1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Do you think I could prep this the night before?

1. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I want to make this for Christmas morning, but it's kind of labor-intensive. Since it's made with canned biscuits, do you think I could prep it the night before and wrap it good then bake in the morning?

Here's the link to the recipe and a photo (these are so sinfully good!) Pull-Apart Maple Pecan Sticky Buns recipe at Kraftfoods.com

heres' the recipe text:

Ingredients:
    3/4 cup PLANTERS Chopped Pecans
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, divided
    1/3 cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    2 cans (12 oz. each) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
    1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cut into 20 cubes

HEAT oven to 400°F.

SPRINKLE nuts onto bottom of 12-cup fluted pan or 10-inch tube pan sprayed with cooking spray. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in small microwaveable bowl. Stir in syrup; drizzle over nuts in pan.

MELT remaining butter. Mix sugar and cinnamon in shallow dish. Separate dough into 20 biscuits; flatten each to 1/4-inch thickness. Roll cream cheese cubes in cinnamon sugar mixture until evenly coated; place 1 in center of each biscuit. Gather up sides of dough to enclose filling; press edges together to seal. Roll each into ball; dip top in remaining butter, then in cinnamon sugar. Arrange half the balls, cinnamon sugar-sides up, in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining balls to form second layer. Top with any remaining butter and cinnamon sugar.

BAKE 30 min. or until golden brown. Cool 1 min. in pan; invert onto serving plate. Remove pan. Top buns with any remaining nuts in pan; cool slightly.

Dec 21, 2009
  2. WOW...that sounds good!!!!! I don't see why you can't prep this this nite before and wrap it good...although just now as I type this, do you think the bisquits might rise?? If you make this let us know how it turns out...might be good for New Yrs. Day breakfast...my Christmas breakfast is already set...

3. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I am worried that they might go flat since they are canned biscuits.

Dec 21, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Keep them refrigerated until the morning, and they should be fine. :thumbup:

Dec 21, 2009
  5. chef131doreen

chef131doreen Veteran Member Gold Member

I have made something like that the night before too but I used the frozen dough and the rise a bit too . The bisquits may get flat

Dec 21, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted