• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Just Buy a New 8-In Exec Skillet?

In summary, the customer has scratches in their pans and the food does not stick to them. HO told the customer how to wash the pans to get the food to stick.
NooraK
Gold Member
I've been ignoring the flaking on my 8" Executive Skillet for a while, but it's getting to a point where I can't take it to a show. I'm trying to decide whether I should bother with the lifetime guarantee. The reason I'm debating is because there are some scratches in the center of the pan that appear to be made by a metal utensil. I know I didn't make them, and DH swears up and down that he didn't either. The flaking is around the edges, and not in the same area as the scratches, but I'm not sure if the scratches are sufficient for HO to say the guarantee is void. A new pan isn't that expensive, and I don't want to spend the money to send the pan to HO if they're just going to send it back.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Attachments

• DSC_0201m.jpg
    DSC_0201m.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 534
  • DSC_0203m.jpg
    DSC_0203m.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC_0204m.jpg
    DSC_0204m.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 490
I'd put it under warranty.

Wild, I've never seen one of our pans do that on the edges. Unless you've been using Pam or something, I'd say that looks like a manufacturer defect. The center looks like you either didn't protect it in the bag with other stuff to & from shows or you put it in the dishwasher & it vibrates against the prongs during the wash cycle. If it were just the scratches, I'd say don't waste your time trying to send it back in. But that edge looks wild. So if you haven't done anything crazy in the cooking process, I'd definitely say to return it for that.

It shouldn't be flaking at all unless the pan has been put in the dishwasher or has been on high heat.

I'd see about e-mailing HO with the pictures and see what they say.

yeah. Regardless of the scratches in the center, the edges shouldn't flake or whatever it is doing. And I'd argue a bit that as a consultant, you DO read the instructions- if they push back. ;)

Mine is flaking around the edges as well, only in my saute pans! I thought it was just me so I never said anything! And I have scratches as well in the center. I have never put in the DW or had any metal on them. I've wondered the same thing about just getting a new one...

I have done several cookware returns since they added the extra questions with out any problem at all. Pampered Chef just added some extra questions to the process to make sure that they weren't handling a bunch of mis-used pans. When they are used properly and there is still a problem, they are replacing them without issue.

I have 3 pans right now I'm sending back. One is the 8" skillet. Mine isn't flaking, but the non-stick is not nov-stick anymore. Same with my double griddle. Everything is sticking unless I use oil. My 10" has a loose silicone handle. I couldn't believe the list of questions they had. It worries me for my customers. I still need to mail mine back. I bought some pans from QVC with a lifetime guarantee and had no questions asked. I didn't have to find my receipt either. I did mail it back, but no problems.I had a customer tell me the other day she has scratches in her pans and never uses metal on them and has the pan protectors.I have an extra 8" pan I use for shows only so I don't have to worry about how it looks.

pampchefrhondab said:
I have 3 pans right now I'm sending back. One is the 8" skillet. Mine isn't flaking, but the non-stick is not nov-stick anymore. Same with my double griddle. Everything is sticking unless I use oil. My 10" has a loose silicone handle. I couldn't believe the list of questions they had. It worries me for my customers. I still need to mail mine back.

I bought some pans from QVC with a lifetime guarantee and had no questions asked. I didn't have to find my receipt either. I did mail it back, but no problems.

I had a customer tell me the other day she has scratches in her pans and never uses metal on them and has the pan protectors.

I have an extra 8" pan I use for shows only so I don't have to worry about how it looks.

I have three small pans from a customer that stick. You can see that they were not abused; the food just sticks on it. HO told me they won't take them back; they just gave me info on how to wash them. Ugghhh...

Well they better replace mine if I pay to ship them back after I explained the issue I was having with them. If I have problems with this process it's going to be hard for me to say to my customers it's a lifetime guarantee with enthusiasm!

I have three small pans from a customer that stick. You can see that they were not abused; the food just sticks on it. HO told me they won't take them back; they just gave me info on how to wash them. Ugghhh...

This makes no sense, what do you mean they said they won't take them back? They are advertised as NON STICK pans! I'd call back and talk to someone else!

chefsteph07 said:
This makes no sense, what do you mean they said they won't take them back? They are advertised as NON STICK pans! I'd call back and talk to someone else!

I'd be curious, too. If the customers used non-stick sprays, that might be the reason:

Nonstick Sprays and Oil: Do not use nonstick sprays on the cookware as they cause an invisible build up and impair the nonstick coating performance. Do not overheat oil, butter or shortening. This will create a sticky residue that will affect the release of the nonstick and also result in a reduced life of the coating.

If this is not the case, I'd certainly want to know what the reason is.

I sent mine back also. Never used metal in it but can't rule out Pam (I don't use it, but it's hard to convince Roomie) or high heat.

I would not bring that pan to a show

pclinskie said:
I would not bring that pan to a show

No, I wouldn't bring it to a show. I did end up sending mine back, now I'm just waiting to hear whether I get a new one.

I still have a Gen II and Professional 8" saute that get used alternately about everyday for scrambled eggs or grilled cheese and they both still look great, no issues with coating. My mom has Gen II cookware she got before I started PC 9 years ago that still look great.
As for "non-Stick" that's pretty suggestive. I still use a little bit of oil/butter in mine, the difference is I can use a little bit of oil and not a lot like you have to in a SS pan!

1. What are the benefits of buying a new 8-inch Executive Skillet?

The 8-inch Executive Skillet has a nonstick surface that makes cooking and cleaning a breeze. It also has a sturdy handle and a durable construction that ensures even heating for perfect cooking results.

2. Is the 8-inch Executive Skillet suitable for all stovetops?

Yes, the 8-inch Executive Skillet is suitable for all stovetops, including electric, gas, and induction. Its versatile design allows for use on any stovetop surface.

3. Can I use metal utensils with the 8-inch Executive Skillet?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with the 8-inch Executive Skillet as it can damage the nonstick coating. It is best to use silicone, wooden, or plastic utensils to prolong the lifespan of the skillet.

4. How do I properly clean and maintain the 8-inch Executive Skillet?

To clean the 8-inch Executive Skillet, hand wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal scouring pads. To maintain its nonstick surface, it is recommended to lightly coat the skillet with oil before each use.

5. Is the 8-inch Executive Skillet oven-safe?

Yes, the 8-inch Executive Skillet is oven-safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It is perfect for dishes that require stovetop and oven cooking, such as frittatas and baked pasta dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefinski
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
missydivine
  • Chefgirl2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies