• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Monkey Bread for a Small Family...

In summary, this has probably been done before, but just in case, I thought I'd share an easy recipe for monkey bread that uses leftover biscuits. You can use butter, Italian seasoning and garlic for variations.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
This has probably been done before, but just in case, I thought I'd share...

We LOVE monkey bread, but doing a whole "fluted pan" (or non-PC equivalent, but I won't mention that!) is way too much for my family with only little ones.

Anyway, we happened to have a can of biscuits left over from something else, so I did "8" skillet monkey bread", and it was great! Melted 2 Tbs butter in the pan, quartered the biscuits, tossed in the butter, coated with cinnamon sugar, and put back in the pan to bake at 400°F for 10-12 mins. And they were YUMMY! Perfect for a snowy breakfast. :)

Do you have an easy recipe?? I want to make some monkey bread for my kids Dora/Diego birthday party next week. Is the recipe above for the smaller recipe? I am having 50+ people at my house for this party and was going to use a fluted pan.

I've seen a recipe for monkey bread online at nickjr.com. Maybe you could try there!

that is such a great idea!!! as i am only cooking for 1 - 3 the whole fluted pan was always way to much, but this will work great!!!!!!!.... thanks!!!!!!

That is a great idea---many of us do it at shows! Use the sprinkles rather than cinnamon sugar.

Also, you can do it with butter, Italian seasoning and garlic.

Now I feel silly... I just saw the garlic bites thread, with the cinnamon variation as well as your comment, Lamar, (and the garlic does sound yummy! maybe next time we have pasta for dinner...).

... and there I was thinking I was so original!! :)

Oh, well, we still enjoyed our breakfast!!

Merego - this was just enough for Me, DH and a 3 and 4 year old (my youngest was still sleeping and missed out!). I'm not sure how much you would need for the fluted pan (it would be alot more), but I think there has been a thread already about it. Maybe try a search for "monkey bread". I think I also have a recipe from my neighbour for a fluted pan where you add a packet of butterscotch pudding mix too. If I get a chance I see if I can find it, it comes out more caramely than my version with just butter/cinnamon and brown sugar. Some chopped nuts would be yummy too!

No big deal....now you can use your personal experience with your family loving the bites - and sell tons of cookware because of it!!

There is a Boots the Monkey Bread on Nick Jr so I am going to try that since it is a Dora/Diego party after all. I have never made it before and do not have the PC fluted pan, I have another brand.
Thanks everyone :)

Meredith

Here is my files for the Fluted pan, there are a couple of good "monkey" type breads.:)
Deb

Attachments

• Fluted Stone Recipe Book.doc
    78.5 KB · Views: 633
Well, technically not mine, but copied from some genius here on Chef Success probably!!
Deb

this recipe sounds better than the Nick Jr one

Zmom, thanks for the recipe file!

Funny... I have always done Monkey Bread in the Small Batter Bowl - never in the fluted stone! It's the perfect size for 1 can of biscuits - cut each into quarters, dip into butter then cinnamon/sugar, bake about 30 minutes. Then, when it comes out of the oven, flip it out onto a plate, and think volcano - take off the very top piece, and stuff cream cheese frosting (from a can) right down into the middle. It gets all melty and is yummy and gooey!

I talk about this at EVERY show, and sell TONS of small batter bowls. =)

merego said:
Do you have an easy recipe?? I want to make some monkey bread for my kids Dora/Diego birthday party next week. Is the recipe above for the smaller recipe? I am having 50+ people at my house for this party and was going to use a fluted pan.

50 for the birthday party? HA! And my husband thinks I am crazy when we have 25 or so for my sons.

I am glad to know I am not the only one who has everyone there!:D

And I have made one can of biscuits in the small oval baker for a smaller party!

What ingredients do I need for Monkey Bread for a Small Family?

To make this delicious treat, you will need 2 cans of refrigerated biscuits, melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and any desired toppings such as nuts or chocolate chips.

Can I make this recipe in a regular-sized Bundt pan?

Yes, you can use a regular-sized Bundt pan for this recipe. However, the cooking time may vary, so it is important to keep an eye on it to prevent overcooking.

Can I use a different type of dough for this recipe?

While refrigerated biscuits are the traditional choice for monkey bread, you can use any type of dough that you prefer. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 8 servings, but it can easily be doubled or tripled for larger families or gatherings.

What toppings do you recommend for Monkey Bread for a Small Family?

Some popular toppings for this recipe include chopped nuts, chocolate chips, caramel sauce, or a cream cheese glaze. However, feel free to get creative and use your favorite toppings!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedCaniac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Maragib
  • pamperedlinda