• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Choose a 12 SS Skillet or Multiple 8 Saute Pans as Incentive Gifts?

In summary, the person is considering whether or not to get a second 12" SS skillet, and if so, what to do with the extra points. They also mention that they are happy with their current SS pan, but if they were in someone else's position, the second after submitting the form, they would think of a gift idea.
heat123
Silver Member
Ok as soon as I transmit my last Sept show tomorrow I will have 1540ish points. I am wondering if I should get the 12" SS skillet or just get a bunch of 8" saute pans for incentive gifts since it's FREE:D

I have the 12" skillet in both the professional and executive, so do I really need another in SS??? Can I do the recipes in the ones I have, even if it calls for SS? What do you all think? I'm not sure what to do? HELP!:yuck:

If you are unsure... just WAIT! The points aren't going anywhere and you have until the end of November... JUST WAIT! If I was in your place, the second AFTER I clicked on the submit button, I'd think of a piece that I could have given to someone as a gift or used for something else. Personally, I'd (do ya know what I'm gonna say???) JUST WAIT!

okay - not too much help here, but here goes...
i LOVE my 12" ss pan. (it's PURTY and goes in the dishwasher - woohoo!). for just 10 more points, you would be able to get the 12" and an 8" for an incentive. you can only get two 8" (one exec, one ss) so you will still have to decide whatcha want!

i looked again, and my reply is probably NO help to anyone...but maybe someone will get a giggle out of it - ha! have a great night, and i will just hush now!

I think everyone should have at least one piece of SS, and I've found the 8" is a little small... but maybe the 10" Saute would give you some variety since you already have 2 other 12" pans? If you decide on getting 8" pans to use as incentives, pick Executive, because it's a great egg pan -- more useful than the 8" SS.

BTW, congrats on your success with POR!

sushimommy said:
okay - not too much help here, but here goes...
i LOVE my 12" ss pan. (it's PURTY and goes in the dishwasher - woohoo!). for just 10 more points, you would be able to get the 12" and an 8" for an incentive. you can only get two 8" (one exec, one ss) so you will still have to decide whatcha want!

i looked again, and my reply is probably NO help to anyone...but maybe someone will get a giggle out of it - ha! have a great night, and i will just hush now!

Yep... I giggled!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get a bunch of 8" pans for incentives, unfortunately you can only get ONE of each (exec & ss.) The 12" is really nice and it's good show off doing those new recipes. If somone buys it it's $200!! One of my inactive consultants came to my house with her husband, he saw the 12" and said HE wanted it! LOL She is working on a catalog now to get it.

Hmm, I may get the 10" in SS (I just dont' think I need 3 -12"ers) and whatever I have left in points by Dec, get incentive gifts with my balance remaining? ;) Thanks for the input ladies!

PS. Do we get points for selling the lids only? If so I can add a few more points to my total :)??

Last edited:
The only thing is that the 12" Stainless Skillet is the best deal there (need the least amount of points per retail cost)! Hard decisions...

heat123 said:
Hmm, I may get the 10" in SS (I just dont' think I need 3 -12"ers) and whatever I have left in points by Dec, get incentive gifts with my balance remaining? ;) Thanks for the input ladies!

PS. Do we get points for selling the lids only? If so I can add a few more points to my total :)??
Yes. They are on the chart of how many points are earned for what.
https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/por_point_chart.pdf

Sweet thanks Ann! I don't know how but I miscalculated my totals and today I have 1601 on my tracker page and I just closed another show with another $132 in cookware points! Whoohooo I'm going for the 10" Stainless- hopefully I can demo some stuff with this pan, at least it's bigger than the 8" that I earned. ;)

remember the 10" comes in the 5 piece set

I agree that if you aren't sure, WAIT, cause more points will surely follow. Even though the Sept. host bonus is over, there are still plenty of folks who will take the cookware as a 1/2 price option or use free dollars on pieces. As holidays approach, I see several folks a year buying pan sets as gifts.

Also, not sure it was noted above: I believe in the Pan O Rama we can only order ONE of any item with our points. YOu can get the same style in each product line though so that does make getting the small saute pan in SS and Exec an idea.

My personal faves are: 1) executive grill pan; 2) executive family sized skillet; 3) 7 pc set of executive. I have redeemed points already to get the 12 inch ss skillet in my kit but I plan to use the rest of my points for gifts now.

Yeah, I am all set as far as personal cookware. I have both 5-7 pc executive sets and the grill pan and square griddle. So my only thought was to get 1 more piece of stainless to be able to demo a recipe. I wish the Stainless came in a 10" skillet rather than pan. I love my 10" executive skillet!

Hey Heather....you should get the wok. The 12" lid fits it so you won't have to get another lid.

I used to have a wok and NEVER used it so I ended up getting rid of it. Any other size suggestions? Will the 10" even work for demoing anything? That's really the only reason I would get it.

I'm getting the 12" SS when they fix the submit button. Still can't enjoy my SS. I emailed them, and I will continue to email, every day I am not able to redeem my points. I figured the 12" would be great to demo some of our dishes.

Related to Should I Choose a 12 SS Skillet or Multiple 8 Saute Pans as Incentive Gifts?

1. What is "Por- What to Do, What to Do???"

"Por- What to Do, What to Do???" is a versatile stoneware dish from Pampered Chef that can be used for a variety of cooking and baking tasks.

2. How do I use "Por- What to Do, What to Do???"

There are several ways to use "Por- What to Do, What to Do???" depending on the recipe. It can be used in the oven, microwave, and even on the stovetop. It is great for roasting vegetables, making casseroles, and even baking bread.

3. Is "Por- What to Do, What to Do???" safe to use?

Yes, "Por- What to Do, What to Do???" is made from high-quality stoneware that is oven-safe and microwave-safe. It is also dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning. However, it is important to follow the care instructions to ensure the longevity of the dish.

4. What are the benefits of using "Por- What to Do, What to Do???"

"Por- What to Do, What to Do???" is a durable and versatile dish that can be used for both cooking and serving. It retains heat well, allowing food to stay warm for longer periods of time. It also distributes heat evenly, ensuring that food cooks evenly.

5. Can I use metal utensils with "Por- What to Do, What to Do???"

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with "Por- What to Do, What to Do???" as they may scratch or damage the stoneware. Instead, use wooden or silicone utensils to protect the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MissChef
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
2 3 4
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views