot, while others may be more enjoyable cold. It ultimately depends on personal preference.

3. Are all teas caffeinated?

No, not all teas are caffeinated. Herbal teas, also known as tisanes, do not contain caffeine. Some other types of tea, such as white and green tea, may have lower levels of caffeine compared to black tea.

4. How do I know which tea to try from the STASH catalog?

If you like full flavored and sweet teas, some options to try from STASH include their Wild Raspberry Hibiscus Herbal Tea and White Peach Oolong Tea. You can also look for teas that have descriptions mentioning bold or fruity flavors.

5. Do uncaffeinated teas have less flavor?

Caffeine does not affect the flavor of tea. Uncaffeinated teas can still have strong and enjoyable flavors. It ultimately depends on the type and quality of the tea leaves used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • ChefBeckyD