• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using the 12" Exec Skillet: Do I Need the SS Skillet Too?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a 12" skillet in the new SBRC and whether the Executive or stainless steel version is needed. It is mentioned that the Executive can be used in the same way as stainless steel, except for under the broiler. One participant shares that they do not have the stainless steel version due to difficulty cleaning it with their rheumatoid arthritis. Another participant suggests using warm water and residual heat to easily clean the stainless steel pan. The only other difference mentioned is that the stainless steel version can go in the oven up to 500 degrees, while the Executive can only go up to 400 degrees. One participant jokes about cooking at 500 degrees, and another jokes about being "HAWT." It
cochef
Gold Member
I noticed in the new SBRC the 12" skillet is used in a couple of recipes. I already have the 12 Exec and an contemplating whether or not I actually "need" the SS skillet. Can you use the Exec instead with the med/high heat mentioned without any problem? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I believe the only difference is that it cannot be put under the broiler (because of the handle) and you are not likely to get a good "sear" on meat with non-stick. I think otherwise you can use it in the same way.....

i get a great "sear" on meats with my exec......i don't have the ss because i have rheumatoid arthritis so badly i can't scour the pans....the exec cleans up great and does everything i used to do with ss except go under the broiler......

I agree that you should be able to use the Executive unless it's something that goes under the broiler.
.i don't have the ss because i have rheumatoid arthritis so badly i can't scour the pans.
Carla, you don't have to scour the SS pans. Once you've removed the food from the pan, place it back on the warm burner (heat should be off, but there will be some residual heat) and fill it with warm/hot tap water. Let it sit while you eat. By the time you're done with dinner the pan should be completely deglazed, making it a cinch to clean.

The other difference is the ss can go in oven to 500, the exec to 400. But seriously, who cooks at 500???

pchockeymom said:
The other difference is the ss can go in oven to 500, the exec to 400. But seriously, who cooks at 500???

I do, cuz I'm HAWT!

(LOL, couldn't resist)

ShellBeach said:
I do, cuz I'm HAWT!

(LOL, couldn't resist)

ROFLMAO:thumbup:

I am certain that any recipe done in the Exec will work out the same or possibly better than the stainless. If you heat your skillet hot before adding any meat to sear you can get a good "sear" if that is what you want... just don't toss or stir it until the first side is brown.

1. Do I need to have the 12" Exec Skillet and the SS Skillet?

No, you do not need to have both skillets. The 12" Exec Skillet is designed to be an all-in-one cooking tool and can be used for most recipes that require a skillet.

2. Can I use the 12" Exec Skillet on all types of stovetops?

Yes, the 12" Exec Skillet can be used on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction stoves.

3. Is the 12" Exec Skillet dishwasher safe?

Yes, the 12" Exec Skillet is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the skillet.

4. Does the 12" Exec Skillet come with a lid?

Yes, the 12" Exec Skillet comes with a tempered glass lid that fits securely and allows for easy monitoring of your food while cooking.

5. What is the recommended heat setting for the 12" Exec Skillet?

The 12" Exec Skillet can be used on medium to medium-high heat settings. It is important to avoid using high heat, as this may damage the non-stick coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • emmabelle47
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PCGINA
  • kam