• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About 12" Nonstick Skillet

In summary, the speaker is discussing their experience with a nonstick pan that had to be replaced due to a rainbowing effect. They received a replacement but noticed some rough spots on the pan and are unsure if these are normal. They are hesitant to ask for another replacement but are concerned about the possibility of the rough spots flaking off. Others in the conversation suggest getting it replaced and speaking to a supervisor for a faster replacement process. Some have also experienced similar issues with the nonstick pan and question the quality control of the manufacturer. It is recommended to get the pan replaced and to speak to a supervisor for a quicker replacement process.
jesusluvsu2005
Okay, my first one just got replaced because of the rainbowing effect. (it's the nonstick). Anyway, I got my replacement the other day but there are a couple of rough spots on the pan. Like raised areas, very small but the other one I had was flawless. I feel bad to call and ask for a replacement but I also worry about those spots eventually flaking off because they are raised and will get scraped when I use the pan. Should there be small flaws like this? Am I expecting it to be perfect when it's supposed to have areas like this? I just don't want to call and get a replacement for nothing, kwim? But at the same time I don't like that those spots are there. Plus I need the skillet for a show on the 21st. I'm sure I wouldn't get a replacement by then. Any advice? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

Definitely get it replaced...that doesn't sound normal at all!!!!

Get it replaced, but use it at your show first and don't mention the rough spots!

Be sure you call this time and talk with a supervisor. Have them promise to ship it NOW,
and not wait for you to ship the second one back. In fact, if the original was within the
first 30 days you got it, and this just arrived, they should ship a replacement and send
another label for them to pay the shipping. I had the rainbowing effect on several of the Executive Cookware pans, and sent them a photo with a steel gage held next to the bottom to show how much. They were real nice about the replacements. Interesting that they still have the problem. I cannot help but wonder about their quality control in the place where they are being made. The butter still runs off to the rim of the pan and the food does not cook evenly across the entire surface of my 12" pan. However, my 12 inch cakes turn out just great!

If you have raised bumps, get it replaced! My cousin had that on a couple of her pans, and she decided to keep them. Then...once the 30 days had passed (actually it was a couple of months later) the coating came off in those places! Some was on the inside, and some were on the outside of her pan. Definately a quality control issue!

I agree about calling and speaking to a supervisor. If we (as consultants) have a product that we NEED for shows...they will send out the new one first, and then we can send in the defective one. But...sometimes you need a supervisor to allow this to happen!

Related to Question About 12" Nonstick Skillet

1. What is the size of the "Question About 12" Nonstick Skillet"?

The "Question About 12" Nonstick Skillet" has a diameter of 12 inches.

2. Is this skillet safe to use on all types of stovetops?

Yes, the "Question About 12" Nonstick Skillet" is safe to use on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction.

3. Does the nonstick coating contain any harmful chemicals?

No, the nonstick coating used on the "Question About 12" Nonstick Skillet" is free of PFOA and PTFE, making it safe for everyday use.

4. Can this skillet be used in the oven?

Yes, the "Question About 12" Nonstick Skillet" is oven-safe up to 450°F.

5. How do I clean and care for this skillet?

To clean, simply hand wash the skillet with warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using metal utensils, as they can damage the nonstick coating. For best results, hand dry the skillet immediately after washing. Do not put the skillet in the dishwasher. For long-term care, avoid using cooking sprays and high heat, and use wooden or silicone utensils to prolong the life of the nonstick coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jesusluvsu2005
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
RossDeb2
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jesusluvsu2005
  • jesusluvsu2005