• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Frittata Served on the Cake Pedestal?

In summary, the author is making the Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata in the 12 inch skillet tomorrow morning for brunch. As he's packing and reviewing the recipe, he thinks of taking the Frittata out of the 12 inch pan and putting it on the cake pedestal for display (and serving). He would use the pedestal. It would show it off and it's new. He also serves it on the platter all the time, so the pedestal would work too. The biscuit crust will be a benefit in helping to remove it from the skillet.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
I'm making the Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata in the 12 inch skillet tomorrow morning for brunch. As I'm packing and reviewing the recipe, i thought of taking the Frittata out of the 12 inch pan and putting it on the cake pedestal for display (and serving).

Any thoughts on this? I also own the large round platter too that i can use. I figured i'd use a couple turners to take it out of the skillet. Am I looking at a disaster? Any thoughts?

I would use the pedestal. it would show it off and it's new

I serve it on the platter all the time, so the pedestal would work too. The biscuit crust will be a benefit in helping to remove it from the skillet. I have an extra-large turner that I use, and that helps to remove it quite nicely! Just tilt the skillet, lift up the frittata with the turner, and let it slide onto the platter.

Thanks everyone. I will try that and am on my way!

That's a great idea! That fritatta is a favorite of mine and my customers and the cake pedestal would really show it off. I concur with leftymac in that you will find it'll easily slide out of the skillet with minimal assistance. Just another demonstration of the non-stick properties of the Executive cookware.:thumbup:

Is the Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata listed under as one of the Season's Best recipes, not 2010 but a previous year?

donnathepamperedchef said:
Is the Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata listed under as one of the Season's Best recipes, not 2010 but a previous year?

Yep! I forget which one though.

I looked for this recipe where is it? Please.

Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata * 8 oz bulk hot Italian sausage
* 1 medium red bell pepper (about ¾ cup diced)
* 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil
* 4 oz cream cheese, softened
* 6 eggs
* 1 pkg (16 oz) refrigerated grand-size flaky biscuits
* All-purpose flour for dusting
* 1 cup (4 oz) shredded Provolone cheese, divided
* Coarsely ground black pepper * 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place sausage into Classic Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 3 minutes. Dice bell pepper and chop basil using Santoku Knife. Break sausage into crumbles using Mix ‘N Chop. Add bell pepper to batter bowl; microwave on HIGH an additional 2-3 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Drain sausage mixture using Strainer. Return sausage mixture to batter bowl; add basil and set aside. In Small Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Gradually add eggs; whisk until smooth and set aside. * 2. Separate biscuits horizontally in half to form 16 biscuits; arrange 12 biscuits in a slightly overlapping circle over bottom outer edge of (12-in.) Skillet. Place remaining four biscuits in center; lightly sprinkle with flour using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Using Baker’s Roller®, roll biscuits to seal seams and press about 1 in. up sides to form crust. * 3.Sprinkle half of the Provolone cheese over crust; top with sausage mixture. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture and top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with black pepper. * 4.Bake 17-19 minutes or until center is set but still moist and crust is golden brown. Remove frittata from oven. Serve immediately.

thanks Dave

Yeah thanks Dave

What is a frittata?

A frittata is an Italian dish made with eggs and various ingredients such as vegetables, meats, and cheeses. It is similar to an omelette, but the ingredients are mixed in with the eggs instead of being folded inside.

What is a cake pedestal and how is it used in serving frittatas?

A cake pedestal is a stand or base typically used for displaying cakes and other desserts. In the case of a frittata, the pedestal is used to elevate the dish and make it a visually appealing centerpiece for a meal. It also makes it easier to serve and share the frittata with others.

Can any type of frittata be served on the cake pedestal?

Yes, any type of frittata can be served on the cake pedestal. It is a versatile dish that can be customized with a variety of ingredients, making it suitable for any occasion.

How do I clean and care for my cake pedestal?

To clean your cake pedestal, simply wash it with warm soapy water and dry it with a soft cloth. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the surface. It is also recommended to hand wash the pedestal instead of using a dishwasher. To maintain its appearance, it is best to store the pedestal in a dry place away from direct sunlight.

Can I use the cake pedestal for other dishes besides frittatas?

Yes, the cake pedestal can be used for serving other dishes such as quiches, tarts, and even savory pies. It can also be used for displaying other non-food items, making it a versatile and practical kitchen tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies