• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitute Skillet for Deep Dish Baker?

In summary, using the cookware you have will work just fine. The only downside is that the size difference between the mini and family baker may make it difficult to sell the more expensive items.
heat123
Silver Member
I have a brunch next weekend that calls for a deep dish baker. I only have the mini baker so am concerned at the size difference. Can I possibly subsitute using the family skillet instead of the deep baker?

thanks!

CookwareYES,YES
You should use they cookware you have. Now so that you can sell the higher priced items and get bookings for FEB ( 60% off remember) This will really help you , I think any stone that you use you can also use the Family size skillet . It will come out of the pan so well that everyone will say WOW I WANT THAT PAN or any of our Prof.Pans
I once made the pull apart bread in the small saute pan at a party and sold 6 in one night

Good Luck Doreen Zaino
[email protected]

great!That's good news! Awesome idea too! I did think about recipes I can do in the cookware for Jan. shows to promote Feb. but to subsitute stones for it will help out alot! I will use my skillet then!

thanks!

Small Saute SkilletI always use the saute skillet to make the pull apart bread. It is so much easier to carry to shows than the larger pieces and the pull apart bread is a great 2nd recipe to add to every show.

Also, I love using my cookware in the oven. Especially pineapple upside down cake in the Family Skillet. Yum!

where can I find the recipe for...pull apart bread? I may just use the small saute pan as a second recipe! along side of the family skillet recipe!

Here is a file I Found on this siteI usually make the garlic, but the others in this attachment sound good also.

Attachments

• Pull Apart Bread.doc
    19 KB · Views: 403
thanks!I think I will make it with my brunch show!

I just made the garlic pull apart bread last night and took it to my directors house and she loved it. I add parmasian cheese on top and it was great. I am trying to use a piece of cookware at each party so I can be successful with the pan-o-rama. I am going to try the other ones for my bridal shower this weekend.
amanda :D

What is the difference between a skillet and a deep dish baker?

A skillet is a wide, shallow pan with sloped sides, while a deep dish baker is a deep, straight-sided pan with a fluted rim. The difference in shape can affect how food cooks and browns.

Can a skillet be used as a substitute for a deep dish baker?

Yes, a skillet can be used as a substitute for a deep dish baker. However, keep in mind that the shape and size may affect the cooking time and results. It is best to adjust the recipe accordingly.

Do I need to use a lid when using a skillet as a substitute for a deep dish baker?

No, you do not need to use a lid when using a skillet as a substitute for a deep dish baker. The lid may cause the food to steam rather than brown.

Can I use a skillet on the stovetop and then transfer it to the oven for baking?

Yes, you can use a skillet on the stovetop and then transfer it to the oven for baking. However, make sure the skillet is oven-safe and can withstand the high heat.

What are some tips for using a skillet as a substitute for a deep dish baker?

Some tips for using a skillet as a substitute for a deep dish baker include: adjusting the cooking time, using parchment paper to prevent sticking, and monitoring the dish closely to ensure it doesn't burn. It may also be helpful to preheat the skillet in the oven before adding the ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lmklipfel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies