• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make a Skillet Cake in a 10 Inch Skillet?

In summary, a skillet cake is a type of cake that is baked in a skillet and has a crispy, golden crust on the outside and a moist and fluffy inside. While any oven-safe skillet can be used, a cast iron skillet is recommended for the best results. Any cake mix can be used, but a thinner batter is preferred. To determine when the cake is done, you can use a toothpick or gently touch the center. Skillet cakes can be topped with various toppings and can be made with a variety of flavors.
Kathytnt
Do skillet cakes have to be make in the 12 inch Family skillet or can they be made in a 10 inch skillet?? Executive or Professional

Kathytnt said:
Do skillet cakes have to be make in the 12 inch Family skillet or can they be made in a 10 inch skillet?? Executive or Professional

I made mine in the 12inch family skillet in both executive and professional. I think that if you make it in the 10 inch it will be a little thicker.

1 box of cake mix will make 2 cakes in the 8 inch executive. I use this a lot for smaller shows. Makes a great presentation on the medium cranberry square.

Kathytnt said:
When I signed on my kit came with the 10 inch skillet and I made the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake in it--the only thing was I kept it on the stove top alitlle bit longer.

I used the 10 inch skillet before I got my Family Skillet. I left out a little of the cake mix because if you use it all it rises a little over the top of the skillet. That is really not a problem though because you flip it out and nobody knows that.
PCJenni...did cakes in the 8 inch skillet cook any faster? That is a great idea. You could do those as individual small cakes for friends on their birthday or it would be great for couples and single people.

Before I got my 12", I would make the Turtle Fudge Skillet in the 10". Not a problem. Just used about 3/4 of the batter. Since I made my cake before and flipped it out for the guests, they never knew the difference. Still a yummy cake!

What is a skillet cake?

A skillet cake is a type of cake that is baked in a skillet instead of a traditional round or square cake pan. It is typically made with a thinner batter and has a crispy, golden crust on the outside while remaining moist and fluffy on the inside.

Do I need a special skillet to make a skillet cake?

While you can use any oven-safe skillet to make a skillet cake, we recommend using a cast iron skillet for the best results. The cast iron will distribute the heat evenly and create a beautiful crust on the cake.

Can I use any cake mix to make a skillet cake?

Yes, you can use any cake mix to make a skillet cake. However, keep in mind that a thinner batter, such as a boxed cake mix, works best for skillet cakes. You can also use your own homemade cake batter if you prefer.

How do I know when my skillet cake is done?

The best way to tell if your skillet cake is done is by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done. You can also touch the center of the cake lightly with your finger. If it bounces back, then it is ready to be removed from the oven.

What toppings or flavors work well with skillet cakes?

Skillet cakes are very versatile and can be topped with a variety of toppings such as fresh fruit, whipped cream, ice cream, or a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce. As for flavors, the possibilities are endless - you can use traditional vanilla or chocolate, or get creative with flavors like lemon, pumpkin, or apple cinnamon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SUZIEQCONSULTANT
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ