• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken in the Deep Dish in the Oven...

In summary, the person is planning on using a deep dish baker to cook hindquarters in the oven. They want to drain off the grease and add mushroom soup, green peppers, onions, potatoes, and possibly some habanero from their garden. They are wondering how long to cook the chicken in the oven, as they have only used it in the microwave before. Others suggest cooking at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, checking the temperature, and then cooking for an additional 10-15 minutes. There is also a discussion about the different types of deep dish bakers and suggestions to saute the vegetables before adding them to the hot stone. The overall recipe is deemed to sound good by the group.
mrpampchefdoug
Going to try the deep dish baker to mess around... I've done shows with chick breasts in the micro, but I'm cooking hindquarters in the oven. After they bake I want to drain off the grease, and add Mushroom soup, green pepp, onion, potatoes, and maybe a tad of my garden grown habanero... How long to cook the chick in the oven 1st? Always only used it in the micro so far..

Doug

BTW, I've had 9 shows since I started in Dec... I know.. I'm a rookie here..

I haven't tried the DCB in the oven yet for anything. lol I started last December too! Let us know how it turns out. It sounds good. ;-)

400 degrees for about 25 minutes for the quarters with lid on. Check temp with thermometer (145) at thickest part. Then cook another 10-15 minutes with lid off or until temp gets to 165.

Do you mean the Deep Dish Baker or the Deep Covered Baker? The DDB was a 10" round by about 3" tall stone that was dc'd several years back, it didn't have a lid but PC sold a round dome baking bowl/lid, so it was used in similar ways to the DCB. Also, I would be careful adding room temp. ingredients to a hot stone, you could crack the stone because of the temp. differfence. Maybe saute' your vegetables, then add the mushroom soup, get it good and hot, then pour it over your chicken and put it back in the oven. I would think less than 30 minutes would be enough time to bake the chicken, then add your hot ingredients and heat up a bit longer. Maybe someone else has some suggestions for you? The recipe sounds good!

I assumed he was using the DCB because he just started in December. I guess he could have had the discontinued baker you are talking about... I just didn't even think of that. lol

What is the recipe for "Chicken in the Deep Dish in the Oven..."?

The recipe for "Chicken in the Deep Dish in the Oven..." includes chicken breasts, vegetables, seasonings, and a deep dish pan. The chicken is placed in the pan with the vegetables and seasonings, covered with foil, and baked in the oven for about 45 minutes.

Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken for this recipe. However, it is recommended to thaw the chicken first for even cooking. If using frozen chicken, add an additional 10-15 minutes to the baking time.

What kind of vegetables can I use for this recipe?

You can use any vegetables you prefer for this recipe. Popular options include potatoes, carrots, onions, and bell peppers. You can also add in other vegetables like broccoli, zucchini, or mushrooms.

Can I use a different type of meat instead of chicken?

Yes, you can use a different type of meat for this recipe. Pork or beef would work well as substitutes for the chicken. Adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the type and size of the meat.

Do I need to marinate the chicken before baking in the deep dish?

No, you do not need to marinate the chicken before baking in the deep dish. The seasonings used in the recipe will add plenty of flavor to the chicken as it cooks. However, you can marinate the chicken beforehand if you prefer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies