• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soWhen You Join a Cluster as Hospitality What Exactly Are You

In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's hesitation about accepting help and leadership from their hospitality director, despite feeling grateful for the support and guidance. Other participants in the conversation share their positive experiences with their own hospitality directors and encourage the speaker to continue accepting the help and to show appreciation. The speaker feels reassured and grateful for the advice and will continue to accept the support offered by their hospitality director.
hperschnick
So when you join a cluster as hospitality what exactly are you supposed to get from the relationship? I have joined a group and my AD said something about the leader doing more than she was "supposed" to do. Not in a bad way but that I should be step up more and help with the meetings by offering to demo or bring things, etc. I love this new group but I don't want to be "taking" more from the relationship than I'm supposed to I guess. (should be noted that I'm 6 mos pregnant and a little, just a tad, overly sensitive right now :rolleyes: )

New director offered to do a goal setting call with me since she was doing it with her other girls - should I have said no? Am I just supposed to go for the meeting and what I gather there and not accept any leadership from her?

I don't know, I just feel awkward about it now... I don't get any guidance from my director - just random emails occasionally and I don't mesh with her anyway. I love this new group and wish it was my "real" cluster but now I feel weird about it.

sorry this is so long... this has been bothering me all day - (again... prego)

I haven't been going to my hospitality director's meetings - but that's all I get from her is meetings, nothing else. Which is fine... I just REALLY wish I could go to MY director's meetings.

Accept what your hospitality director offers. Sounds like she is a gem. You are fortunate to have been paired with someone who cares about you and your business and isn't afraid to share everything with you even though she doesn't get paid from HO for the results - what goes around comes around.

I have consultants in hospitality and she treats them like her own - they are so grateful to have both of us and I am so grateful they have her. I have had hospitality consultants that I have also treated the same as my own team and I know that they have been among the most motivated at the meetings and have given back a ton through their example and enthusiasm.

Vote for her when it's time to elect the hospitality director (there are 3 - one at each wave at national conference).

Heather, it really depends on what the hospitality director offers. That's what the Hospitality Award is for - to recognize those directors who go above and beyond.

A Hospitality Director in my opinion should treat you just like one of her own cluster. For what ever reason, you cannot interact with your own cluster so they are there to share their wealth of knowledge. I say take all you can from her, learn from her, share things with her, etc. We have one hospitality consultant in our group, our director does the same thing with her that she does for us, even recognizes her when she has a great month (that is when the other consultants director gives our director the stats!). If you feel comfortable, talk with your hospitality director, see how she feels.

OK, thanks everyone! I feel better now. She pretty much just accepted me in and treated my like her own - it was great. Even when I went to my own director's meetings I didn't feel connected. I guess my AD just wanted me to know that I needed to be very appreciative... which I am.

I'll continue to accept what she offers and share at the meetings. I just didn't want to be taking more away from it than I was supposed to. I love this group and the Director is more my style - I'll get more from this group than I ever could have with my real group even if I could have attended.

I needed the reassurance that I didn't do anything wrong by accepting her help.

You did nothing wrong, Heather - it sounds like she really is trying to help you and your business.

I have an unofficial hospitality director, as my director just isn't into being a director! My HD is actually in the same downline as my director (they're like sisters), but HD is much more supportive of my business. I go to all her meetings and she welcomes me in like I'm one of hers. I also contribute to the meetings, and bring food each time. I like having both - my director is my friend, my HD is my mentor.

Keep taking all the knowledge you can, and as long as you show your appreciation (just a "thank you" will do it), I'm sure she'll continue to welcome you in!

Take from it what is given and give back what you feel it's worth to you. That's how I see it. I was invited in to a local cluster that's run by two directors and I'm still figuring out the relationship to my director who is super busy and doesn't have cluster meetings. I seem to be the only one of hers that makes these meetings (again, without being all nosey and "who are you to me" about it LOL)... and I get a lot out of them and they truly accept me as 'one of their own'. I don't know how things are supposed to be so only know that from my first month my director encouraged me to go to these meetings and I have. It's my own personality to want to belong so I easily volunteer for things... it's just in my nature, I guess. I say, enjoy being a part of that group... it seems that folks like to help one another regardless of who their director is, at least around these parts and that's really nice.

I agree with Beth, take what she offers, but she also shouldn't EXPECT you to be drooling at her feet thanking her above and beyond. If your real director is doing her job, she should be contacting your hospitality director and determining what to do for incentives, and other things. For example, my recruit is in hospitality and my director contacted her hospitality director to agree on who will recognize her accomplishments and pay for the rewards, who will call her (basically what level the hospitality is at).I know, most don't work that way, but they SHOULD. When you become a director you are taking on leadership as part of your job responsibility and you are gaining benefits from PC to help support that...they aren't just freebies for you. Sorry, it irks me when directors think ALL they earn is for them only and ignore their team. Sounds like your hospitality director is doing a good job, but she also shouldn't make you feel like a burden to her.

By the way, I think hospitality recipients do bring a fresh new look to the "normal cluster"...their performance isn't pressured by the HD since they aren't in their downline and may provide insight to the hosting group. Hospitality groups should look at it that way and welcome instead of saying "sorry, I'm not making money off you so whatever you do doesn't matter". (Just a sidenote related to OTHER situations - not this one).

janetupnorth said:
I agree with Beth, take what she offers, but she also shouldn't EXPECT you to be drooling at her feet thanking her above and beyond. If your real director is doing her job, she should be contacting your hospitality director and determining what to do for incentives, and other things. For example, my recruit is in hospitality and my director contacted her hospitality director to agree on who will recognize her accomplishments and pay for the rewards, who will call her (basically what level the hospitality is at).

I know, most don't work that way, but they SHOULD. When you become a director you are taking on leadership as part of your job responsibility and you are gaining benefits from PC to help support that...they aren't just freebies for you. Sorry, it irks me when directors think ALL they earn is for them only and ignore their team.

Sounds like your hospitality director is doing a good job, but she also shouldn't make you feel like a burden to her.
That is my director. She has said that her income pays the mortgage (showcase house and her husband is an executive in his company) and does little for the team. She does have small awards for those that attend the meetings but if she's doing an incentive and you live too far to attend too bad for you. When we were earning the charm bracelet charms they were sent to the director. She would mail them every 3rd month with her newsletter. When I asked why she didn't mail them monthly she said postage was too much. I mailed my downline theirs and it was one first class stamp. When I said it's just one stamp she replied "you run your business your way I'll run mine my way".

Sorry... vent over.

well having been hospitality (for me) and doing hospitality---some are amazing and are just NOT----
I as a long distance director to only one who attends---I pay for everything she earns and accepts even a x-mass gift from her---I WANT TO and I am sooooo thankful she opened her heart to her----at conference I host a pizza party and include them---again on me---for her and her team I like to co-join teams---as a hosting hospitality director---I just let the DIrector know $$ value of what the people earn and replace it anyway they want---pc bucks etc---but PLEASE always hand me your recognition on the way in----I won't sleep if I forget someone---when we do events 1st come all included---step up----all invited new consultant training all invited a speaker all invited a home office visit I don't care who's team you started with you are MINE---I love them all---
when and if you are comfortable and want to offer a demo or training ask your director to prepare something or stop in a meeting ---oh and tele-trainings----invite the whole team to join----the more the merrier----many people wish there REAL CLUSTER was that way=take the best from everyone---and keep on doing what you are doing ===

his has been bothering me all day - (again... prego)

BethCooks4U said:
That is my director. She has said that her income pays the mortgage (showcase house and her husband is an executive in his company) and does little for the team. She does have small awards for those that attend the meetings but if she's doing an incentive and you live too far to attend too bad for you. When we were earning the charm bracelet charms they were sent to the director. She would mail them every 3rd month with her newsletter. When I asked why she didn't mail them monthly she said postage was too much. I mailed my downline theirs and it was one first class stamp. When I said it's just one stamp she replied "you run your business your way I'll run mine my way".

Sorry... vent over.
She sounds so darn refreshing!!! I have been on both sides of this coin and have never been to my own cluster's meeting! Yes, you have a gem for a hospitality director! I have offered all the training to my hospitality that I have for my own downline. I must admit that I am not good about keeping in touch with my out of town downline, but I would NEVER be as arrogant and say such a snobbish thing. There...vent received and responded to.

I don't have a hospitality one in my area that I've heard of, but I'm glad you have a good one. I just got lucky with a fabulously awesome director. But I'm with you on the emotional side, so sending you lots and lots of hugs. Won't it be nice when we can just cry on normal things again?

I've always had a hospitality director...one was very business (SED at that) - gleamed a lot, but always felt like an outsider...another happen to see my email tagline for something for the PTA and invited me to join - she has been awesome!

My advice is to help out at her meetings in any way possible - recipes, clean up, etc. Take her generosity as she wouldn't offer if she didn't want to. Having said that...is your director "upset" about her offer? Of course you don't want to step on toes, but your Director should understand your wanting to get info/training anyway possible. Be thankful and remember to pay it forward...once you're a director repay the hospitality!

missyciccolella said:
Having said that...is your director "upset" about her offer? Of course you don't want to step on toes, but your Director should understand your wanting to get info/training anyway possible. Be thankful and remember to pay it forward...once you're a director repay the hospitality!

I don't think she was upset so to speak... I think she just wanted to make sure I would reciprocate the generosity. She is the one who found my hospitality for me without me even asking. She knew my cluster was more of a drive than I was willing to make. I'm demoing the recipe in Jan and told her. She doesn't know me that well and just wanted to make sure I RSVPd and acted like I should... I checked out of PC and my real job for a few days and have a new perspective on it now! I was just super stressed and overwhelmed about my real job and her comments just sent me over the edge. I really appreciate everyone's responses on this! My thoughts are that my hospitatliy director would not offer the help if she didn't want to do it - and I wanted to accept and kind of thought that by turning it down it would show a lack of interest in my business and in the leadership and training she could give. I'm going to accept what she offers and just act as if this is my real cluster... I enjoy it and felt comfortable with them and I'm just going to roll with it!

Thank you all!

MORFIA said:
his has been bothering me all day - (again... prego)

you feeling better?

Yes, I'm feeling much better, thanks for asking! I took a few days off from PC and my real job... just focused on family and relaxing and I feel so much better about everything. I needed a break and needed to reconnect with what was really important... my family. My job and PC need to be here to enhance my life, not stress me out more! I really appreciate all of the responses - it reinforced what I already thought. I'm going to accept the help she offers and enjoy the group!

hang in there. sosme days I feel isolated from my director and team and I promoted to Director in Nov. and have been asking for help on the transfer/promote. Needing help and encourgement on how to keep my team active. Trying to stay upbeat.

Sounds like you have a wonderful hospitality director. I personally think I have the best hospitality director in all of PC...but that is my own biased opinion...LOL I have a great director who lives over 3 hours from me and sometimes they have meetings another 2 hours from her house, so it is impossible for me to attend. She found me a great hospitality director who is only a little more than an hours drive from my house. My director checks in with me often by email and phone and she will send me cards sometimes. She sent me a great Christmas present this year. My hospitality director includes me in every aspect of her meetings. If she is giving away stuff, she always includes me it that too. I in return always rsvp to meetings, bring food to the meetings and participate in the discussions.

We have been fortunate enough to attend NC together 2 years. We have become great friends. When she feels stressed...like she is afraid she won't meet her "quota" to stay a director...she can vent to me. She wouldn't want her downline to feel her stress, but because I don't affect her and she doesn't affect me...business wise...she can discuss those things with me.

Take all the help you can get and be sure to participate. This cluster can become like your family if you will let them. We can never have too many friends.

If you are afraid of overstepping, ask your hospitaity director what she would like you to do to help her.

What is a cluster in Pampered Chef?

A cluster in Pampered Chef refers to a group of consultants who work together in a specific geographical area under the same director. This allows consultants to support and learn from each other while also having access to shared resources and training opportunities.

What is the role of a consultant in a cluster?

As a consultant in a cluster, your main role is to promote and sell Pampered Chef products through cooking shows and online parties. You will also have the opportunity to recruit and train new consultants, as well as host training events and participate in cluster meetings.

What are the benefits of joining a cluster as hospitality?

Joining a cluster as hospitality allows you to focus on providing exceptional customer service and support to both your clients and fellow consultants. You will also have the opportunity to learn from more experienced consultants and gain access to exclusive training and resources.

How do I join a cluster as hospitality?

To join a cluster as hospitality, you can reach out to your director or a consultant in your cluster and express your interest. They will guide you through the process and help you get started on your journey as a hospitality consultant.

Can I switch clusters as a hospitality consultant?

Yes, you can switch clusters as a hospitality consultant. You can discuss your options with your director and they can help you find a cluster that best fits your needs and goals. However, it is important to note that switching clusters may affect your commission structure and team dynamics.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Chef Rachel
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • ChefNic