• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Skillet Cake in a 10" Skillet??

In summary, the conversation was about using a 10" stainless skillet for a skillet cake recipe, with the option of using a 12" Old-style Family skillet. The participants also discussed modifying the recipe to work in a DCB and trying different variations of the recipe. They also shared tips on how to make the cake in a skillet and how to serve it.
esavvymom
Staff member
Can I use a 10" stainless skillet for the standard skillet cake recipe? I don't have a 12". The only 12" I have is the Old-style Family skillet, and I can't remember if it can go in the oven.

I'd love to try a skillet cake....for future demos.

yes-it can if its the professional it is safe to 350 degrees Enjoy!!

yes. It's the Professional line. Going to try that for tonight's dessert.But can you do a 12" recipe in a 10" pan (leave out a bit of batter maybe...or if you account for what I eat from the bowl, that might do it. :D)? I'd love to be able to show off cookware like that- especially if i happen to be showcasing my DCB as a main-dish item. Right now, I can't afford to buy a 12" current-line product...I only have the 10" stainless skillet.

Bobbi, I would give it a try at home first. I am thinking you may have to leave a little of the batter out.;)

I will. I chickened out tonight. I ended up doing the "Molten Chocolate Tunnel Cake" (on CC recipes), but instead of the Deep Dish Baker, I used my DCB. I actually didn't realize that it was the round-baker until I was getting the parchment paper. I decided to modify it to work in the DCB and see how it turns out. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm going to try to turn it onto a platter and everything. The other DCB cakes I read about with the ready-made icing in it sounded very soupy and not easy to turn out. If this works, I thought it'd be a good option for DCB cakes at a show or Pampering a Business. *UPDATE: Cake has just been served and I'm getting a :thumbup: from my boys. I inverted the cake onto a SA platter. It sunk a little in the center- but that's mainly because I had so much pudding in the center. but it looked nice, stayed together very well, and tastes even better. I did everything but the raspberries called for in the recipe.

I will try the 10" skillet though!! I can probably put the extra batter into a Prep Bowl and make a mini-cake alongside the 10" skillet.
I know this particular cake that I'm doing tonight can be done in a skillet too...I watched my H.Director do it at her show, but I don't remember how! I have to get her recipe modification for it. And I think she used a smaller skillet- I know it wasn't the family size.

Last edited:
Molten Chocolate Tunnel Cake
Ingredients:
1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 1/4 cups milk
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil

3 eggs
1/2 cup water
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 pint fresh raspberries
Whipped topping (optional)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray Deep Dish Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Cut a 10-inch circle of Parchment Paper; place in bottom of Baker. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In Small Batter Bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate morsels; set aside. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cake mix, 1/2 cup oil, eggs and water; mix until smooth. Pour 1 1/4 cups of the batter; set aside. Spread remaining batter over bottom of Baker.
3. Using Small Scoop, scoop pudding in circular pattern 1/2 inch from edge of Baker. Spread remaining batter over pudding. Bake 35-40 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from Baker, carefully invert cake onto Round Platter.
4. Combine remaining chocolate morsels and half of the whipped topping in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted; mix until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the glaze; set aside. Pour remaining glaze over cake. Spread glaze to edge of cake, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Place raspberries evenly over top of cake 1 inch from edge; drizzle with reserved glaze. Garnish with whipped topping using Easy Accent® Decorator, if desired.
Yield: 16 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 420 mg, Fiber 2 g©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

esavvymom said:
I will. I chickened out tonight. I ended up doing the "Molten Chocolate Tunnel Cake" (on CC recipes), but instead of the Deep Dish Baker, I used my DCB. I actually didn't realize that it was the round-baker until I was getting the parchment paper. I decided to modify it to work in the DCB and see how it turns out. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm going to try to turn it onto a platter and everything. The other DCB cakes I read about with the ready-made icing in it sounded very soupy and not easy to turn out. If this works, I thought it'd be a good option for DCB cakes at a show or Pampering a Business. *UPDATE: Cake has just been served and I'm getting a :thumbup: from my boys. I inverted the cake onto a SA platter. It sunk a little in the center- but that's mainly because I had so much pudding in the center. but it looked nice, stayed together very well, and tastes even better. I did everything but the raspberries called for in the recipe.

I will try the 10" skillet though!! I can probably put the extra batter into a Prep Bowl and make a mini-cake alongside the 10" skillet.
I know this particular cake that I'm doing tonight can be done in a skillet too...I watched my H.Director do it at her show, but I don't remember how! I have to get her recipe modification for it. And I think she used a smaller skillet- I know it wasn't the family size.

I don't want to assume anything. Did you do this one tonight in the oven? With or with out the lid? Did you use the parchment paper?

I made the chocolate cherry skillet cake in my 10", didn't leave out anything and it worked just fine!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I don't want to assume anything. Did you do this one tonight in the oven? With or with out the lid? Did you use the parchment paper?

I did this without the lid, and WITH the parchment paper. I just cut it to fit the bottom of my DCB. It slid out of the pan perfectly. I think next time, I'd not use as much of the pudding- because the center sunk because it was so much pudding, but it tasted sinful!

My DH and I were watching the Carolina Hurricanes vs Boston Bruins game 7 tonight...and let me tell you, I should NOT have had such a rich dessert. I thought I was going to be sick! :D (It went into overtime...so we were stressing out!) We won though!!! (Sorry to all the Boston-folks...) But the moral of that is don't eat this rich dessert before something stressful. :p

teresah551393 said:
I made the chocolate cherry skillet cake in my 10", didn't leave out anything and it worked just fine!

Good to know!

1. What is the recipe for the Skillet Cake in a 10" Skillet?

The recipe for the Skillet Cake in a 10" Skillet can be found in the Pampered Chef Recipe Library. It includes ingredients such as flour, sugar, eggs, milk, and your choice of fruit or flavorings.

2. Can I use a different size skillet for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different size skillet for this recipe. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the size of your skillet. It is important to adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the cake is fully cooked.

3. Do I need to grease the skillet before baking the cake?

Yes, it is recommended to lightly grease the skillet before baking the cake. This will help prevent the cake from sticking to the pan and make it easier to remove after baking.

4. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by substituting the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. Be sure to check the ingredients in the flour blend to ensure it does not contain any allergens.

5. Can I use frozen fruit in this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and drain the fruit before adding it to the batter. This will prevent excess moisture from affecting the texture of the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • rajenkiPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies