• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Replacing the Deep Dish Baker for Apple Nut Ring Recipe

In summary, the host is looking for a recipe for the Apple Nut Ring and has some questions about what to use as a replacement for the Deep Dish Baker. The recipe calls for the small biscuits that are commonly available in 4-packs, but the host doesn't have one. The host was also wondering if there were any other suggestions.
Elleoz
An upcoming host wants to do the Apple Nut Ring for her show.

The recipe calls for the Deep Dish Baker, but I don't have one. Any suggestions on what item to use as a replacement? I was thinking the large bar pan, but wanted some feedback.

Thanks!

Do you have a Square Baker? Large Bar pan would be too big, and not really deep enough (although depth isn't as much of a problem as the size). Medium Bar Pan would be better than the large.

I was thinking Square Baker too.

I have a vague memory of Apple Nut Ring at the only PC party I ever attended before becoming a consultant...it was back in the early '90's. A friend dragged me to it - I had no idea where I was going - or why I was going there, and I couldn't figure out why this woman was cooking all this food. (that was back when they demoed several recipes) I had no clue that we were supposed to be buying the stuff! I didn't.

Too bad I didn't know then what I know now!

I love Apple Nut Ring!! It was one of the recipes that I demoed a lot when I first started.

I tried to make this and cried because my stupid oven burned it.

I didn't know you were supposed to use Grands biscuits ...

The original didn't call for Grands, because it was developed before they existed. It uses the "small" biscuits that are frequently available in 4-packs.Apple Nut Ring2 packages (7.5 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 medium granny smith apples
1/3 cup nuts, gratedHeat oven to 400˚F. Separate biscuits. In bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Melt butter. Dip biscuits in buter; roll in sugar mixture. Arrange biscuits in an overlapping circular pattern in Deep Dish Baker.Peel, core and slice apples. Cut slices in half crosswise. Place an apple slice between each biscuit and around outer edge of baker. Grate nuts. Mix nuts with any remaining sugar mixture; sprinkle over top.Bake 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown. Serve Warm.Makes 10 servings.

Maybe it was because I used a glass dish and not stoneware ... but I can't imagine baking those tiny biscuits for 20 minutes at 400 degrees, no matter what else is in the dish!

1. Can I use a different type of baking dish for the Apple Nut Ring recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of baking dish for this recipe. However, the Pampered Chef Deep Dish Baker is specifically designed for this recipe and will provide the best results.

2. How do I know when the Apple Nut Ring is done baking?

The best way to check if the Apple Nut Ring is done baking is to insert a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, the ring is fully cooked. You can also gently press the top of the ring and if it springs back, it is done baking.

3. Can I make any substitutions for the ingredients in the Apple Nut Ring recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions for some of the ingredients. For example, you can use different types of nuts or dried fruits instead of the ones listed in the recipe. However, it may alter the overall flavor and texture of the ring.

4. Do I need to preheat the Deep Dish Baker before adding the Apple Nut Ring mixture?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the Deep Dish Baker before adding the Apple Nut Ring mixture. This will ensure that the ring bakes evenly and results in a crispy crust.

5. Can I freeze the Apple Nut Ring?

Yes, you can freeze the Apple Nut Ring after it has cooled completely. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container before freezing. To reheat, thaw the ring in the refrigerator and then warm it in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lmklipfel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dkitten13