1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Question about BBQ or Sweet & Saucy meatballs

1. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Sweet & Saucy Meatballs:
    https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Appetizers+&+Snacks/American/Sweet+&+Saucy+Meatballs/37192
    Sweet and Tangy BBQ Meatballs:
    https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Appetizers+&+Snacks/Sweet+and+Tangy+BBQ+Meatballs/795220
    BBQ Meatballs:
    https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Appetizers+&+Snacks/American/BBQ+Meatballs/9762

Above are some links to pampered chef meatball recipes. I have never made any of them.

At parties I always make the meatballs with Chili Sauce and either the Grape Jelly or Jellied Cranberry Sauce. I am looking for something a little different. I was wondering how different any of the above recipes are - or are they very similar to the Chili Sauce & Grape/Cranberry jelly version?

I LOVE the Chili-Lime Meatballs from the Easy Appetizer CB - but just don't have the time to make them this time around.

Thanks!

Feb 2, 2016
  2. melizabeth35

melizabeth35 Novice Member

Sorry this isn't an answer to your question, but I wanted to chime in as I hoped you'd get a response. I too use the chili sauce/grape jelly recipe regularly, but wanted to do something new this weekend. Thanks in advance to anyone with experience in these recipes who can weigh in!

Feb 2, 2016
  3. ChefG

ChefG

I have made the Sweet and Tangy BBQ meatballs at several parties, always to rave reviews. I had a past host call just today to tell me they were the first item gone at their Super bowl party. I too used to always use the chili sauce and jelly recipe, but I've put that aside for this one. Since they call for frozen meatballs they are also a fairly quick easy appetizer. Without fail I'm always asked for the recipe. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Feb 9, 2016
    melizabeth35 and Admin Greg like this.
  4. kam

Thanks! I wanted something a little different - but didn't want to go through the add'l work/ingredients for the same taste (as the chili sauce/jelly recipe). So, this is good to know! Now I can't wait to try this!

Feb 10, 2016
  5. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Here's an awesome easy and simple, tangy sweet meatball recipe: 1 bottle Yoishida's Teriyaki sauce (we buy at Costco) but you could use the Pampered Chef one on the outlet right now and equal part Barbecue Sauce. We do the Costco one, but any BBQ sauce works. Add frozen meatballs, put it in a crockpot, heat about an hour and you're good to go!

Feb 17, 2016
  6. kam

Oh! That's great - and so easy! I will have to try it. I made meatballs for a work thing this past Monday and was going to do the PC Sweet & Tangy recipe - but it was just too many ingredients (and some that I didn't have) that it wasn't worth it. I will try it eventually, though.

Your recipe would have been perfect!

Feb 18, 2016
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted