• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'd Like to Learn More About Teas...

In summary, the original poster took ChefAnn's advice and ordered a catalog from STASH TEAS and was overwhelmed by the variety of teas. They prefer cold tea, are against sweetening their tea, and want to taste the flavor of the tea. They asked for advice on where to buy tea and what teas to try. Becky shared her experience in Sri Lanka with tea and Ann suggested looking at the Stash catalog and the website for more information and recipes. Kacey shared that she likes fruity and minty flavors and from Teavana she gets Jasmine Pearls with Rooibos Tropica. DH likes White Honeydew. Lastly, the original poster asked what Rooibos Tropica tastes like and if decaffeinated tea ruins the flavor.
I found a Red Rooibus that looked like it will be very yummy. I found it in the STASH tea catalog. :)

It's a slightly sweeter taste than your common and garden PG Tips or Tetley, but not at all unpleasant.

pamperedthorpe said:
It's a slightly sweeter taste than your common and garden PG Tips or Tetley, but not at all unpleasant.

I'm not a huge fan of Tetley, but DH is. I also love sweet and fruity teas. I just recently became a sweet tea (iced tea) junkie and thought I'd better round out my addiction by adding some warm tea to my habit.

Off to check my pizza...

Kitchen Diva said:
sweet tea (iced tea)
Do you mean something milky with lumps of ice in it, or the Lipton stuff that's fruit-flavoured?
Kitchen Diva said:
Off to check my pizza...
It's nearly midnight here, and yet now I want some Deep Pan Pepperoni. :(

pamperedthorpe said:
Do you mean something milky with lumps of ice in it, or the Lipton stuff that's fruit-flavoured?It's nearly midnight here, and yet now I want some Deep Pan Pepperoni. :(
LOL!Sweet Tea is a purely Southern (as in Southern States) tradition. They brew tea, and add about 10 cups of sugar per quart, and pour it over ice. No milk, and no fruit - just plain black tea that is so sweet it makes you pucker, and makes your blood sugar level skyrocket at the first sip!

*shudder* Sounds awful, but that's just my tastes!

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL!

Sweet Tea is a purely Southern (as in Southern States) tradition. They brew tea, and add about 10 cups of sugar per quart, and pour it over ice. No milk, and no fruit - just plain black tea that is so sweet it makes you pucker, and makes your blood sugar level skyrocket at the first sip!

Hey- I only put in 1.5 cups of sugar to one gallon of tea. I boil 2 quarts of water, steep 10 tea bags for 4 minutes, add in 1.5 cups of sugar, let the sugar dissolve, and pour into my pitcher- then add another 2 quarts of water, let it cool down a bit and put it in the fridge. I then serve it over ice with a squeeze of lemon! :) Mmmmm

No fruit in my iced tea- but I do like fruit flavors in my warm tea- like lemon, orange, raspberry...

Kacey, I did get my tea, thank you. I had vanilla chai (tea flavor, not the powdered stuff that looks like hot cocoa mix), with a bit of soy creamer. It was the perfect compliment to my whole wheat toast with a bit of homemade strawberry-kiwi jam. Yum!

I still think this thread's title looks like "I'd like to learn more about Texas", but you made a typo and forgot the x.

I would like to learn more about Texas- just not their freakishly large bugs... (shudder) :)

A friend and fellow staff member at camp who runs our coffee shop there make me try her green tea (iced) with blackberry today. It was good!

We need Anne to jump in on this thread...

aside from Chamomile, which is a good tea to calm your stomach and how do you go about getting a catalog of the teas you guys are talking about!

katie0128 said:
We need Anne to jump in on this thread...
Been here, done that...

Knowing Ann, she MADE the T-shirt and sells them on Etsy! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Knowing Ann, she MADE the T-shirt and sells them on Etsy! :)

Those are usually on CafePress. ;)

I'm actually looking for one right now our lifeguards at camp wanted.

janetupnorth said:
Those are usually on CafePress. ;)

I'm actually looking for one right now our lifeguards at camp wanted.
blah, blah, blah... I can't keep all of her hobbies straight woman!

BTW- dh says he forgot to send you the battery charger. He'll find that and we'll get that off to you!

Kitchen Diva said:
blah, blah, blah... I can't keep all of her hobbies straight woman!

BTW- dh says he forgot to send you the battery charger. He'll find that and we'll get that off to you!

You guys are so sweet! Tell him thanks! Did you show him the pics? There are a few more.

Now I have to print the manual and read so I'm not fumbling with it. ;)

janetupnorth said:
You guys are so sweet! Tell him thanks! Did you show him the pics? There are a few more.

Now I have to print the manual and read so I'm not fumbling with it. ;)
I have not showed him the pics but did tell him about them. I'm sorry we didn't have the manual anymore! I feel bad about that. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I have not showed him the pics but did tell him about them. I'm sorry we didn't have the manual anymore! I feel bad about that. :)

Don't worry at all! Everything is online nowadays! I'm just so excited about the rest. DH is still laughing at me. I'm like a kid in a candy store! DH liked it too.

Just looked at the new pictures, they look good! Tell Sammie I saw her and little brother all bandaged up! Very cute!

Kitchen Diva said:
Just looked at the new pictures, they look good! Tell Sammie I saw her and little brother all bandaged up! Very cute!

She's still upset that she didn't get backboarded. But smiled at the compliment.
Oh, and we thought of you with the bunny. That's why we got that picture!

I'm still trying to catch Ned or Homer so I can get a picture! DH cleaned up all the twigs and brush in the garden, so I think they moved. :(

Speaking of tea.....

I'm sipping on a cup of Constant Comment Green Tea right now, and eating a piece of leftover Graduation Cake. (Really good cake! From Costco. White cake, with strawberry mousse filling, and buttercream icing.)

Oh Becky, I just drooled on my computer.

I just made some iced tea, and am now contemplating making my famous oatmeal cookies. :) However we have tornado weather coming soon, so I'm not sure if I want to use the oven.

janetupnorth said:
Oh Becky, I just drooled on my computer.

Costco Bakery makes the best cakes - and for a fraction of the cost of any other place!

We had cake from there - cut in 48 pieces - for $15.99! And that's with the special mousse filling, and decorated the way you want it!

ChefBeckyD said:
Costco Bakery makes the best cakes - and for a fraction of the cost of any other place!

We had cake from there - cut in 48 pieces - for $15.99! And that's with the special mousse filling, and decorated the way you want it!
Wow!!! We have a local bakery that charges about $40.00 for a similar cake that feeds 20!

Kitchen Diva said:
Been here, done that...

Not ChefAnn... AJPratt. She's the one that owns Pratt's Hill of Beans - the coffee shop. She has a tea room in it and I thought her thoughts would be interesting. I know the difference between my Ann(e)s, thank you very much!

katie0128 said:
Not ChefAnn... AJPratt. She's the one that owns Pratt's Hill of Beans - the coffee shop. She has a tea room in it and I thought her thoughts would be interesting. I know the difference between my Ann(e)s, thank you very much!

Well I don't! :) Darnit Jim, I'm a doctor not a mind reader.... (old line from Star Trek) lol

I bet Anne would have some really awesome thoughts! I'll PM her...

mmm... now I want a Costco cake. DH and I have been known to buy one and freeze most of it - then eat from it for a month. Can't beat the price! The carrot cake is really good there, too.

English Breakfast Tea with, well, breakfast this morning. Old fashioned oatmeal and cantaloupe. Yum!

Sweet tea with blueberry pancakes.

Hey, I never said it was gonna taste good- but it's the only tea I have. :)

If you love tea and looking at something very beautiful try Teaposy Tea. My best friend shared this tea with me on a weekend trip to her house. The light refreshing tea comes from brewing a beautiful tea bud the blooms in a clear teapot right before your eyes. She said that it was avaiable at bed, bath and beyond.

Pamperedchef8592 said:
If you love tea and looking at something very beautiful try Teaposy Tea. My best friend shared this tea with me on a weekend trip to her house. The light refreshing tea comes from brewing a beautiful tea bud the blooms in a clear teapot right before your eyes. She said that it was avaiable at bed, bath and beyond.
cool! I just might try that! :) But after the pollen attack goes away-

<h2>1. What are some popular teas from STASH?</h2><p>Some popular teas from STASH include their Chai Spice Black Tea, Moroccan Mint Green Tea, and Double Bergamot Earl Grey Black Tea.</p><h2>2. Is there a difference in taste between hot and cold tea?</h2><p>Yes, there can be a difference in taste between hot and cold tea. Some teas may taste better hot, while others may be more enjoyable cold. It ultimately depends on personal preference.</p><h2>3. Are all teas caffeinated?</h2><p>No, not all teas are caffeinated. Herbal teas, also known as tisanes, do not contain caffeine. Some other types of tea, such as white and green tea, may have lower levels of caffeine compared to black tea.</p><h2>4. How do I know which tea to try from the STASH catalog?</h2><p>If you like full flavored and sweet teas, some options to try from STASH include their Wild Raspberry Hibiscus Herbal Tea and White Peach Oolong Tea. You can also look for teas that have descriptions mentioning bold or fruity flavors.</p><h2>5. Do uncaffeinated teas have less flavor?</h2><p>Caffeine does not affect the flavor of tea. Uncaffeinated teas can still have strong and enjoyable flavors. It ultimately depends on the type and quality of the tea leaves used.</p>

1. What are some popular teas from STASH?

Some popular teas from STASH include their Chai Spice Black Tea, Moroccan Mint Green Tea, and Double Bergamot Earl Grey Black Tea.

2. Is there a difference in taste between hot and cold tea?

Yes, there can be a difference in taste between hot and cold tea. Some teas may taste better hot, while others may be more enjoyable cold. It ultimately depends on personal preference.

3. Are all teas caffeinated?

No, not all teas are caffeinated. Herbal teas, also known as tisanes, do not contain caffeine. Some other types of tea, such as white and green tea, may have lower levels of caffeine compared to black tea.

4. How do I know which tea to try from the STASH catalog?

If you like full flavored and sweet teas, some options to try from STASH include their Wild Raspberry Hibiscus Herbal Tea and White Peach Oolong Tea. You can also look for teas that have descriptions mentioning bold or fruity flavors.

5. Do uncaffeinated teas have less flavor?

Caffeine does not affect the flavor of tea. Uncaffeinated teas can still have strong and enjoyable flavors. It ultimately depends on the type and quality of the tea leaves used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • ChefBeckyD