• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sales Tax on Fundraiser for School

In summary, the sales tax rate for fundraisers for schools varies depending on the state and local tax laws, but it is typically the same rate as regular sales tax. In most cases, sales tax must be collected on all items sold during the fundraiser, but there may be exemptions for certain products or non-profit organizations. The organization hosting the fundraiser is responsible for collecting and remitting the sales tax to the state, and a sales tax permit is usually required for this purpose. It is important to check with your state's Department of Revenue for specific tax laws and requirements.
aried
Gold Member
I have a big fundraiser going on for a school which I included tax on the order form. A customer has brought up that I should not be charging tax. Is that correct. If so, It will be a big hassle getting be people's order funded. It ends Friday and I will need to get their form from the school. I wonder how long it will take to get it ok to get the orders in.

Ann R

No - you are correct. If individuals are purchasing, then they must pay tax. IF it were the school making the purchase, the school would be tax exempt.

With other fundraisers - sometimes the school has purchased the product up front, and then there is no tax charged when selling those candy bars, pizzas, etc.....or the tax is already added into the astronomical price you are paying for that wrapping paper. The Pampered Chef runs their fundraiser just like a regular show - so there are no hidden or built-in fees.

:Hi there! As far as I know, fundraisers are usually tax exempt since they are for a charitable cause. However, it's always best to double check with your local tax laws and regulations. It might be worth reaching out to a tax professional or the school itself for clarification. In the meantime, you could also consider refunding the tax amount to customers who have already paid it. I know it might be a hassle, but it's better to do it now than to potentially face legal issues later on. Good luck with your fundraiser!

Related to Sales Tax on Fundraiser for School

What is the sales tax rate for fundraisers for schools?

The sales tax rate for fundraisers for schools varies depending on the state and local tax laws. It is typically the same rate as regular sales tax for that area. It is best to check with your state's Department of Revenue for the specific tax rate.

Do we need to collect sales tax on all items sold during the fundraiser?

In most cases, sales tax must be collected on all items sold during the fundraiser. However, some states may have exemptions for certain types of products or for non-profit organizations. It is important to check with your state's Department of Revenue for the specific tax laws and exemptions.

Are there any items that are exempt from sales tax during the fundraiser?

Some states may have exemptions for certain types of products sold during fundraisers for schools. These exemptions may include food items, certain types of clothing, and educational materials. It is best to check with your state's Department of Revenue for the specific tax laws and exemptions.

Who is responsible for collecting and remitting the sales tax for the fundraiser?

In most cases, the organization hosting the fundraiser is responsible for collecting and remitting the sales tax to the state. This includes keeping track of the sales tax collected, filing tax returns, and making payments to the state. It is important to check with your state's Department of Revenue for the specific tax laws and requirements for fundraising events.

Do we need to register for a sales tax permit for the fundraiser?

Yes, in most cases, you will need to register for a sales tax permit with your state's Department of Revenue in order to collect and remit sales tax for the fundraiser. This permit will allow you to legally collect and report sales tax to the state. It is important to check with your state's Department of Revenue for the specific requirements for obtaining a sales tax permit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rebeccasmith
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
rebeccasmith
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • Caringpurelove