• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I replace my broken 12 Stainless Steel Skillet cover?

I've had mine for about a year and a half now and it's never fallen apart on me. I think it's a design flaw.I think it's a design flaw.
urbnk8
The cover for my 12" Stainless Steel Skillet fell on the floor today and broke into a million pieces! I am so mad!! The nicer something is when I get it, the sooner it gets broken. The story of my life! As if I don't have enough other crap in my life right now!

Sorry, just had to vent!

I can't replace it either can I? The only way would be to buy the whole thing again?

Seems to me like there at least SHOULD be a replacement part available...

I've dropped quite a few tempered glass things in my day, and they've never broken...maybe that one was defective? I'm sorry that it broke.

Yeah, I know...there should be a replacement. I put it in a place I thought twice about, but didn't trust my instincts. I even thought at the moment that even if it falls, it probably wouldn't break! How dumb of me!

I'm still amazed it broke. Tempered glass is pretty durable. I've dropped the cover to the little NS 1.5 qt saucepan and it's still in one piece...

You could always call HO and explain what happened and see if they will replace it, or let you order just that part.

I would call for sure! If you don't try... you will never know! Tell them that you were shocked that tempered glass shattered like that and that it's hard to promote it if this is what happens or something of that nature and see what they say. You can ask to speak to a supervisor if you don't get help by the first person you speak with... although I must say that in the last couple of months I have had awesome people every time I've called HO

When I exchanged one of my broken stones last spring it was completely because of a dumb mistake I made, but it didn't matter. They didn't even ask me how it broke, just told me to send in a piece of it. Do the cookware parts not work the same way? I'm especially needing to know because one of my customers just broke one of her new cookware glass lids and it shattered, too! I wonder if they'll replace it or give her a hard time about HOW it broke. Hmmm...

I thought that broken parts would be replaced under the "lifetime guarantee" otherwise what can I promise my customers in regards to the lifetime guarantee?

Are you concerned that they won't replace it because you got it through the Pan-o-rama? Even so, that wouldn't make sense. :confused:

My little side whine about Pan-o-rama - My husband really wanted me to get the 12" Executive skillet, requiring 1,000 points, I ended up with 999!! And we can't buy the difference!! :cry:

I just did a show last nite and the ladies were all praising the cookware, and one shared her story of how great customer service is and their guarantee policy. She said a few years back, she dropped the lid to her skillet and she called them. The sent her out a new one (without even having a receipt) and she received it before she even was able to mail the other back. Needless to say, I sold 2 pieces of cookware last nite. ! So try for it...they should replace it...especially since you're a consultant.

The stones are replaceable w/in warranty if you break them no matter how you break them.

Well, if you drop the Food Chopper while you are unloading the dishwaser it isn't covered.......(somehow that's not considered to be normal use)

I've just started with PC, and about two days after I got my 12 inch skillet, I was about to cook with it when I dropped my lid on the floor..it landed handle-side down so it shattered. I called my director and she did a product adjustment...I got my new one in a few weeks.

pamperedlinda said:
Well, if you drop the Food Chopper while you are unloading the dishwaser it isn't covered.......(somehow that's not considered to be normal use)

You have GOT to be kidding me! I dropped my chopper the other day, thought it was fine so I popped it in my kit for a show... I was demoing it and took the blade guard off to show how it opens for cleaning and BOTH of the sides came off! Talk about quickly using the Pampered Not Perfect line!!! I went right into the chopper's 5 year warrenty and how to do an adjustment! I have not had time to do the adjustment on it but I never dreamed they wouldn't replace it... grrrrr ... did you ask to speak to a supervisor?

Um... you do know that both the "wings" on the chopper DO come off, right? They pop right back on.

With the wings off and the guards taken off, the chopper resembles a plucked chicken.I've often taken the wings off for cleaning - amazing how much junk gets up inside there.

chefann said:
Um... you do know that both the "wings" on the chopper DO come off, right? They pop right back on.

Well... no... :blushing: I didn't ... I better go look at it right now and get back to you on that... you may have saved me on this one... good grief... you learn something new every day! Let me go investigate

Okay... I see how it works and I'll use that information.. .however... on mine the two little pieces that stick out to hold the wings on ... are gone. I guess when it fell it hit just right and snapped them both off... I feel just a bit less stupid now! :)

If it makes you feel any better, I dropped the slider of my USG and busted off one of the wings that latches on to the superstructure for storage.Arrrrgh.

chefann said:

Okay, call me stupid, or just call me blonde....but I DID NOT KNOW THAT!!! :blushing: :eek: :eek: :blushing:

:eek: Feeling very embarrassed and sheepish here on this side of the state!:eek:

quiverfull7 said:
Okay... I see how it works and I'll use that information.. .however... on mine the two little pieces that stick out to hold the wings on ... are gone. I guess when it fell it hit just right and snapped them both off... I feel just a bit less stupid now! :)

That happened to my adjustable measuring spoon when I dropped it. I guess I will call HO and see if they will replace it. I better go dig some of it out of the garbage though in case they want part of it back!!

Update...I called HO today and she said that technically it wasn't covered under the warranty, but she said she would replace it anyway (this one time...). So Yea!!!!

PC is the greatest company of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the advice! I might not have tried if not coaxed by you all!! Love you guys!!

It has been my experience that if you don't like what HO says the 1st time you call, call back and talk to someone else. The next person sometimes will see it your way. When I call back, I don't mention that I have called once before.

Related to Can I replace my broken 12 Stainless Steel Skillet cover?

What is "Totally Frustrated!!!"?

"Totally Frustrated!!!" is a recipe book created by Pampered Chef, featuring quick and easy meals that can be made in under 30 minutes.

What types of recipes are included in "Totally Frustrated!!!"?

The book includes a variety of recipes, such as main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and even some vegetarian options. There are also recipes for different dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free and dairy-free.

Are the ingredients for the recipes in "Totally Frustrated!!!" easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients used in the recipes are common and can be found in most grocery stores. Some recipes may require more specialized ingredients, but these can usually be found in the international or health food sections of the store.

Do I need special equipment to make the recipes in "Totally Frustrated!!!"?

No, most of the recipes can be made with basic kitchen equipment such as pots, pans, and utensils. However, some recipes may recommend using specific Pampered Chef products for best results.

Are the recipes in "Totally Frustrated!!!" suitable for beginner cooks?

Yes, the recipes are designed to be easy and quick to make, making them perfect for beginner cooks. Each recipe also includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • DCoopPC
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Nanisu